Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have latest info on AWD model. Seems no one has ever seen or driven one anywhere in the world.

·
680 Posts
Anyone have latest info on AWD model. Seems no one has ever seen or driven one anywhere in the world.
There are a few videos from Europe reviewing the GTX which is their version of the ID.4 AWD.
A bit faster, a little bit more regen, noisier with front motor, slightly larger turning radius.

Reactions: Mike Bouck

·
5 Posts
There are a few videos from Europe reviewing the GTX which is their version of the ID.4 AWD.
A bit faster, a little bit more regen, noisier with front motor, slightly larger turning radius.
I think the US AWD ID4 is actually faster than the GTX. 0-60 in 5.7 seconds(Pro AWD) vs 6.2 for GTX.

·
18 Posts
From the general silence and from the lack of response to a couple of queries on other discussions I don't think any AWD models have been produced. I had heard AWD models were supposed to start production on 7/11 but have never seen any confirmation. From what I can tell no one with an AWD model on order has seen their wheel of torture move to "left the factory" let alone actually see one. My dealer has told me that my leave the factory date is 7/30 so I should know if this date is accurate by early August. I am hoping to see my car by the middle of September, assuming it is built around the end of July. I would not be surprised if VW is building GTX models now for Europe and will build the AWD models for the US after that, which could be consistent with both the 7/11 date and my hoped for date of 7/30. But I have not seen anything I would consider official nor do I have great faith in my 7/30 date.
That said my big panic right now is finding a level 2 charger to install in my garage. There seems to be a great shortage at the moment. Not only has Electrify Home been out of stock for a couple of months but some others I have tried to find, like ChargePoint and JuiceBox also seem to be sold out. Assuming my car arrives in the middle of September I want to be ready.

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From the general silence and from the lack of response to a couple of queries on other discussions I don't think any AWD models have been produced. I had heard AWD models were supposed to start production on 7/11 but have never seen any confirmation. From what I can tell no one with an AWD model on order has seen their wheel of torture move to "left the factory" let alone actually see one. My dealer has told me that my leave the factory date is 7/30 so I should know if this date is accurate by early August. I am hoping to see my car by the middle of September, assuming it is built around the end of July. I would not be surprised if VW is building GTX models now for Europe and will build the AWD models for the US after that, which could be consistent with both the 7/11 date and my hoped for date of 7/30. But I have not seen anything I would consider official nor do I have great faith in my 7/30 date.
That said my big panic right now is finding a level 2 charger to install in my garage. There seems to be a great shortage at the moment. Not only has Electrify Home been out of stock for a couple of months but some others I have tried to find, like ChargePoint and JuiceBox also seem to be sold out. Assuming my car arrives in the middle of September I want to be ready.
I took the plunge and reserved an AWD a couple days ago, The initial estimated date for delivery is 3/22! What part of the country are you at? I’m in Northern Virginia. Maybe I should go ahead and order a L2 charger now!

·
18 Posts
I took the plunge and reserved an AWD a couple days ago, The initial estimated date for delivery is 3/22! What part of the country are you at? I’m in Northern Virginia. Maybe I should go ahead and order a L2 charger now!
I am in New York but I don't think that location is important. I was looking on the web for chargers. I am also a bit shocked at your date. I ordered in January. But I have seen posts from people who ordered AWD last September and the fact that none of them has posted about their wheel of torture moving past order locked indicates that no AWD vehicles have been produced yet. I expect a flood of posts once that happens (maybe even from me if I am very lucky). My hope continues to be that my car somehow sneaks on the first ship to leave with AWD models on board.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts