Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Pro S w/Gradient AWD
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone heard when they may start AWD production of the US models? I know delivery is set for Sept - Dec but maybe some more hope.

·
176 Posts
Anyone heard when they may start AWD production of the US models? I know delivery is set for Sept - Dec but maybe some more hope.
No word yet. With the Q4 now in production, we have all been hoping to hear something, but not yet. Hopefully the GTX announcement means that production will start soon.

Reactions: bjhegstad

·
1 Posts
If you are in the U.S. and ordered an AWD, have you been prompted for the $400 payment yet? I placed my reservation any 2 months and have not been prompted yet.

·
176 Posts
If you are in the U.S. and ordered an AWD, have you been prompted for the $400 payment yet? I placed my reservation any 2 months and have not been prompted yet.
Yes, some of us who made early reservations locked in a couple of months ago and were rewarded with emails the following week stating that production was delayed. 🙄😞

·
207 Posts
Yes, some of us who made early reservations locked in a couple of months ago and were rewarded with emails the following week stating that production was delayed. 🙄😞
I still haven’t received that email. I would rather like to know than be hopeful. I am currently banking on the 4th quarter delivery.

·
4 Posts
I still haven’t received that email. I would rather like to know than be hopeful. I am currently banking on the 4th quarter delivery.
I am also in that boat. Though I've seen some people say late summer is possible too. Not getting my hopes up for that though.

·
176 Posts
Yea, I won’t feel comfortable about 4th quarter until someone moves to the “Leaving the factory” status. No reason to think otherwise with chip shortages and what not.

Reactions: MCheiron

·
11 Posts
I am in the same boat as you. I ordered my Pro S AWD in March and just like you nothing in terms of locking in the order. My sense is that we are really looking at October to November for delivery. I have heard they are starting up a 3rd shift which should help them start to reach full production but that can also be a problem. I worked in the auto industry for many years and have been inside most domestic and Japanese plants here in the US and Japan. Starting up a third shift always brings on more quality issues, however VW may be shifting some of the workers who are currently furloughed due to chip problems and them shutting down several plants. So just like you I would like a firm date but that seems to be several months off still

·
340 Posts
I reserved a Pro-S AWD on 4/13 and status is still on step 1.

·
2021 1st
815 Posts
I put my AWD order in almost a month ago and had a projected date of between Oct-Nov. I scored a FE and have since cancelled my AWD so I can't check any updated status.

·
49 Posts
I ordered my AWD Pro statement in September and paid the extra $400 to lock in March just to have VW announce the delay after taking the additional funds when they clearly are NOT in production. Very bad customer experience.

·
176 Posts
I am in the same boat as you. I ordered my Pro S AWD in March and just like you nothing in terms of locking in the order. My sense is that we are really looking at October to November for delivery. I have heard they are starting up a 3rd shift which should help them start to reach full production but that can also be a problem. I worked in the auto industry for many years and have been inside most domestic and Japanese plants here in the US and Japan. Starting up a third shift always brings on more quality issues, however VW may be shifting some of the workers who are currently furloughed due to chip problems and them shutting down several plants. So just like you I would like a firm date but that seems to be several months off still
I think that only the early AWD orders got locked in. I reserved on day one. The latest reservation I’ve seen for someone that paid the $400 and got the delay letter was late October or early November. I don’t think that anyone who reserved AWD in 2021 is getting their car this year, unless there are a lot of cancellations.

·
340 Posts
I put down my $100 for an AWD Pro S this past weekend. I believe I saw a note somewhere predicting Oct - Dec.
That's on the vehicle build page inside the AWD option box: Available Starting Oct-Dec 2021

·
49 Posts
Looking at the VW portal today, the estimated pickup date for my ID.4 AWD Pro S (Statement with Gradient package) has been updated to September 2021. The first update I've seen on the portal since getting the email in March telling me it was delayed till Oct-Dec 2021.

·
340 Posts
Looking at the VW portal today, the estimated pickup date for my ID.4 AWD Pro S (Statement with Gradient package) has been updated to September 2021. The first update I've seen on the portal since getting the email in March telling me it was delayed till Oct-Dec 2021.
Did you reserve in November 2020?

·
4 Posts
Same here. Reserved 9/24/20 Put the additional $400 deposit on 3/17.

Note on that September delivery note:
This date is an estimation and is subject to change.

1 - 20 of 174 Posts