Volkswagen ID Forum banner

Blue or White 1st Edition?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
ID.4 1st blue
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the blue 1st Edition and it will be here maybe tomorrow but I found out there's a white 1st Edition nearby (same dealership group) that is available for sale. I'm thinking about switching!

Normally, I don't like white cars. Aside from being boring they are harder to keep clear. I would have paid the extra $$$$ for a blue or grey Tesla. But with the contrasting black roof and rocker trim I think it looks really sharp on this car.

The interior grey is also a huge plus since it goes much better with the 1st Ed. white steering wheel and door trim.

Now that there are many cars in the wild, which would you pick?

·
44 Posts
I ordered a blue Pro S (non-Gradient), but ended up cancelling the order for various reasons. Had I kept it, I would have changed to white. I don't like the silver roof trim with the blue, and figured the contrast trim was only for the Gradient package. When I found out the Pro S would actually have black trim, I liked that less than the silver. I think the white looks good with both trim colors. But for you, if you like the blue better, I think you should wait a bit longer and get the one you really want. I'm going through a similar situation with a house I'm having built. The builder put the house in the wrong location on the plot plan, and got the building permit based on that. Revising the permit will delay the house by maybe a month, but we're doing that, because I know that with an expensive purchase like this, I'll be kicking myself if I don't get exactly what I want, just to save a month.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
2,931 Posts
I'm biased. Plus my wife's CUV is white, so ...
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

I actually would have preferred that my [former] Audi TTS was base-TT metallic Scuba Blue rather than TTS pearlescent Sepang Blue. This "Dusk Blue" looks like Scuba Blue to me so another reason. 😁

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
I ordered the blue 1st Edition and it will be here maybe tomorrow but I found out there's a white 1st Edition nearby (same dealership group) that is available for sale. I'm thinking about switching!

Normally, I don't like white cars. Aside from being boring they are harder to keep clear. I would have paid the extra $$$$ for a blue or grey Tesla. But with the contrasting black roof and rocker trim I think it looks really sharp on this car.

The interior grey is also a huge plus since it goes much better with the 1st Ed. white steering wheel and door trim.

Now that there are many cars in the wild, which would you pick?
I ordered one in white....I have had dark colors in cars before...and the darker colors are actually more difficult to keep clean.

·
254 Posts
My previous car was white and I had never wanted a white car, but I got used to it. I find the white ID.4s to look quite nice though! And I really wanted the lighter interior, but alas blue is my favorite color and I was easily swayed to Dusk Blue.

My dealer said the blue is the best looking one in person, but he may have said that because that was the one I ordered, lol.

·
FE Blue - picked up March 19
39 Posts
It might depend on which interior you prefer, I think the white one have the light grey seats, vs black for the blue.

My last car had light tan seats, I think they show wear and tear a bit more.

·
ID.4 1st blue
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll be kicking myself if I don't get exactly what I want, just to save a month.
Definitely agree with this! Fortunately, time isn't really a factor as I can get either in about the same time. I just can't decide! I definitely want to see the blue in person. I'm hoping I love it and then it will be easy :)

1st world problems!!

·
28 Posts
This is the first model of car where I have ever liked the white version most instead of least. Something about that First Edition bright interior and the contrasting dark trim on the exterior is just so sharp to me, and enhances the "car from the future" vibe. I think the blue and black First Editions are great as well, just slightly more "present day" looking, I guess.

That said, if moonstone gray on a Pro S had an interior choice that didn't include brown accents, that would be my overall preference.

Reactions: plh and sethpo

·
414 Posts
I'm biased. Plus my wife's CUV is white, so ...
View attachment 1914
I actually would have preferred that my [former] Audi TTS was base-TT metallic Scuba Blue rather than TTS pearlescent Sepang Blue. This "Dusk Blue" looks like Scuba Blue to me so another reason. 😁
If this is what the blue always looked like then I'd be 100% in however I went and saw the ID.4 for the first time today and there is definitely some purple hue to it depending on angle and lighting.

·
131 Posts
It was an easy decision for me - my wife said white!:)

I drove a black demo this week, and I think it's really sharp, but I really wanted the grey interior, and in FE white is the only color with the grey insides. I have white dogs, so black is not the right interior color.

·
41 Posts
I ordered two in white and then went for the test drive last weekend. There was a white, black and blue. I thought the black looked best, followed by the blue and then white. So, I changed one white to black and the other to grey. Black is harder to keep clean than white. I’ve owned cars in both colors but mainly black.

·
67 Posts
This is the first model of car where I have ever liked the white version most instead of least. Something about that First Edition bright interior and the contrasting dark trim on the exterior is just so sharp to me, and enhances the "car from the future" vibe. I think the blue and black First Editions are great as well, just slightly more "present day" looking, I guess.

That said, if moonstone gray on a Pro S had an interior choice that didn't include brown accents, that would be my overall preference.
I had the same sentiment. With the First Edition, I think the white is the nicer option. And I really like the blue. It was when I saw some dealer photos of a white one that really convinced me. I almost called to see if it was available instead of waiting for the moonstone gray that I ordered...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts