Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to wash my car today. When I got home, I parked in my garage and started cleaning the interior of my car, but had to pull my car back out of the garage after 10-15 minutes. After pulling out my car into my driveway, I noticed some greenish fluid on the ground in the general spot of the front passenger seat. I called my VW dealer and was told the only fluid that was the color I was describing is washer fluid, but this is on the opposite side of the car. All other fluids I can see are not that color. The only fluid I cannot see is the fluid from the battery cooling system. So, does anyone know what color the battery coolant is?

My prevailing theory is that it is water from the carwash that happened to drain when parked for the first few minutes. I also saw no fluid dripping from my car in the spot it was parked.

·
181 Posts
The coolant, which you should be able to see the reservoir for under the hood, is an orange/pink color. It's known as G13.
The brake fluid would be more amber/tan color.
The only thing I can think of also that might be green would be the wiper fluid, or the soapy water from the car wash.

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That was my prevailing thought after the person at the VW dealer was laughing after me trying to explain everything. I’m heading out on a roadtrip for the long weekend so I panicked after seeing a strange colored liquid under my car and also being unable to match it to any fluid that was visible.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
2,865 Posts
It's good to be observant and concerned (too many aren't, especially with their tire pressures as seen at stoplights). However I too think it's just the wash residue. The ID.4 has a number of nooks & crannies that take time to drain/dry out. I blow dry mine with a clean leaf blower after a hand wash and despite thinking I've done a good job rinsing there's often some hidden soap, windshield tray in particular.
That was my prevailing thought after the person at the VW dealer was laughing after me trying to explain everything. I’m heading out on a roadtrip for the long weekend so I panicked after seeing a strange colored liquid under my car and also being unable to match it to any fluid that was visible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts