Volkswagen ID Forum banner
161 - 180 of 234 Posts

·
205 Posts
Hurray!!! After 48 days at a status of 15-2, I have a VIN!!!! Progress is being made, finally.
YES! I was starting to get nervous about your reservation. We've suffered together, so no car left behind! You may not make Bishu Highway, but Aristotle seems likely.

·
126 Posts
I'm in San Diego and am still in 20-1 status (since 08/31/21). Your theory might be correct as far as batching goes as it appears I'm not on Siem Cicero either (which left Emden last Friday).
Also went 20-1 around that time, and also wasn't on Cicero, Los Angeles delivery. Hoping for Bishu..

Edit: went to 20-2 9/15/21 after Bishu likely started loading

·
54 Posts
I am beginning to grow doubtful that I will be getting my ID.4 AWD Pro S this year.

I reserved far later than most of you (6/18) and the estimated timeline it gave me initially was I believe Nov-Jan. This changed to Sept-Oct when I got an email stating my order was locked for production only 3 days later on 6/21. My dealer at the time said this was because VW was prioritizing Pro S Gradient models.

It has now been almost 90 days with no updates or progress on the wheel of torture. I am currently sharing a car with my other half and I miss driving an EV. Had I known earlier this year the AWD model would be so reasonably priced I would have ordered back in March. Le sigh.

FWIW, I have tried the developer tools on Chrome to dig deeper as many have successfully done on this forum. Thus far I still only see an order status code of “03” nothing with 15-2 or other numbers people are reporting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
6 Posts
Hi everyone, at 11:04 EDT today I received an email regarding updated delivery of my ID4 AWD PRO - How many others received this email?
I'll post below rather than trying to just summarize and to avoid further questions.

Time for an update.
Hi Roy,
We're doing everything we can to get you an ID.4 AWD Pro as soon as possible. We're reaching out today to let you know that interest in the vehicle has been greater than expected, and Volkswagen's production volume has been adversely affected by the worldwide microchip shortage and impact of COVID-19. As a result, based on when you made your reservation, we're estimating that you will receive your ID.4 AWD Pro next year.
We realize this may be unexpected, but we'd like to inform you of some options:
  • No Change: If you're OK to wait, you don't need to do anything. We will be in touch in January 2022 to give you a more specific delivery time frame. If you choose this route, you may end up with a Model Year 20221 vehicle.

• Vehicle Upgrade2: Upgrade to an ID.4 AWD Pro S (Statement) with Gradient Package, which will be available starting October 2021. If you opt for this vehicle, here are some of the additional features you'd enjoy:
    • 20" alloy wheels (vs. 19")
    • Black painted roof w/ panoramic fixed glass and silver roof rails and accents
    • Illuminated grille and front Volkswagen logo
    • Hands-free Easy Open and Easy Close liftgate
    • Power-folding side mirrors with memory & illumination
    • V-Tex leatherette seating surfaces (vs. cloth)
    • 8-way power-adjustable front seats with memory and 4-way power lumbar with massage function
    • 12" color center display (vs. 10")
    • 30-color customizable enhanced interior ambient lighting (vs. 10-color)

• Switch to a Rear Wheel Drive: Aside from the sold out first edition ID.4, we have availability for all trim levels. The rear-wheel-drive ID.4 grips the road incredibly well as you can see at the Willow Springs International Raceway, and is capable of taking on a variety of winter conditions.
If you decide to speed up the arrival of your new ID.4, we'll follow up as soon as possible to ask you to lock in your order with a $400 deposit; at that time, you will receive a new time window for your ID.4's expedited arrival.
To help determine which option is right for you, please log in to my ID.4 Reservation where you can change your reservation to a new trim and view estimated costs.
Whatever trim level you choose, we know you're going to love the ID.4 - and to thank you for your patience, you'll receive a small gift after you purchase your ID.4, along with a $200 credit to use toward service, parts or accessories at your preferred VW Dealer.

·
832 Posts
I have not received that email, but I know of others who have.

·
126 Posts
Hi everyone, at 11:04 EDT today I received an email regarding updated delivery of my ID4 AWD PRO - How many others received this email?
When did you reserve your AWD Pro? I'm curious how many AWD Pro they will make before cutting off production and focusing on the Gradient.

·
360 Posts
I'll post below rather than trying to just summarize and to avoid further questions.

Time for an update.
Hi Roy,
We're doing everything we can to get you an ID.4 AWD Pro as soon as possible. We're reaching out today to let you know that interest in the vehicle has been greater than expected, and Volkswagen's production volume has been adversely affected by the worldwide microchip shortage and impact of COVID-19. As a result, based on when you made your reservation, we're estimating that you will receive your ID.4 AWD Pro next year.
We realize this may be unexpected, but we'd like to inform you of some options:
  • No Change: If you're OK to wait, you don't need to do anything. We will be in touch in January 2022 to give you a more specific delivery time frame. If you choose this route, you may end up with a Model Year 20221 vehicle.

• Vehicle Upgrade2: Upgrade to an ID.4 AWD Pro S (Statement) with Gradient Package, which will be available starting October 2021. If you opt for this vehicle, here are some of the additional features you'd enjoy:
    • 20" alloy wheels (vs. 19")
    • Black painted roof w/ panoramic fixed glass and silver roof rails and accents
    • Illuminated grille and front Volkswagen logo
    • Hands-free Easy Open and Easy Close liftgate
    • Power-folding side mirrors with memory & illumination
    • V-Tex leatherette seating surfaces (vs. cloth)
    • 8-way power-adjustable front seats with memory and 4-way power lumbar with massage function
    • 12" color center display (vs. 10")
    • 30-color customizable enhanced interior ambient lighting (vs. 10-color)

• Switch to a Rear Wheel Drive: Aside from the sold out first edition ID.4, we have availability for all trim levels. The rear-wheel-drive ID.4 grips the road incredibly well as you can see at the Willow Springs International Raceway, and is capable of taking on a variety of winter conditions.
If you decide to speed up the arrival of your new ID.4, we'll follow up as soon as possible to ask you to lock in your order with a $400 deposit; at that time, you will receive a new time window for your ID.4's expedited arrival.
To help determine which option is right for you, please log in to my ID.4 Reservation where you can change your reservation to a new trim and view estimated costs.
Whatever trim level you choose, we know you're going to love the ID.4 - and to thank you for your patience, you'll receive a small gift after you purchase your ID.4, along with a $200 credit to use toward service, parts or accessories at your preferred VW Dealer.
What are you going to decide to do? I switched from a Pro S to Pro S with Gradient as the tea leaves were saying I wouldn't be getting the Pro S in 2021 calendar year.

·
15 Posts
I ordered a AWD Pro S (non-Gradient), locked in July (Nov-Dec delivery). Since AWD production started recently I've been checking my order every day. This morning my orderStatusCode went from 03 to 10. I understand that the '15's are in production. Is moving from '03' to '10' meaningful in some way?

·
832 Posts
I ordered a AWD Pro S (non-Gradient), locked in July (Nov-Dec delivery). Since AWD production started recently I've been checking my order every day. This morning my orderStatusCode went from 03 to 10. I understand that the '15's are in production. Is moving from '03' to '10' meaningful in some way?
It will take some digging back thru all the posts to know for sure, but I believe 03 means locked and 10 means order ready for production.

·
15 Posts
It will take some digging back thru all the posts to know for sure, but I believe 03 means locked and 10 means order ready for production.
Thanks, ixlr08! I did a little digging but didn't see anything definitive. I'm working on assumption that my car is scheduled for production any day now! :)

·
360 Posts

·
53 Posts
I don't remember my order going through 10. I was at 15-1 for a long time. I thought 15-1 meant ready for production. I recently moved to 15-2, then about a week after that saw a vin pop up and after another few days I moved to 20-1, which is production complete. I am waiting to move to 20-2, which I think means loaded on a ship. My wheel of torture moved to leaving the plant when I got to 20-1.

·
21 Posts
I see a lot of cars going into production, as indicated by the status change to 15-2. I assume this is all people who ordered very early (e.g. 9/26/2020 or so). Has anyone seen a change to 15-2 or had their wheel of torture advance who ordered after the first day orders?
I ordered in September, paid the additional $400 mid-March and just moved to 15-2 this morning

·
17 Posts
Just checking to see if others that ordered in March this year an AWD Pro S gradient package and was locked on June 21st. My status changed to 15-1 in early Sept and is still sitting at that level since the first week in Sept. Based on many posts those folks that ordered in Q4 of 2020 are now getting their cars. My assumption is that my car will be here in mid to late November based on production levels. Anyone else who ordered in March seen their status change to 15-2 yet?

·
224 Posts
I reserved Awd Id.4 Pro S (non gradient) on 10/1/20, locked 3/5/21, and also just went to status 15-2 this morning, 9/29/21.
Our ID.4 status changed to 15.2, too. Finally some progress. There is hope for a 2021 delivery (knocking on lots of wood). We reserved an AWD Statement (not gradient) on 9/23/2020, locked in order in March.

·
2021 ID4 PRO AWD Moonstone Gray
19 Posts
Finally some movement for this Pro AWD (no statement, no gradient)! Reserved about Oct 1 2020, locked in March. I am in central California. Seems like the base trim folks were de-prioritized and it is nice to see the shift from 15-1 to 15-2,so perhaps other base trim folk are seeing this?. The owner portal states Sep-Oct 2021, which won't happen. But my hope is higher for a delivery this year.

·
832 Posts
AWD Pro/S- Reserved Sept '20, locked March '21, Leaving factory 20-Sept '21, Arriving in US 30-Sept '21.
Portal states delivery 15-Sept -15-Oct, dealer states delivery 9-Nov - 19-Nov.

·
224 Posts
AWD Pro/S- Reserved Sept '20, locked March '21, Leaving factory 20-Sept '21, Arriving in US 30-Sept '21.
Portal states delivery 15-Sept -15-Oct, dealer states delivery 9-Nov - 19-Nov.
Do you remember how long your ID.4 had the 15-2 production code? Mine just changed to 15-2 and I have the same model.

161 - 180 of 234 Posts