Volkswagen ID Forum banner
201 - 220 of 234 Posts

·
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S
11 Posts
It appears we are in the same boat. Locked my order on 21 June and moved to 15-1 on 11 Sept, and here we are a month later and no change. Other than the delivery date changing to Nov-Dec now.
My date moved to Dec-Jan last week from Sept-Oct Looks like a 3 month shift...

·
Pro S w/Gradient AWD
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #203 ·
I am now thinking that we might get our cars in January now. If we don’t move to 15-2 in the next week I don’t see how we get the cars by the end of December. Our cars will be 2021 models but I don’t see any other out come given the shipping times of 7 to 9 weeks after leaving the plant. What do you think.
I agree. I wish VW would communicate with us. Not pleased about getting a 2021 model in 2022. I assume at some point they will shut down production on the 2021 models and start the 2022 models. Can’t believe they would just keep the production line going on 2021 models just to fill orders.

·
38 Posts
I agree. I wish VW would communicate with us. Not pleased about getting a 2021 model in 2022. I assume at some point they will shut down production on the 2021 models and start the 2022 models. Can’t believe they would just keep the production line going on 2021 models just to fill orders.
I agree about wanting a 2022 instead of a 2021 this late in the calendar year. Our order is still in status 03 even though it says December/January delivery. I’ve called/texted my dealer but have gotten no response because they told me it was in production on 10/2.

·
3 Posts
Wondering if they will build them as 2022 models (don’t think you’re allowed to call it a 2021 model if it’s built in Jan 2022) then shift to 2022.5 models when productions moves to Chattanooga

·
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S w/Gradient - Kings Red
24 Posts
It appears we are in the same boat. Locked my order on 21 June and moved to 15-1 on 11 Sept, and here we are a month later and no change. Other than the delivery date changing to Nov-Dec now.
Locked in on 6/21 too, but still on "10" - switched on 9/9 according to my dealer AND my delivery date was switched to Dec/Jan from Sept/Oct. Pretty frustrated at this point and I feel like VW's lack of communication hasn't helped.

·
5 Posts
Anyone heard when they may start AWD production of the US models? I know delivery is set for Sept - Dec but maybe some more hope.
I reserved a Pro S AWD on October 9. Yesterday, while test driving an ID.4 in Annapolis, MD, the dealer told me that VW told them that July is a possibility for delivery. Very disappointing, if true.

·
Super Moderator
1,089 Posts
Keep checking local dealers for canceled orders. You just might get lucky. That is how I got my FE.

·
5 Posts
Keep checking local dealers for canceled orders. You just might get lucky. That is how I got my FE.
Thanks and good point. In fact the dealer did say I am more likely to get my configuration from an existing car, rather than a new build. Fingers crossed.

·
Pro S w/Gradient AWD
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #210 ·
I agree about wanting a 2022 instead of a 2021 this late in the calendar year. Our order is still in status 03 even though it says December/January delivery. I’ve called/texted my dealer but have gotten no response because they told me it was in production on 10/2.
Are you checking the status using the developer tools?

·
774 Posts
I am now thinking that we might get our cars in January now. If we don’t move to 15-2 in the next week I don’t see how we get the cars by the end of December. Our cars will be 2021 models but I don’t see any other out come given the shipping times of 7 to 9 weeks after leaving the plant. What do you think.
Shipping here to CO is 9-10 weeks, so if mine is not produced in the next week it won't arrive until next year. Not happy about getting a years worth of depreciation (=$8k if they really depreciate 51% in 3 years as VW residuals predict) before I even get the car. The 2022 model production start date is 12-20-21

·
Pro S w/Gradient AWD
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #212 ·
Shipping here to CO is 9-10 weeks, so if mine is not produced in the next week it won't arrive until next year. Not happy about getting a years worth of depreciation (=$8k if they really depreciate 51% in 3 years as VW residuals predict) before I even get the car. The 2022 model production start date is 12-20-21
Where did you get the 2022 production date? That seems a bit late, but I really have no idea.

·
774 Posts

·
774 Posts
I am also not very happy they are not producing them in order of reservation date as VW has said many times. Since there are people who reserved 6 months after I did who already got their AWD cars.

Reactions: jdaytonps54

·
Pro S w/Gradient AWD
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #216 ·
I would think they would need at least a month to retool and resupply the assembly lines. Regardless just disappointed.

·
774 Posts
I would think they would need at least a month to retool and resupply the assembly lines. Regardless just disappointed.
That would be if they change anything besides prices for 2022. So far no changes have been announced, and the GTX AWD 2022 models they are already shipping to EU have no changes other than the 2.3 update that the EU is getting now OTA.

·
17 Posts
Yes. I might be doing something wrong, but I see the line for “orderStatusCode” and it shows “03” with null showing for estimated production date.
I'm in the same boat. Locked on 6/21, still at order status 03, with my date still saying Sep/Oct, which is utterly ridiculous.

·
15 Posts
I did this, too. I picked up a Pro S RWD last week from a dealer out of state. It's RWD and a different color than I wanted, but it should work just fine for me.

I'm asking the local dealer if they want me to keep my reservation in exchange for some accessories and/or future vehicle service. That'll make it a win-win for them... Get my service plus have a unit to sell when it arrives.

·
38 Posts
I'm in the same boat. Locked on 6/21, still at order status 03, with my date still saying Sep/Oct, which is utterly ridiculous.
We locked on 9/27, and my dealer confirmed again today that he is seeing our order showing in the factory, which he stated means that it is starting production. This definitely doesn’t match up with the 03 I’m seeing on the website.

201 - 220 of 234 Posts