Volkswagen ID Forum banner
401 - 420 of 624 Posts

·
105 Posts
My 2022 RWD Gradient is also on a ship headed here, and I just looked and my 2023 RWD Pro, locked on 9-16, shows delivery between 12-01 and 1-01-23. If that is accurate it will make it here in December and qualify for the tax credit - so the question becomes, do I take the 2022 gradient due at the dealers between 10-10 and 10-20 - I do have a contract signed before biden signed the bill, but there still seems to be some question about the validity of these contracts, and then there is the question of the differences between a 2022 and 2023....I also ordered a AWD 2023 Pro S Plus on August 6, but it hasn't locked yet. Of the three that would be my first choice.

·
21 Posts
I'm also AWD Pro! ...and also unlocked :(

Interesting point about the roofs. Anyone know if the 2022s with and without glass roofs were coming out in distinctly different batches?

I'm AWD Pro too! . . . and also unlocked :mad:

I haven't heard of any AWD Pro orders locking (the extension shows a hand full, but I think it's been reporting those for a while, they're not recent locks).

When all the AWD Pro S orders started locking this week and nothing for the AWD Pro orders, I thought it might be the roof too, but I think the first batch of locks that went out late last week were all RWD Pro orders (no glass roof), so they're obviously building cars without the glass roof, so who knows what is going on.

As a relatively newcomer to this whole process (ordered mid-August), the way this works is bonkers. It's all a big game. If you guess the right trim and colors and options and dealership, you can lock in less than a week! If you get any part wrong, good luck. Seems stupid, but the best move is to order up to the limit (5 I think?) in various trims and across multiple dealers to give yourself the best chance of hitting a winning combo. I wish I would have realized that back in August. Now it's too late, so I'm just riding it out and hoping for a miracle.

·
105 Posts
Well, hip hip hooray! I just locked my order. This was originally placed at the end of June for a 2022. Converted at the beginning of August to a 2023, locked today (although the message was waiting from yesterday, so I would be a 9/19 person). Maybe I'll have a new car for Christmas. Wouldn't that be exciting?

View attachment 15438
I have the same locked car, including color, and the same delivery date.

·
1,215 Posts
is anyone reservation moved past lock (03) especially on the RWD trim ?
No, they pre-built a bunch of AWDs. I believe the RWD production is just beginning.

Dave

·
159 Posts
I'm AWD Pro too! . . . and also unlocked :mad:

I haven't heard of any AWD Pro orders locking (the extension shows a hand full, but I think it's been reporting those for a while, they're not recent locks).

When all the AWD Pro S orders started locking this week and nothing for the AWD Pro orders, I thought it might be the roof too, but I think the first batch of locks that went out late last week were all RWD Pro orders (no glass roof), so they're obviously building cars without the glass roof, so who knows what is going on.

As a relatively newcomer to this whole process (ordered mid-August), the way this works is bonkers. It's all a big game. If you guess the right trim and colors and options and dealership, you can lock in less than a week! If you get any part wrong, good luck. Seems stupid, but the best move is to order up to the limit (5 I think?) in various trims and across multiple dealers to give yourself the best chance of hitting a winning combo. I wish I would have realized that back in August. Now it's too late, so I'm just riding it out and hoping for a miracle.
The way I see it, I'd be happy that no one in my configuration has locked. I'd be more upset if people in my configuration has locked, but not me. If no one have, it just means they haven't gotten to sending those emails out just yet, but will.

Reactions: AlexWA

·
23 Posts
is anyone reservation moved past lock (03) especially on the RWD trim ?
Not for me. I have a 2022 RWD ProS that's still at 03 with a to/from delivery date of October/November. I'm holding out hope that it switches to a 2023. Just in case it doesn't, I've got a 2023 RWD ProS that I reserved a month ago that still hasn't locked.

·
148 Posts
Not for me. I have a 2022 RWD ProS that's still at 03 with a to/from delivery date of October/November. I'm holding out hope that it switches to a 2023. Just in case it doesn't, I've got a 2023 RWD ProS that I reserved a month ago that still hasn't locked.
This sucks, but it’s nice to know I’m not the only one having to deal with this. I’m in the exact same boat as you. I just don’t understand this. I reserved the 2023 on august 6 and people who reserved 3 weeks after me got locked already.

·
414 Posts
I reserved July 25 and converted/locked Aug 5 for MY2023.
So what kind of voodoo magic do I need to do to get locked here - looks like everyone is getting locked left and right. Maybe one more reservation is the charm. Maybe one for each color? Lol!

·
29 Posts
The way I see it, I'd be happy that no one in my configuration has locked. I'd be more upset if people in my configuration has locked, but not me. If no one have, it just means they haven't gotten to sending those emails out just yet, but will.
That's a good point. Maybe the AWD Pro locks will come in a wave next week.
Who is confident the deliveries will be in the same order as the locks anyway?! ;)

·
78 Posts
My '23 AWD Pro S just got moved to Step 4/7, but the interesting thing is the page says the car is "is making its way across the Atlantic..." Isn't it built in Tennessee??
At this point anything can happen. VW is such a company and run by monkey corporate (atleast in US). Time to time VW demonstrated that US is their least preference or they dont care

Early adapters still with 2.1 version
22's waited many months in Ports and 23's are getting locked and deliveries could be in last quarter while 22's picked the momentum and getting delivered to dealerships.. what a mess

·
128 Posts
I almost panicked. Got an email from VW this morning telling me that I needed to lock my vehicle and pay $400 or lose my place in line. I locked it over a week ago, so WTF? I logged in, and it definitely says that my vehicle is locked and that no changes can be made at this time.

Phew! Can't even get email notifications right. Come on, VW ;) :)

• Wow
Reactions: Mrau

·
10 Posts
I almost panicked. Got an email from VW this morning telling me that I needed to lock my vehicle and pay $400 or lose my place in line. I locked it over a week ago, so WTF? I logged in, and it definitely says that my vehicle is locked and that no changes can be made at this time.

They're a sh*tshow. Awesome vehicles, horrible PR and customer relations.

·
283 Posts

VW may not be perfect, but they're miles ahead of Hyundai. In 2021, I reserved an IONIQ 5. Communications was almost non-existent, the assigned dealer had no knowledge about my "reservation", and now Hyundai is taking more than a month to refund my $100 deposit after I gave up on getting one without a $2,500 markup. Not a refund to my credit card, but a gift card, because their credit card processor won't allow a direct refund after one year.

401 - 420 of 624 Posts