Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that VW is including 5 years of Car-Net but I haven’t seen anything specifically saying that we will be able to pre-heat/cool the car from the app, along with lock/unlock options with status.

·
50 Posts
I see that VW is including 5 years of Car-Net but I haven’t seen anything specifically saying that we will be able to pre-heat/cool the car from the app, along with lock/unlock options with status.
I'm really not clear what we get for free vs. what we might have to pay for...and over what time period. I didn't even notice that we get 5 years of Car-Net service. Can you point me to where it says that?

For what it's worth, the ID.3 online manual review video gave some detail on VW We Connect (free?) and We Connect Plus (paid subscription?) functions. See this link to watch. Pre-Heat/Cool and Lock/Unlock are shown as functions of WeConnect Plus. How much of this applies to US market with ID.4, I'm not sure, but I imagine all the same functions will be accessible as similar free and/or paid options.

We Connect Features (as defined for ID.3)
  • Driving Data
  • Vehicle Status
  • Vehicle Health Report
  • Parking Position
  • Service Scheduling

We Connect Plus Features (as defined for ID.3)
  • Programming Departure Times
  • Charging
  • Air Conditioning
  • Apple Music
  • TIDAL
  • Charging Stations
  • Online Map Update
  • Online Route Calculation
  • Online POI Search
  • Online Voice Control
  • Online Traffic Info
  • Parking Spaces
  • Lock & Unlock
  • Internet Radio

·
40 Posts
Given the free version of CarNet with Jettas and other models includes remote start (for models that offer that from the factory), I’d venture to say that the ability to “start” the ID.4 is probably a given. Whether or not we’ll be able to schedule preconditioning or something, is to be seen, I suppose. I sure hope so! It was one of my favorite features in my i3, being able to always have a warmed or cooled vehicle before I left for work or home.

·
50 Posts
Whether or not we’ll be able to schedule preconditioning or something, is to be seen, I suppose. I sure hope so! It was one of my favorite features in my i3, being able to always have a warmed or cooled vehicle before I left for work or home.
With ID.3 you can also schedule the a/c to come on directly inside the car, in infotainment center. Link

1 - 4 of 4 Posts