Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to warm up my ID4 before a drive. (we had 2 inches of snow yesterday!) I have enable the function from the Infotainment System, set temp to 70, turned on warm seats.
I tried both- Unlocking car 30 minutes before I leave and a second time by setting "time to leave" in the menu. Both result in a notification that says Auxiliary climate control not available - Please service vehicle. I just got the car on Saturday. I am also waiting on VW tech support to help activate Car Net. Any ideas?

·
98 Posts
Probably not helpful but I have seen that option in hybrid cars for using the ICE to heat the cabin before a departure. Not sure what it would mean in the ID.4. Maybe as a way to heat the cabin with power from a plugged in EVSE rather than battery? I am spitballing.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
1,584 Posts
I think it may be related to your Car-Net being offline. It took 4 days for them to reactivate mine. Wait for it ... and then see if you still have issues.

I am trying to warm up my ID4 before a drive. (we had 2 inches of snow yesterday!) I have enable the function from the Infotainment System, set temp to 70, turned on warm seats.
I tried both- Unlocking car 30 minutes before I leave and a second time by setting "time to leave" in the menu. Both result in a notification that says Auxiliary climate control not available - Please service vehicle. I just got the car on Saturday. I am also waiting on VW tech support to help activate Car Net. Any ideas?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts