Volkswagen ID Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 First Edition Locked-in
255 Posts
Thanks WH4T4, I obviously missed that note. Makes sense.

I do like most all the silver accents of the Gradient package. But I think from a ride comfort perspective (especially over/in Winter potholes) I'd be better served with the 19" wheels. I've had silver roof rails in the past, never actually used, and a nice accent but invariably get in the way of cleaning/drying/waxing. So ... Pro S non-gradient for me. ;)

·
15 Posts
What were your thought on the brown dash and door inserts? Did you get a chance to hear the audio?
The brown accents looked good and of high quality. The color comes down to personal preference. I think it would have looked more cohesive if the door panels had the same stitching as the dash.
I did not get to hear the audio system.

·
15 Posts
Am I interpreting the marketing guide correctly in that the Pro S w/Gradient option has a black roof and therefore not the panoramic fixed glass, or is it black trim around a pano?
The car in this video has the pano roof with black window trim and body color roof. I think it looks great. I almost prefer it to the gradient trim.

·
Super Moderator
255 Posts
Great looking vehicle and thanks for linking. Alas the 20" wheels and their respective very low profile tires are just not practical for me, and all-season practicality is one of my priorities for this procurement. ;)

Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 7.51.29 AM.png

The car in this video has the pano roof with black window trim and body color roof. I think it looks great. I almost prefer it to the gradient trim.

·
Super Moderator
255 Posts
A scant 12 days ago I cited that I'd be going non-Gradient package for the somewhat more Winter road practical 19" wheels/tire profile. But every time I see a photo of a dusk blue ID.4 it has the Gradient package, with especially the nice silver trim cladding and 20" all-silver rims, and I now think I must too. 🤷‍♂️ But despite the added cost, I still appreciate your in-person photo's as well FinleyFinn. ;)

The wheels were 20". It looked like a Pro S Gradient.

·
21 Posts
The brown accents looked good and of high quality. The color comes down to personal preference. I think it would have looked more cohesive if the door panels had the same stitching as the dash.
I did not get to hear the audio system.
Hey FinleyFinn (or anyone else that might know), I like the look of the brown accents, but this isn't standard is it? Is this part of the Statement package? I'm a bit confused on that coloring combination as I've seen some YouTube videos with this color as part of the European First Edition. Any help with clearing up this confusion on my part would be great. I have reserved the Pro (base) with no Statement or Gradient package currently. I like everything that is included in the base model and don't feel that an extra $4,500 is worth upgrading to the Pro S...

·
2021 ID.4 1st Edition (on order), 2012 CC Sport, 1986 Golf (former), 1967 Beetle (former)
339 Posts
The base Pro comes in black cloth only. The door inserts, armrests, etc. will be "platinum gray". See page 11 in the attachment.

Attachments

·
220 Posts
The available color combinations also show in the order guide

·
11 Posts
The base Pro comes in black cloth only. The door inserts, armrests, etc. will be "platinum gray". See page 11 in the attachment.
Does Anyone have any photos of what the black cloth interior looks like. Several days ago I reached out to VW via chat but they were not able to direct me to any photos.

·
21 Posts
Thanks ErickF and sprylo, I see that the brown accents are part of the Statement package when selecting the black interior. I may have to rethink the Pro vs the Pro S...Decisions, decisions...

·
60 Posts
Thanks ErickF and sprylo, I see that the brown accents are part of the Statement package when selecting the black interior. I may have to rethink the Pro vs the Pro S...Decisions, decisions...
Agreed. Was anybody able to touch the surfaces? I remember that the ID.4 is more soft touch (premium) than the ID.3 which is more hard plastic. The texture looks like the softer surfaces of a Jetta which do feel good IMHO.

·
2021 ID.4 1st Edition (on order), 2012 CC Sport, 1986 Golf (former), 1967 Beetle (former)
339 Posts
Agreed. Was anybody able to touch the surfaces? I remember that the ID.4 is more soft touch (premium) than the ID.3 which is more hard plastic. The texture looks like the softer surfaces of a Jetta which do feel good IMHO.
We had to wear gloves during the Seattle area visit. But the soft-touch surfaces all seemed similar to my CC.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts