Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
994 Posts
I have the VW OEM crossbars - they seem fine. I found them online for $217 in November; they've gone put to $233 now... I'm not sure you'll save that much money buying an off brand version, and I'd hate for something to come loose up there. The OEM cross bars are better than the ones for my Golf Alltrack; they have a locking lever to make them easier to attach. Here's where I found them, but lots of folks have them (search for part # 11A071151)

·
822 Posts
I have the VW OEM crossbars - they seem fine. I found them online for $217 in November; they've gone put to $233 now... I'm not sure you'll save that much money buying an off brand version, and I'd hate for something to come loose up there. The OEM cross bars are better than the ones for my Golf Alltrack; they have a locking lever to make them easier to attach. Here's where I found them, but lots of folks have them (search for part # 11A071151)

$287 shipped. I think your local VW dealer can hand over a set for that.

·
994 Posts
What I do is lookup the thing I need on parts.vw.com, find the part # then google for it… a different online parts site (these are almost all parts departments of dealerships) will be cheapest for each thing. That place was the cheapest back in November; today you may find it cheaper somewhere else.

·
994 Posts
Because the color doesn’t match, apparently… but they work fine :)

·
822 Posts
I have used a lot of roof bars and there is no better set of bars out there than the OEM VW bars imo, unless you don’t want the VW plastic locks because you think metal locks are going to stop someone from ripping off your bars with their bare hands if they want it bad enough.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts