Volkswagen ID Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
2 Posts
Did you have to make an appointment?
It's great to find out about these ID.4 tours from this forum. As a lessee of an e-Golf and a customer of Coastal VW I would have expected to receive a notification from them.
I received an email to make an appointment from Kelly VW, but that is my VW dealership for my ID.4 reservation (and for my current Sportwagen).

·
4 Posts
I received an email to make an appointment from Kelly VW, but that is my VW dealership for my ID.4 reservation (and for my current Sportwagen).
I think it will depend on each dealership whether they're asking customers/reservation holders to make appointments to see the car or not. Since Boston seems like a lot of shorter dealer stops, my guess would be its more of a free flow approach, but again dealer dependent. Even if all the appointments are taken, if you pop by you'll be able to see the car.

·
60 Posts
Could anybody check what the trunk height from floor to privacy cover is and also to the ceiling? There is a separate thread about dimensions that that part is not quite clear. Thanks in advance. Would love to join you as well but it is too far.

·
150 Posts
For anyone planning on going on Thursday to your local Boston dealer. Call ahead since the ID.4 will need to be driven back down to VA by the VW employee.

Also, anyone that has stop by your local dealer. Did you get any printed material? I got one that shows more detail on on what comes with the vehicle and may scan it in for people to view.

·
250 Posts
If anybody can report on driver seat height with respect to the ground, comparing it with the JSW, that would be appreciated. I'm fairly tall and in my older age I am finding the JSW more and more difficult to get in/out of due to how low the seat is. I am hoping the ID.4 seat sits higher. Thanks

·
15 Posts
For anyone planning on going on Thursday to your local Boston dealer. Call ahead since the ID.4 will need to be driven back down to VA by the VW employee.
Considering the predicted snowfall on the south shore Thursday, I am wondering if they'll be canceling the events. Unfortunate timing!

·
19 Posts

Also, anyone that has stop by your local dealer. Did you get any printed material? I got one that shows more detail on on what comes with the vehicle and may scan it in for people to view.
Please scan the material you got
Thanks

·
150 Posts
There was actually a black Tiguan (allspace) next to it. You can see the front profile on my side picture. The ID.4 is shorter and lower than the Tiguan.

I think the reason why you get conflicting info is that there are two Tiguans over in Europe. The allspace and the shorter regular Tiguan which is shorter than the ID.4.

·
19 Posts
There was actually a black Tiguan (allspace) next to it. You can see the front profile on my side picture. The ID.4 is shorter and lower than the Tiguan.

I think the reason why you get conflicting info is that there are two Tiguans over in Europe. The allspace and the shorter regular Tiguan which is shorter than the ID.4.
Yea, the “regular” Tiguan is similar to the last generation Tiguan that made me feel claustrophobic as a 6’2” tall person. I was so happy when my wife got rid of that. 😆

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 First Edition Locked-in
255 Posts
Thanks again, just what I was hoping for!

As a less than 6'-2" guy the original Tiguan had some appeal for me and again I was hoping the ID.4 was between the two in size.

Given today's significant snowfall here I won't be able to make it for my own viewing so I really do appreciate all the information and photo's you've provided!

·
15 Posts
I was able to see the ID.4 at Coastal VW this afternoon. I was not disappointed. The car looks great in person and even though it was a pre-production model everything looked and felt well put together. All doors shut with a solid thud even with the window down. I own both a Tiguan and an e-Golf and the ID.4 is definitely close in size to the Tiguan. It even felt a little wider inside but that could be due to the horizontal dash and the lack of a typical waterfall center console.

·
250 Posts
Did anybody else brave the snow to take a look at the car? Thanks for the pics. Did you notice if those were the 19" or 20" wheels? I'm guessing it was the 20's.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 First Edition Locked-in
255 Posts
Am I interpreting the marketing guide correctly in that the Pro S w/Gradient option has a black roof and therefore not the panoramic fixed glass, or is it black trim around a pano?

·
23 Posts
Am I interpreting the marketing guide correctly in that the Pro S w/Gradient option has a black roof and therefore not the panoramic fixed glass, or is it black trim around a pano?
The last page of the pdf provided in the “ID.4 Trim Differentiation” post says it’s glass. Which makes sense - Gradient should have everything that Statement has plus the cosmetic changes and larger wheels.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts