Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are my take coming from Tesla
Pros: clear 260miles range in any driving conditions , sturdy quality materials throughout the SUV, extra features like following headlights, no touch truck operation, leg space is more than model Y i think, no defects thats comes with most Tesla 3 and Y, 3yr free charging and no monthly data fees for now, heavy materials underneath drive terrain.

Cons: Carnet app is not great at this time, i hate the pedestrian speaker that makes noise under 22miles, my wife dont hear it but I do,

Overall i am real happy with Id4 paying only $36500/- after fed credit plus taxes and dealer fee of $599 and destination charge of $1100 which is additional in Tesla too. I got tinting plus protection & convenience package free too after negotiating with dealer. Its a no brainer. My model 3 long range lost 16miles of battery in first year and never drove more than 250miles in single charge. Being 82kw battery in ID4 it should drive same distance as model y long range. I had many component failures in my model 3 under warranty so i was scared repairing thise out of warranty. ID4 seems a quality build and German made. the door handles is a basic win over model Y/3 and lighted too. When you turn left or right the extra light that turns on is real nice in country side. Looks better than Model Y. The fsd feature is for young kids who wants to risk it. Until I can sit in rear from point A to B i feel it is a joke putting responsibility on driver.

·
324 Posts
Here are my take coming from Tesla
Pros: clear 260miles range in any driving conditions , sturdy quality materials throughout the SUV, extra features like following headlights, no touch truck operation, leg space is more than model Y i think, no defects thats comes with most Tesla 3 and Y, 3yr free charging and no monthly data fees for now, heavy materials underneath drive terrain.

Cons: Carnet app is not great at this time, i hate the pedestrian speaker that makes noise under 22miles, my wife dont hear it but I do,

Overall i am real happy with Id4 paying only $36500/- after fed credit plus taxes and dealer fee of $599 and destination charge of $1100 which is additional in Tesla too. I got tinting plus protection & convenience package free too after negotiating with dealer. Its a no brainer. My model 3 long range lost 16miles of battery in first year and never drove more than 250miles in single charge. Being 82kw battery in ID4 it should drive same distance as model y long range. I had many component failures in my model 3 under warranty so i was scared repairing thise out of warranty. ID4 seems a quality build and German made. the door handles is a basic win over model Y/3 and lighted too. When you turn left or right the extra light that turns on is real nice in country side. Looks better than Model Y. The fsd feature is for young kids who wants to risk it. Until I can sit in rear from point A to B i feel it is a joke putting responsibility on driver.
I think you answered your question.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts