Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No surprise at all Autogefühl will be posting a "first look video" at 1:15 pm EDT today.

·
ID.4 FE
88 Posts
I'm surprised they're providing such direct competition for the ID4. They mentioned it would be under 45k for the base model Q4, so same price as ID4 Pro S with essentially the same features less the glass roof.

·
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I'm surprised they're providing such direct competition for the ID4. They mentioned it would be under 45k for the base model Q4, so same price as ID4 Pro S with essentially the same features less the glass roof.
Would that be for the Q4 35 version? The smaller battery version of the ID.4 starting next year will be $35,000. That makes me think that the Q4 50 with base trim is going to be $7-10K more than the ID.4 Pro AWD.

Edit: Roadshow says that there are (3) versions coming to the US Q4 40, Q4 50 and the Q4 50 Sportback. I really wished that Audi did what VW did and provide concrete pricing on the trim levels from day one of the reveal.

·
ID.4 ProS Gradient Dusk Blue waiting in North Hills?
461 Posts
Are you doing the rough price conversion from Euro's or is that quoted price?

·
ID.4 1st Edition
169 Posts
At first blush, the ID.4 still looks like the better car...despite the Audi name.

·
267 Posts
I am too that pricing overlaps so much. I figured $50k starting price.

·
ID.4 ProS Gradient Dusk Blue waiting in North Hills?
461 Posts
Here's my quick take, I know you've been waiting on bated breath. I like the interior of the Q4 better, I'm not sure a whole lot better, but better for sure. I like the Id.4 exterior a whole lot better than the Q4, though; like a lot better.

·
62 Posts
My quick take after watching the linked walk-around is that this Audi will definitely complicate by choice for AWD ID.4, especially if it leases better than the VW.

Much prefer more traditional interior of Audi. Regardless of trim level, you're getting:
  • screen integrated into dash is my preference over hovering above dash
  • air vents in proper location
  • 4 buttons for each window operation
  • driver's side door storage pocket
  • better materials
  • dedicated climate buttons
  • paddles for adjusting regen and three regen levels
The only thing about the VW interior that I can think I will prefer is the VW's BMW i3 drive selector and possibly less piano black trim (there appears to be A LOT in Audi)

Exterior: I'm neutral, like some angles of the Audi more, some angles of VW more. Looking forward to better color options in the Audi. Overall, I'd rather be seen in a VW as I guess I'm self-conscious about 'image' I sometimes associate with the luxury brands.

·
77 Posts
The Q4 e-tron is a pretty compelling offering for me. Really dig the shape, styling, and interior finishes.

I hold an AWD Pro w/ Gradient reservation, but may jump for the Audi depending on price and availability.

·
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Q4 e-tron is a pretty compelling offering for me. Really dig the shape, styling, and interior finishes.

I hold an AWD Pro w/ Gradient reservation, but may jump for the Audi depending on price and availability.
It seems to me that the Q4 will not be available in AWD until next year.

Audi USA had stated on their website “*Rear-wheel drive will be available late 2021”

Just hope by the time the ID.4 AWD is available final pricing info on the Q4 will be revealed.

I know VW online ordering process hasn’t been that great but at least on day 1, we knew the price of the different ID.4 being sold.

·
267 Posts
Interesting detail that the power spec for AWD is lower. ID.4 is listed at 302 hp and the Q4 50 e-tron Quattro (that’s a mouthful of a name) is listed at 295 hp.

Reactions: theboomr

·
77 Posts
It seems to me that the Q4 will not be available in AWD until next year.

Audi USA had stated on their website “*Rear-wheel drive will be available late 2021”
I actually took the statement that RWD will be available late 2021 to mean that AWD would be available before the RWD version. That’s my hope anyway. My local dealer (Audi Denver) said they expect first deliveries in September, but it’s unclear which version. Hoping it’s the AWD.

·
77 Posts
Interesting details/confirmations from Audi USA’s media site:
  • Four (unspecified) exterior colors available;
  • Exterior and interior size similar to Q5;
  • Staggered tires;
  • Available heat pump;
  • Available HUD w/ AR;
  • Available Sonos sound system;
  • 250 EPA range target;
  • Target starting price under $45k; and
  • Arriving “toward the end of 2021”.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
1,571 Posts
Not many are going to go for a bone stock $45k Q4 however. Dealerships will order a few just to have that price point available to pull in perspectives who will then mostly upsell. Glancing at this short option list there are at least a couple I would want so 'Premium Plus' would as usual be my preference and hence greater cost.

Interesting details/confirmations from Audi USA’s media site:
  • Four (unspecified) exterior colors available;
  • Exterior and interior size similar to Q5;
  • Staggered tires;
  • Available heat pump;
  • Available HUD w/ AR;
  • Available Sonos sound system;
  • 250 EPA range target;
  • Target starting price under $45k; and
  • Arriving “toward the end of 2021”.

·
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I actually took the statement that RWD will be available late 2021 to mean that AWD would be available before the RWD version. That’s my hope anyway. My local dealer (Audi Denver) said they expect first deliveries in September, but it’s unclear which version. Hoping it’s the AWD.
My local dealer (West of Boston) said last week that they would be getting 8 in November. With the specs not fully shown I wonder how much real info they know over us. Still think AWD is next year maybe a slight chance of a few customers getting one this year.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts