Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I love the car. I have a 2021 pro s rear wheel drive. I was going to say I had no problems until the other day the upper center part of the lumber support is on full hard and cannot be adjusted. I could adjust the bottom of the lumber support, the back button on this adjustment does not work and during the massage the top does not move it is in the stuck position. Since the car has more than 70,000 mi on it even though it's only one year old there's no warranty. I've just been fired from my job so unfortunately I have to live with it.. Happy. So I guess everybody could get ready for their seats to start breaking. I haven't paid the dealer $180 to tell me what's wrong yet and how much it will cost to fix it.

·
ID.4 1st Edition & Pro/S
505 Posts
Can you post a video so we can see this in action?
I think that is the point, there is NO action. The lumbar is stuck in an unfortunate position and the switches do not work.

·
1,526 Posts
First, sorry to hear about your job. Hope you find something soon! Second, that sounds annoying - the lumbar support is one of the big reasons I paid to upgrade to the S instead of getting the regular Pro. I believe these are not a physical lumbar support that moves around, and instead it is a series of air bladders. I suppose a decent auto upholstery shop could disassemble the seat and it may be a simple part - a stuck valve or something. It's possible the part itself could be surprisingly affordable, or even something that could be fixed instead of replaced... the trick will be finding someone who is good and can do the work. There's a shop near me in NJ (Everest in Linden, NJ) that would probably be able to do it for you easily, but the odds are you don't leave in NJ so you may want to attend a local classic car show and ask around - those guys often have upholstery work done in their cars. Good luck!

·
109 Posts
Why is there no warranty on it ? It is not a brake pad or tire which has wear and tear. This seems like a warranty case, no ?

·
2022 ID.4 Pro S AWD (Dusk Blue on Lunar Grey)
123 Posts
If what @d287 doesn't work out (upholstery shop), maybe an independent mechanic would be an option. They're more likely to help out with "alternate" parts sources than a dealer. We've had pretty good luck with recommendations from NextDoor.- with a little extra research on BBB, Google, etc.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
5,074 Posts
70K miles in one year? WOW!!!! 🤯 I think you're the record holder (I'm likely the holder on the other end of the spectrum). Hopefully most of that was EA free DCFC.

All the best in getting this situation rectified and also in your new job search.

·
ID.4 1st Edition & Pro/S
505 Posts
So you are against a video of the problem? Strange.
😂Haha! No, not against a video….but a video showing that something is not happening/moving? 🤔 🤣

Reactions: plh

·
1,756 Posts
A picture is worth a thousand words…or in the case of active malfunctions, a video. But I know FB and the like of today are the places where “first hand accounts” are the same as verifiable facts. It’s a generational thing. But everyone please carry on carrying on!

·
581 Posts
So in your mind there is no such thing as proof? Got it! How is believing everything you hear with no proof working for you?
Why would I require proof for this specific issue? The claim is not outrageous in itself (he's not claiming to have software 3.2, for example). There's no scam to be made here.

I can't imagine a reason to lie about something like that, and true or not, exactly one (1) post about the seat breaking is not going to affect me or my decisions in any way.

Are you demanding that everyone who claims to own an ID.4 to post their registration? How can you trust anything they say without proof?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts