Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Blue ID.4 1st Edition
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The site this article takes its data from has been around for a while, but it is interesting to see that it now includes new vehicles like the ID.4 and the Mach-e:

You have to go to Carboncounter.com | Cars evaluated against climate targets to explore the underlying data, but it is interesting to see where the ID.4 lands. It's a little worse both in terms of cost and environmental impact than my Leaf+, but that's not exactly a surprise since it is a larger car with a larger battery. For cost, it really does line up almost perfectly with the VW Tiguan, which is in line with what VW has pushed in their marketing.

·
2021 RWD Pro S, Galaxy White Metallic
95 Posts
I know the EV community loves to hate Toyota, but look at the lifecycle impact of a Prius. Sure it has been lapped by the BEVs, and some hybrids, but you gotta respect how many of those things are on the road and how much they have reduced emissions over time. I love my ID4 for lots of reasons that have nothing to with lowering carbon, but I am still a big fan of getting as many people as possible into a plug in or even traditional hybrid until the full EV lifestyle makes sense for more people.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts