Volkswagen ID Forum banner
21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thank you for the responses.

I think what you will see a lot of, on auto forums - is folks showing up with issues, or questions. Not so much, just to post "Everything is great here! Love it!"
@JDoo - That's what I was thinking so I figure I would ask to see if there were positive views too.

So which column do you put me and my ID.4 in?
@Nai3t - I would place you in the "Just enjoying the car" column, occasionally jumping over the other column, but quickly coming back after realizing how much you like the car. Thanks for the comprehensive answer.

I am finally picking up mine this Saturday and feel more confident reading this thread. Too much reading into the forum sometimes gets scary; but, it's invaluable as I feel more prepared for any "hiccups" or -God forbid- any issues I might experience with the car. Hopefully, in the future, after some miles in, I'd come back and add an answer to this thread myself.

Thank you.

·
28 Posts
My first car was 18xxx; it's still dead at the dealership (4K miles it's been there since the middle of June). My replacement is 22xxx and I'm not going to jinx anything, it has definitely not been bug free, but the only thing I've seen thus far was an error with the rear parking sensors. I think I may have been backed in too close to the garage, but I'm not sure. It cleared itself after I arrived at my destination.

·
4 Posts
I just took delivery of my Pro S last week. I love the car so far but I am having an issue. I noticed that Car Net stopped updating after about 3 days. I then noticed that the indicator for 4G LTE disappeared on the infotainment screen. Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a procedure to startup LTE?

Thanks

·
Blue ID.4 1st Edition
131 Posts
We've had our FE for almost four months and just over 5,000 miles, and have had no issues.

·
66 Posts
Had my Pro S for 3+ weeks now, 1100 miles on it. The car seems very solid and it’s generally a blast to drive. I use Sport mode exclusively and with the hot summer, plenty of A/C. I’m impressed with the range so far but that will change in winter. I’m not doing anything “eco” in my driving style.

Notwithstanding some software annoyances, I love the car. Now that I’ve been able to get LKA to default to disabled, I love it even more. :)

No regrets here.

edited to change LTA to LKA. It's starting to sink in. ;)

·
Dusk Blue ID.4 FE, 2X - 2004 Phaeton V8
430 Posts
Almost 6000 miles in 2.5 months with about half of those being road trips and besides for the ID.4 normal little things no issues. Solid driving car and very happy and even happier as I see gas prices climbing!

Reactions: Huey52

·
1 Posts
Only issue I've had is that the SOS module appears to have died, so VW will have to replace that, but it doesn't interfere with the operation of the vehicle, so call me very happy.

·
VW ID.4 1st Max | Mangan Gray
191 Posts
almost 9000 miles...

Hardware wise... not really.. start and go the last 7 months. really solid and love it. Really really a decent car, it may not be the fastest or quickest charging, but all around for the price point its decent.

Software wise..
Sometimes in HEAVY rain, travelassist/lane assist wont work.. duh sensor cant see
sometimes a sensor impairment [rear/side], fixes itself in 15min.
sometimes audio glitches becaus of Android auto.

thats it? not really.. much.

·
2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
67 Posts
I'm coming up on 700 miles and a month of ownership and the only issues I've had are
  • Charging at EA randomly stopped a few times one day. Can't replicate nor have I seen it since.
  • Image on infotainment sometimes gets inverted but restarting fixes this (software bug I'm expecting to be fixed with the pending update).
  • All other issues were pilot error. Being the brick that I am, I haven't read most of the manual and discover new things every day from postings here.

·
VW ID.4 Pro Glacier White Metallic
43 Posts
2 weeks of ownership and about 850 miles so far. No major issues on my ID.4 Pro.

Only started to have "Travel Assist unavailable" warning messages about two days ago (first time on Saturday from short commute; occurred again on Sunday on a short commute...), which disables ACC... But after a "deep sleep" cycle, it resets itself.

·
33 Posts
I have about 4K miles on my car (actually sitting right now at VW for the double check since it is about 2 months old). The only mechanical problem I have is that once in awhile is that I can't get the door to lock by pressing on the little diamond on the front door handle. I usually just have to reopen the door and shut it, try again and it works. I have seen some messages displayed which I don't get why I am seeing them. Sometimes the car tells me I need to turn the lights off when I am in park and leaving even though I have them in auto and they turn off by themselves when I leave the car. Occasionally when using AAC and travel assist it will tell me to take over driving even though I already have my hand on the wheel. Other than that, it is working as designed.

·
Happy owner of a blue ID.4 FE
701 Posts
The only mechanical problem I have is that once in awhile is that I can't get the door to lock by pressing on the little diamond on the front door handle. I usually just have to reopen the door and shut it, try again and it works.
Someone posted months ago that they brush the back of their hand over the area. I switched to that practice, and it is super reliable without any pressure or second tries at all.

·
25 Posts
Someone posted months ago that they brush the back of their hand over the area. I switched to that practice, and it is super reliable without any pressure or second tries at all.
Callouses on my thumbs seem to affect the function of capacitance switches in general.

·
VW ID.4 Pro S
37 Posts
Like nothing to complain about. Just enjoying the car. No screen freezing, no bunch of errors in the screen that clear after a reboot, no inability to move the car from park, no mechanical issues, etc. Anyone experiencing a car that "just works?"

Not talking about things you would like to be different/better, just a "no glitches" experience.

Thanks!
So far, at 3500 miles now, my ID.4 Pro S has had no serious or overwhelmingly annoying issues.

If the CarPlay stability can be improved just slightly via an OTA update, it would be a cherry on top at this point.

Electrify America here in the Dallas and Fort Worth area, so far, has been flawless for me over five (5) charging sessions.

I am taking a 2-1/2 hour trip to Gilmer, Texas this weekend (the first big trip) which will take me through an Electrify America station that I have not tried before - so that will be interesting.

Sincerely,

Adam J. Cook

·
6 Posts
Pro S with 1000 miles in 2 months. Love the ID.4. No issues beyond one need to reboot the infotainment after the first car wash, and fine ever since.

There is free level 2 charging all around me and Electrify America is 11 miles away, so driving for free. Love it!

·
69 Posts
2K miles on my FE and no real issues to speak of. I’m still pleased with the purchase.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts