Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my ID4 last Thursday. The sales person noted something wrong with the Nav. I dropped it off Saturday, the dealer has not been able to fix it even with the Tech People at VW America. Apparently it passed all the systems checks, yesterday Tech handed off the problem to VW America Engineering. 24 hours later still no response from Engineering.
I told the dealer, if it's not fixed by 5:00 pm tomorrow, keep the car and refund me my money. Going back to a Cadillac. What is wrong with VW America.

·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am giving back this POS ID4. VW doesn't know how to fix my car. I am going back to an ICE Cadillac. If VW doesn't know how to fix it, then they should not be allowed to sell them. Almost CRIMINAL

·
ID.4 ProS Gradient Dusk Blue
476 Posts
I am giving back this POS ID4. VW doesn't know how to fix my car. I am going back to an ICE Cadillac. If VW doesn't know how to fix it, then they should not be allowed to sell them. Almost CRIMINAL
What is wrong?

·
Proud FE owner
1,196 Posts
Can you describe the symptoms? When I start the navigation, it sits on a wait screen. I've only had a few quick drives and not much time to fiddle with it since I picked it up yesterday. Don't know if it just needs to sync and update with Car-Net or something else.

·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your Navigation is broken, just like mine. Still no answer on how VW is going to fix it. By the way be careful, without the Navigation, some of the safety features don't work. They seem to be tied to the same module.

·
Proud FE owner
1,196 Posts
Your Navigation is broken, just like mine. Still no answer on how VW is going to fix it. By the way be careful, without the Navigation, some of the safety features don't work. They seem to be tied to the same module.
Thanks for your reply.

·
Proud FE owner
1,196 Posts
Which was your dealership? When I reach out to my service manager, I'll share so he can piggyback with VW.

·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No, they told me they are working on it. They have been working on it since Saturday with direct contact with VW Tech & Engineering departments. This morning they loaded a new software program. Results, still broken.
Yes, their track record proves that they don't know what they are doing.

·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@Wasyl D So what happened with your situation at the dealer? I'm currently working with mine, and it's not looking good.
VW stepped up. The Nav is finally fixed, after countless factory technicians and engineers, they concluded that the program was not downloaded at the factory. They had to write a VIN specific program, and have tech come from VW America and load it into the Nav Module. Now we are still waiting for a new VW Net Module,

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.