Volkswagen ID Forum banner
141 - 160 of 174 Posts

·
34 Posts
Did any reservation holders go to 20-2 when Cicero left port a couple days ago?

I went to 20-1 a few weeks ago, but my dealer always showed a late October to November delivery to West Coast which seemed long. If my car isn't on Cicero I wonder if this long transit time implies they are holding West Coast cars for a scheduled trans-panama on a later vessel?
I've been thinking there is a good chance of VW batching west coast cars for a later vessel. Most, if not all, of the early AWD progress seemed destined for the eastern US. Just in the past week there seems to have been more progress with cars destined for the west coast. I'm in SoCal, have been at 15-2 for 9 days and got a vin 2 days ago.

·
777 Posts
I'm in SoCal, have been at 15-2 for 9 days and got a vin 2 days ago.
I'm in New England, I have been at 15-2 for 47 days and still no VIN.

·
34 Posts
It appears they have now prioritized AWD Pro S w/ gradient. AWD Pro has definitely been delayed further even though some were produced. AWD Pro S w/o gradient doesn't seem to be directly addressed (unless I missed it) in the recent VW internal correspondence recently posted elsewhere.

·
44 Posts
It appears they have now prioritized AWD Pro S w/ gradient. AWD Pro has definitely been delayed further even though some were produced. AWD Pro S w/o gradient doesn't seem to be directly addressed (unless I missed it) in the recent VW internal correspondence recently posted elsewhere.
Where is "elsewhere?"

·
ID.4 Pro S Blue
44 Posts
I'm looking, I think it was in a Facebook group...
I'm looking, I think it was in a Facebook group...
I found this post on the “VW ID.4 Prebookers” Facebook page, with no attribution as to where it came from:

Info on AWD vehicles:

Production

Like many companies, Volkswagen’s production volume has been adversely affected by the worldwide microchip shortage and impact of COVID-19. As a result, all model lines are experiencing delays, including the ID.4. As a result, the model year transition from 2021 to 2022 will happen in late December. We remain committed to building them as fast as we can and with high quality.

Given the current environment, when a customer places an ID.4 reservation, model year, pricing and product specifications cannot be guaranteed as it is based on production timings. The reservation experience is being updated throughout to set this expectation and customers will receive confirmation of vehicle details once a vehicle is assigned to their reservation. Soon, reservation holders will be informed if likely to receive a model year 2022 vehicle.

Reserved Vehicle Allocation

In September, we are informing ID.4 AWD Pro reservation holders who will not receive their vehicle this year that the new delivery timing is in 2022, and that we will be in touch again in January to provide a more specific delivery time frame. To thank them for their patience, we will be offering them a small gift upon purchase, along with $250 to spend at a dealership on accessories, service or parts. For consumers who do not want to wait, we are promoting that they can upgrade to Pro S (Statement) with Gradient Package or a RWD vehicle.

ID.4 vehicles will continue to be allocated based on the reservation system. In order to receive a vehicle during the reservation-driven allocation phase, a dealer must have an associated and locked customer reservation in the system for their dealership.

This is required in order to ensure a customer-focused experience, that vehicles are allocated in accordance with customer demand, and to maintain the integrity of the reservation system. Reservations will be prioritized based on when the reservation was placed on the system, with the earliest confirmed reservations being built first within a given trim level. Reservation holders will be kept up to date as to the status of their vehicle through their myVW portal and through regular direct email communications.

Vehicle Highlights

ID.4 AWD Pro has a starting manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $43,675, lower than any fully-electric AWD vehicle. It launches with an impressive 249mi EPA estimated range. The additional motor at the front axle brings all-wheel traction and added performance for a thrilling punch, with a max 295 HP and 0-60 acceleration in 5.7s.

Standard Equipment (in addition to ID.4 Pro equipment):

Factory installed trailer hitch
2,700 lbs towing capacity (braked)
Heated windshield
EV Incentives

Please reference the federal and state incentives on the Plug In America Website
Media Launch

ID.4 AWD will be added to the SUV Ride and Drive program in Q1 2022.

In-market prospects will be served AWD messaging based on target propensity.

PR Activities

Volkswagen PR will host the ID.4 AWD media drive in Chattanooga the week of September 13th. Media will explore the scenic hills surrounding the city in the new dual-motor ID.4 and tour the factory expansion as the brand prepares for electric vehicle manufacturing in the U.S.

Accessories

For customers looking to personalize, protect or increase the versatility of their VW ID.4 EV, there is a Volkswagen accessory for everyone. Visit our online catalog at parts.vw.com to find what accessories are available.

·
34 Posts
I found this post on the “VW ID.4 Prebookers” Facebook page:

Info on AWD vehicles:

Production

Like many companies, Volkswagen’s production volume has been adversely affected by the worldwide microchip shortage and impact of COVID-19. As a result, all model lines are experiencing delays, including the ID.4. As a result, the model year transition from 2021 to 2022 will happen in late December. We remain committed to building them as fast as we can and with high quality.

Given the current environment, when a customer places an ID.4 reservation, model year, pricing and product specifications cannot be guaranteed as it is based on production timings. The reservation experience is being updated throughout to set this expectation and customers will receive confirmation of vehicle details once a vehicle is assigned to their reservation. Soon, reservation holders will be informed if likely to receive a model year 2022 vehicle.

Reserved Vehicle Allocation

In September, we are informing ID.4 AWD Pro reservation holders who will not receive their vehicle this year that the new delivery timing is in 2022, and that we will be in touch again in January to provide a more specific delivery time frame. To thank them for their patience, we will be offering them a small gift upon purchase, along with $250 to spend at a dealership on accessories, service or parts. For consumers who do not want to wait, we are promoting that they can upgrade to Pro S (Statement) with Gradient Package or a RWD vehicle.

ID.4 vehicles will continue to be allocated based on the reservation system. In order to receive a vehicle during the reservation-driven allocation phase, a dealer must have an associated and locked customer reservation in the system for their dealership.

This is required in order to ensure a customer-focused experience, that vehicles are allocated in accordance with customer demand, and to maintain the integrity of the reservation system. Reservations will be prioritized based on when the reservation was placed on the system, with the earliest confirmed reservations being built first within a given trim level. Reservation holders will be kept up to date as to the status of their vehicle through their myVW portal and through regular direct email communications.

Vehicle Highlights

ID.4 AWD Pro has a starting manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $43,675, lower than any fully-electric AWD vehicle. It launches with an impressive 249mi EPA estimated range. The additional motor at the front axle brings all-wheel traction and added performance for a thrilling punch, with a max 295 HP and 0-60 acceleration in 5.7s.

Standard Equipment (in addition to ID.4 Pro equipment):

Factory installed trailer hitch
2,700 lbs towing capacity (braked)
Heated windshield
EV Incentives

Please reference the federal and state incentives on the Plug In America Website
Media Launch

ID.4 AWD will be added to the SUV Ride and Drive program in Q1 2022.

In-market prospects will be served AWD messaging based on target propensity.

PR Activities

Volkswagen PR will host the ID.4 AWD media drive in Chattanooga the week of September 13th. Media will explore the scenic hills surrounding the city in the new dual-motor ID.4 and tour the factory expansion as the brand prepares for electric vehicle manufacturing in the U.S.

Accessories

For customers looking to personalize, protect or increase the versatility of their VW ID.4 EV, there is a Volkswagen accessory for everyone. Visit our online catalog at parts.vw.com to find what accessories are available.
That's it. Also, it is an external correspondence, not internal as I stated in my earlier reply.

·
777 Posts
The Pro S w/o Gradient units do seem to have fallen into a black hole.

·
654 Posts
I went to 20-1 a few weeks ago, but my dealer always showed a late October to November delivery to West Coast which seemed long. If my car isn't on Cicero I wonder if this long transit time implies they are holding West Coast cars for a scheduled trans-panama on a later vessel?
Yes likely since this info from VW gives you 55-60 days to west coast (if you are close enough to the port) which would be late Oct. If instead yours went to Houston or another port and then rail/truck it might be even longer, like mine will be to CO.

·
654 Posts
to receive a vehicle during the reservation-driven allocation phase
This part is interesting to me, since it the implies that they have plans to end this "reservation-driven phase" and I wonder when that will be?

Reactions: Katalase

·
28 Posts
You probably know more about the car than he does anyway.
To follow up -
Another update - car is at the dealership as of yesterday. Wanted to pick up today but the "ID4 advisor" is on vacation till Monday. Really tried to get it regardless (since it will be hard to get there by closing during the week - and heading out on vacation Wed), but the sales manager was a typical car salesman sleaze ball (when will these dealerships learn?!?!?!). Looks like will need to try and make it on Monday..... Bottom Line - My AWD is really here!
Update - Picked up an ID4 AWD Pro last night! They exist! 😂

Wifey's driven it ever since the dealership so I can't say how awesome it drives.... Yet. (She says amazing). I just set up the monster mats and child seat. Of course it poured on the way home also. Still would love to know what software version it's on. Will find out when she gets home. So - don't lose hope AWD reservations!

·
AWD PRO S
47 Posts
To follow up -

Wifey's driven it ever since the dealership so I can't say how awesome it drives.... Yet. (She says amazing). I just set up the monster mats and child seat. Of course it poured on the way home also. Still would love to know what software version it's on. Will find out when she gets home. So - don't lose hope AWD reservations!
Pictures please!

Reactions: ByebyeGasStations

·
777 Posts
Hurray!!! After 48 days at a status of 15-2, I have a VIN!!!! Progress is being made, finally.

·
Super Moderator
833 Posts
To follow up -

Congratulations!! Glad to hear these are finally getting delivered. Good luck with it!!

·
44 Posts
I can report progress as well. For the first time in months my wheel of torture has moved up a step (to leaving the factory). Status 20-1. About a week after I saw a vin pop up. Excitement starting to overflow. FWIW I have not seen a single email from VW since I was able to lock in my order months ago.

·
1 Posts
Congratulations on your I’d.4 awd. I should be receiving mine in November. As per dealer. I ordered mine in February. I’m pretty sure I’m borderline when when it come to receiving the awd this year. This can give you somewhat an idea if you will get yours this year. It’s going to come down to supply chain. I’m even wondering if I’m going to get mine as well. We will see. I almost can’t wait.

·
11 Posts
Well, FWIW I locked my order for a AWD Pro S Gradient on 6/21, and still haven't moved past status code 03. I'm in the SF Bay Area in California.

·
ID.4 AWD Pro S, Scale Silver
87 Posts
I've been thinking there is a good chance of VW batching west coast cars for a later vessel. Most, if not all, of the early AWD progress seemed destined for the eastern US. Just in the past week there seems to have been more progress with cars destined for the west coast. I'm in SoCal, have been at 15-2 for 9 days and got a vin 2 days ago.
I'm in San Diego and am still in 20-1 status (since 08/31/21). Your theory might be correct as far as batching goes as it appears I'm not on Siem Cicero either (which left Emden last Friday). I've noticed most of the carriers stop in Houston but not all berth on the west coast. I would think their order book would have a significant number of west coast orders. I guess it depends on how they want to make those deliveries as they have two options:
  1. Berth in Houston and then transport via land.
  2. Take the Panama Canal and then berth in west coast ports.
If they have a large number of west coast orders then their preference is likely 2 since it would just be way more efficient logistics-wise. If this is the case then, yes, they're likely batching-up enough west coast cars to justify the west coast port deliveries.

·
777 Posts
  1. Berth in Houston and then transport via land.
  2. Take the Panama Canal and then berth in west coast ports.
Since the start of the ID4 shipments, I haven't seen any of the car transport ships that have gone to the west coast have returned to Germany. They have all stayed in the Pacific, now serving Japan/China/India. The majority of West coast cars seem to be going thru Houston.

Reactions: Mike Bouck
141 - 160 of 174 Posts