Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anybody else bothered by the very large black border at the bottom of the ID.4 windshield? I had never noticed that on a car before. Is this a normal VW thing, or unique to the ID.4? I never saw a post on this, but it was one of the first things I noticed when I took delivery of my US 2021 AWD Pro S. Has it changed at all in 2022 or different in other markets?

Proud FE owner
It's only visible from the outside and may be this way to block the ID.Light from direct sunlight. From the driver seat, the top of the black lines up with the top of the ID.Light.

Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was talking about from the driver perspective. Maybe I rarely saw the ID light because I was always using CarPlay -- but seems like an odd design decision if they needed that big area to support an LED strip of questionable usefulness.

Blue ProS RWD is in my garage! Only took 187 days.
So far, I've been a little amazed that both systems (when used with their own map program) manage to put the lane arrows on the binacle. Now if they could write to the APIs needed to use the ID Light I would be in heaven!

Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Apparently I am the only one who is bothered by a 2-3 inch black border at the bottom of my windshield. Maybe it is more pronounced for me because I'm tall and looking down towards it more? Regardless, I guess I got my answer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts