Volkswagen ID Forum banner
221 - 234 of 234 Posts

·
17 Posts
That would be if they change anything besides prices for 2022. So far no changes have been announced, and the GTX AWD 2022 models they are already shipping to EU have no changes other than the 2.3 update that the EU is getting now OTA.
Agree, I worked in the Auto industry for a number years as a part supplier to multiple manufacturers and the switch to model year for this car is just the calendar. No changes to the car until it moves production to Tennessee is my belief. Therefore most of us who ordered in Q1 of 2021 will get cars that will still have a 2021 vin but delivered in 2022. I don’t see a way around this given how popular the car is.

·
ID.4 AWD Pro S on order
7 Posts
I am hoping that my 4WD order will end up being a 2022 model because of the press earlier this year that VW intends to have bi-directional charging on all MEB platform cars starting in 2022. I am hoping this will be at least one change for the 2022 ID4.

·
360 Posts
I am hoping that my 4WD order will end up being a 2022 model because of the press earlier this year that VW intends to have bi-directional charging on all MEB platform cars starting in 2022. I am hoping this will be at least one change for the 2022 ID4.
Don't count on bidirectional charging anytime soon. Here is a transcript of a Q&A with VW USA boss from the ID.4 AWD media drive last month.

More Questions for Volkswagen USA
VW made available US CEO Scott Keogh, Product Manager of EVs Jeffrey Lear, and Dustin Krause, former Tesla exec and VW e-Mobility Director, and I got to corner them at the bar ask questions to the 3.
Plug and Charge when?
Jeff: It is high on our priority list but getting the ID.4 and now the AWD ID.4 out the door was obviously our highest priority. We’ve done that and now we’re focusing on the smaller things. We’re even working on Bi-Directional charging in future models but don’t have anything to announce today. We’re also working on that center stack. [There was some ambiguity about if current VW ID.4 models would be able to get bi-directional charging as a software update]

·
ID.4 AWD Pro S on order
7 Posts
Disappointing and “…don’t have anything to announce today.” certainly is ambiguous. So, the heck with it, I paid my $400 today. Let’s hope for the possibility of a software update to give us bi-directional charging.

·
5 Posts
I received my "place order" email a few minutes ago (reserved on 10/09/21). Part of the email says, "If you reserved a rear‑wheel‑drive ID.4, you can expect to receive your vehicle 3 to 4 months from the time you lock your order and place a one‑time, fully‑refundable $400 vehicle deposit*. If you reserved an all‑wheel‑drive ID.4, you can expect to receive your vehicle 6 to 8 months from this time." Looks like April-June '22 for my AWD, if all goes well.

·
ID.4 AWD Pro S, Scale Silver
119 Posts
I received my "place order" email a few minutes ago (reserved on 10/09/21). Part of the email says, "If you reserved a rear‑wheel‑drive ID.4, you can expect to receive your vehicle 3 to 4 months from the time you lock your order and place a one‑time, fully‑refundable $400 vehicle deposit*. If you reserved an all‑wheel‑drive ID.4, you can expect to receive your vehicle 6 to 8 months from this time." Looks like April-June '22 for my AWD, if all goes well.
I wouldn't put a lot of stock in those trim-specific time estimates - it's been the same since day 1 and I don't think they necessarily reflect reality. That said, 3-6 months is likely because there is one factory (Zwickau) building all of the supply for the global market at the moment. Once Chattanooga comes online late next year North American supply should be much better.

·
5 Posts
I wouldn't put a lot of stock in those trim-specific time estimates - it's been the same since day 1 and I don't think they necessarily reflect reality. That said, 3-6 months is likely because there is one factory (Zwickau) building all of the supply for the global market at the moment. Once Chattanooga comes online late next year North American supply should be much better.
Thanks for that, Mike. Fingers crossed.

·
774 Posts
What does 10-2 means? It just changed yesterday for me.
At least yours is updating, mine has not updated and no email in a long time yet my dealer says its in production now.

·
126 Posts
My Pro AWD ID.4 is home (reserved 9/23/20, locked 3/5/21, finished production at the very end of August after 'entering' production in July (factory shutdown intervened), Vin is 57,7xx

Loved ACC on the way home. Initial trip miles/kwh is very encouraging: 19 miles, 4.6 miles/kwh which was 50% 70 mph, 30% wide boulevard without much traffic but frequent stop lights, and 20% bumper to bumper freeway traffic.'

Port of Entry WAS San Diego when WOT suggested I was on Bishu. Guess WOT is just very delayed sometimes.

Initial impressions:
  1. completely agree about the odd degree of fore-aft motion in the suspension that I've seen mentioned many times. You'll feel your head bobbing which is odd. Suspect the skateboard battery and stiff suspension to handle all the weight? I can live with it.
  2. Pedestrian warning is too loud (inside the car) between 10 mph and shut off but I think I can deal
  3. Yup, I'm no audiophile but this stereo is not befitting a 45k car
  4. AWD acceleration is WOW and I'm never going back to a transmission/ICE vehicle
  5. It's not particularly quiet at freeway speed. Just average in my opinion. On the 19'' Hankook's, I'm not getting tire noise, but wind noise around A-pillar and mirrors could be improved. I'll have my dealer check door adjustment at some point
  6. I'm almost positive I'm NOT going to regret by base model choice, but...no lumbar adjustment on the driver's side is a pretty big omission
  7. Screens get hot!
  8. 10'' screen is plenty big
  9. Yup, lane keep assist is going to stay off...looks like I'll be buying VCDS again (shouldn't have sold it after my last VW!)
  10. Once it boots up, infotainment working okay. I was shocked my 3.5 year old OnePlus 6's wireless android auto is working flawlessly
  11. I actually prefer driving in D mode, maybe only because it's what I'm used to?
  12. Brake regen/friction calibration is not great and brake feel in general is not great
If you're interested in lease details in California, I wrote it up HERE

·
Super Moderator
1,089 Posts
My Pro AWD ID.4 is home! Loved ACC on the way home. Initial trip miles/kwh is very encouraging: 19 miles, 4.6 miles/kwh which was 50% 70 mph, 30% wide boulevard without much traffic but frequent stop lights, and 20% bumper to bumper freeway traffic.'

Port of Entry WAS San Diego when WOT suggested I was on Bishu. Guess WOT is just very delayed sometimes.

Initial impressions:
  1. completely agree about the odd degree of fore-aft motion in the suspension that I've seen mentioned many times. You'll feel your head bobbing which is odd. Suspect the skateboard battery and stiff suspension to handle all the weight? I can live with it.
  2. Pedestrian warning is too loud (inside the car) between 10 mph and shut off but I think I can deal
  3. Yup, I'm no audiophile but this stereo is not befitting a 45k car
  4. AWD acceleration is WOW and I'm never going back to a transmission/ICE vehicle
  5. It's not particularly quiet at freeway speed. Just average in my opinion. On the 19'' Hankook's, I'm not getting tire noise, but wind noise around A-pillar and mirrors could be improved. I'll have my dealer check door adjustment at some point
  6. I'm almost positive I'm NOT going to regret by base model choice, but...no lumbar adjustment on the driver's side is a pretty big omission
  7. Screens get hot!
  8. 10'' screen is plenty big
  9. Yup, lane keep assist is going to stay off...looks like I'll be buying VCDS again (shouldn't have sold it after my last VW!)
  10. Once it boots up, infotainment working okay. I was shocked my 3.5 year old OnePlus 6's wireless android auto is working flawlessly
  11. I actually prefer driving in D mode, maybe only because it's what I'm used to?
  12. Brake regen/friction calibration is not great and brake feel in general is not great
If you're interested in lease details in California, I wrote it up HERE
Good luck with it!!

·
ID4 AWD Pro S
2 Posts
Is there something wrong with my reservation? I placed it on 5/21/21 and as of now (10/17/21) I am still waiting for a request to place my order, that is almost 5 months. How long is the average time between placing a reservation ($100.00) and locking your order ($400.00)? I reserved an ID4 AWD Pro S. I live in NH.

·
774 Posts
Is there something wrong with my reservation? I placed it on 5/21/21 and as of now (10/17/21) I am still waiting for a request to place my order, that is almost 5 months. How long is the average time between placing a reservation ($100.00) and locking your order ($400.00)? I reserved an ID4 AWD Pro S. I live in NH.
Something is wrong with this system. The time varies hugely.and I can't see any pattern to when its 2 weeks versus 5 months. Most are locking quickly now. It seems like some dealers have allocations or some trick to the system where they get them both locked and produced much quicker. One person here ordered after you (late May) and already got it. You could place another order today with a bigger dealer and it might lock in 2 weeks. A call to your dealer might give more info.

·
ID4 AWD Pro S
2 Posts
Something is wrong with this system. The time varies hugely.and I can't see any pattern to when its 2 weeks versus 5 months. Most are locking quickly now. It seems like some dealers have allocations or some trick to the system where they get them both locked and produced much quicker. One guy here ordered after you (late May) and already got his. You could place another order today with a bigger dealer and it might lock in 2 weeks. A call to your dealer might give more info.
Thanks SunWizard, I think you are right, my dealer keeps telling me that they cannot do anything to speed up the process, but I am suspecting that they are not very pro EV car and do not give a lot of training to their staff when it comes to the ID4. I think I will follow your advise and place another reservation at a bigger VW dealer in NH.

221 - 234 of 234 Posts