Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Pro S with no tow hitch and really want to have bike mount (for two) installed.
Not knowing anything about tow hitches for CUVs, I was wondering if anyone can advise me on a cost efficient solution for a simple bike mount for two bikes.
For my previous Sedan, we have bought an inexpensive mount which was very easy to install. I really didn't care about the paint on the sedan too much back then, but really don't want to make any damages or scratches to the body of my new ID4.

·
2021 First Edition
177 Posts
You could put the bikes on the roof. If you do that, I'd suggest the carriers that hold the bike with wheels on. I've dinged the roof of cars with carriers that hold bikes by the fork.

·
17 Posts
I think you bought the wrong version to carry bikes. There's no easy way to add a hitch or even roof rails.

·
94 Posts
The trunk mounted racks (Saris Bones et al.) typically have straps that hook onto the top of the trunk lid/hatch. When I went to mount one a couple of years ago, I found that the installation instructions warned against routing the straps over a spoiler, so I couldn’t use it.

The structure on the back of the ID.4 seems sturdier than a typical bolt-on spoiler, so it might be ok, and there might be some rack models that have worked around this issue - just make sure to check before committing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts