Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How is everyone's average consumption so far? I am at 3mi/kwh after 260 miles. This is about 60/40 city/freeway (around 75mph fwy). I live in a hilly area with temperatures ranging from 50f to 80f. I alternate between comfort and sport mode.

At 60/40 highway/city (my commute is turnpike-style highway, half US-1 in NJ), I'm right at 3 mi/kwh. It seems like everyone is right at this number with most mixed driving patterns.

How fast is everyone driving on the highway? I was really hoping that the ID.4 RWD was going to get 3.5 mi/kWh+ in mixed driving. Getting the AWD which will be even lower.

How fast is everyone driving on the highway? I was really hoping that the ID.4 RWD was going to get 3.5 mi/kWh+ in mixed driving. Getting the AWD which will be even lower.
EVs actually do better in city driving than they do on the highway. A little backwards coming from an ICE but thats how it is.

ID.4 1st Edition - del 3/18/21

PA temps have been between 35-65F over the past few weeks. 60% local and 40% highway so far.

Proud FE owner
I'm at 3.2 with about 60/40 city to freeway driving. I've had several occasions where I sat idle with A/C running while waiting for my daughter more 30 mins+ at a time. I mostly drive in ECO/B mode.

Reactions: egsell

2.9 for me with mostly freeway driving and naps in my car on work breaks with radio and climate still running

It refers to the efficiency. Battery is 77 kWh, so at 3 miles per kWh it is 230 miles as said above. You may also see people talk in Wh/ mile. So for example 300 Wh/mile equates to 3.3 miles/kWh (1/.3).

It refers to the efficiency. Battery is 77 kWh, so at 3 miles per kWh it is 230 miles as said above. You may also see people talk in Wh/ mile. So for example 300 Wh/mile equates to 3.3 miles/kWh (1/.3).
Thanks for the info, I now understand.

Does EV efficiency tend to have a "break in period" like a gasser due to mechanical factors? I think this is mostly driven by the engine break-in in ICE vehicles, but I assume there's some improvement as as tires, bearings/moving parts get some miles on them? or does efficiency stay fairly fixed in EV (not counting software updates) ?

Also what's tesla model Y dual motor real world efficiency in miles / kw? I was seeing around 4

ID.4 Pro S AWD / Waiting, waiting, waiting
Does EV efficiency tend to have a "break in period" like a gasser due to mechanical factors? I think this is mostly driven by the engine break-in in ICE vehicles, but I assume there's some improvement as as tires, bearings/moving parts get some miles on them? or does efficiency stay fairly fixed in EV (not counting software updates) ?

Also what's tesla model Y dual motor real world efficiency in miles / kw? I was seeing around 4
EVs don't have a break in period, however, "EV drivers" do! I feel as you start driving an EV more, you start learning the nuances for improving efficiency and over time your efficiency will improve.

Reactions: egsell and ericy
1 - 20 of 32 Posts