Volkswagen ID Forum banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Super Moderator
471 Posts
There is a thread about this, I thought no one had been able to disable it permanently?

I haven't had any issues with it beyond minor annoyance but I'm curious.
See this thread:

·
48 Posts
See this thread:
Thanks I missed the key part. Possible to disable with VCDS but sounds like you need a beta version or wait for the next version.
Looks like I need to upgrade my VCDS cable then, I'm anticipating many customizations will be possible.

·
48 Posts
Back on topic, no big errors or showstopper issues here. I have a few complaints like the usb chargers aren't the fast type, system takes too long to boot up, and I want the seat setting tied to a keyfob.

·
2021 ID.4 Pro S Gradient (currently waiting for arrival at dealer)
20 Posts
It seems I am the rookie at the moment. I'm on day 3 with my ID.4 and all issues I have had were due to operator error. I have since looked up in the manual the solutions needed and all is great. 250 miles on the clock so far, but another 125 or so will be added today. My first EA charge went perfectly. 43 kwh added in 31 minutes from 35 to 84%. I will admit I was sitting inside with the a/c on during the charge. It was darn hot on the concrete that day.

·
67 Posts
Adding the EA “card” to Apple Wallet and then authorize to EA via NFC tap/wave from Apple Watch.
Thanks.
I use the “wave” also but not sure where to wave😁
In front of the NFC symbol? Or credit card reader?
I feel really stupid moving my Watch all over the EA station.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
1,549 Posts
Yes, the NFC.
Not the credit card reader.
Same for iPhone, as you would expect.
Thanks.
I use the “wave” also but not sure where to wave😁
In front of the NFC symbol? Or credit card reader?
I feel really stupid moving my Watch all over the EA station.

·
9 Posts
Over 3K miles on our Pro S, no issues at all except the screen freezing twice. Roadtrip from Seattle to Sonoma and back went without problems.

·
6 Posts
Like nothing to complain about. Just enjoying the car. No screen freezing, no bunch of errors in the screen that clear after a reboot, no inability to move the car from park, no mechanical issues, etc. Anyone experiencing a car that "just works?"

Not talking about things you would like to be different/better, just a "no glitches" experience.

Thanks!
Like nothing to complain about. Just enjoying the car. No screen freezing, no bunch of errors in the screen that clear after a reboot, no inability to move the car from park, no mechanical issues, etc. Anyone experiencing a car that "just works?"

Not talking about things you would like to be different/better, just a "no glitches" experience.

Thanks!
Just the Car Net. It's unreliable when in my garage. Will not charge on schedule so i just deleted the location based schedule and did my scheduling on my smart EVSE. Other than that, we are enjoying it. Just did 1000 miles and we only charge $17.78 of electricity. Love it.

·
6 Posts

Thanks!
And we are lucky. I'm also a member of Mach E club because when i was choosing between this and the Mach E I joined the club first so I could see what's going on. Guys who ordered Mach E's in March still have no production schedule. Those who have it already have "drivetrain" malfunction issues. Lucky to have chosen ID.4 !

·
30 Posts
I've given up on the phone tap and just initiate the charge through the EA app. I've had so little success getting tap to work reliably.
The phone tap used to work perfectly for me almost every time. After July 4th weekend when EA offered free charging to everyone, things started working poorly with the phone tap. A few times, I've had to use the app, but the last time I charged around a week ago, the tap worked perfectly and instantly. Just like we need to report everything that happens in our cars to VW, I've gotten into the habit of calling EA every time I have a charging issue so they are aware. I love how the phone tapping works and hope it continues to work as it did for me until July 4th.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts