Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sounds like we are getting close to actually placing our orders. Just curious as to what price you are expecting to pay since each dealer sets pricing on the purchase. I have been told by my dealer that the price will be MSRP plus tax and doc fees. No additional dealer add-ons, but I'm not expecting a discount either. How about you?

Proud FE owner
MSRP. Dealer will accept no less. A salesperson would buy it the moment I walked off the lot.

Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would be surprised if anyone replied under MSRP, but you don't know unless you ask the question.

I asked my dealer about whether ID.4 will be eligible for "VW Partner Program" ($500 below invoice). My employer is a member. The dealer told me he/she has forwarded my question to VWOA.

I would bet no one is paying under MSRP until they have cars sitting on lot. I don鈥檛 anticipate that happening for at least a year.

I asked my dealer about whether ID.4 will be eligible for "VW Partner Program" ($500 below invoice). My employer is a member. The dealer told me he/she has forwarded my question to VWOA.
I have a similar question pending an answer, but I鈥檓 assuming it will not be eligible. Similar to other brands on their new or special models. To which I鈥檓 going to ask for an extra 500 on trade in instead. I鈥檝e got some negative equity there they can make money off of.

Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I called VWOA in late September and was told that the ID.4 will NOT qualify for the VW Partner Program. Any money you get off will be as a result of your negotiating talents.

I wonder if we may be able to negotiate the price by switching dealerships ahead of delivery..

I have a similar question pending an answer, but I鈥檓 assuming it will not be eligible. Similar to other brands on their new or special models.
Ford offers X Plan on Mustang Mach E. That is a new model, and appears to have higher demand than ID.4 in US.

I called VWOA in late September and was told that the ID.4 will NOT qualify for the VW Partner Program. Any money you get off will be as a result of your negotiating talents.
Thank you for sharing this! It's good to know.

I bet there will be some deliveries that don't happen after the car is shipped to the dealer for whatever reason. It will be interesting what those sell for compared to MSRP.

The sales guy from the dealership I chose in Denver just reached out. He thinks that VW is going to push dealers to standardize on MSRP. He offered up that the trade in would have more flexibility in that circumstance. I will be trading in so that is a place to end run around any uniform policy.

Reserved: Dusk Blue Metallic '21 ID4 Pro AWD Statement
The sales guy from the dealership I chose in Denver just reached out. He thinks that VW is going to push dealers to standardize on MSRP. He offered up that the trade in would have more flexibility in that circumstance. I will be trading in so that is a place to end run around any uniform policy.
Who did you choose as a dealer if I can ask?

Reserved: Dusk Blue Metallic '21 ID4 Pro AWD Statement
Tynans on Havana
I chose the same dealer and got my update call yesterday too. I was going to choose MacDonald but I have had issues with previous VW purchases from them in the past.

I'm fully expecting to pay MSRP as there is only 1 VW dealer in Fresno selling the ID4. The closest VW dealer to me isn't even an option to pick-up up the car from.

However, I have messaged a few high-volume dealers in Los Angeles to let me know how much they are going to sell the car for as I'll go through them if it's less. I recently got my wife a CR-V from a dealer in Los Angeles for over $1,000 less than any dealer in the area (Madera to Bakersfield) would be willing to go so I made the trip down.

ID.4 ProS Gradient Dusk Blue Somewhere on the Gulf?
I'm fully expecting to pay MSRP as there is only 1 VW dealer in Fresno selling the ID4. The closest VW dealer to me isn't even an option to pick-up up the car from.

However, I have messaged a few high-volume dealers in Los Angeles to let me know how much they are going to sell the car for as I'll go through them if it's less. I recently got my wife a CR-V from a dealer in Los Angeles for over $1,000 less than any dealer in the area (Madera to Bakersfield) would be willing to go so I made the trip down.
Which Dealers? and have you heard back?

Which Dealers? and have you heard back?
Just the usual "we'll let you know." I reached out to Santa Monica, Downtown LA and Galpin. Galpin is where I got my wife's Honda so hoping they have some sort of discount. They also all need to compete against each other for business since there are so many dealers in the area. I don't think the one in Fresno is gonna budge on anything.

ID.4 ProS Gradient Dusk Blue Somewhere on the Gulf?
Just the usual "we'll let you know." I reached out to Santa Monica, Downtown LA and Galpin. Galpin is where I got my wife's Honda so hoping they have some sort of discount. They also all need to compete against each other for business since there are so many dealers in the area. I don't think the one in Fresno is gonna budge on anything.
Galpin is my closest dealer, so by default I selected them for my dealer in the reservation. I have no real experience with them at the moment, but hope they are not jerks.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts