Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

VW has made the point that the ID.4 cabin is very similar to the VW Tiguan. This has been repeated by many journalists and others.

I am interested if anyone knows if the ID.4 can drop the right front seat back down in a forward direction producing a fairly flat surface that is 8 feet, 3 inches long from glove box front to the rear hatch, I can in my 2012 Tiguan. This surface is slightly over 30 inches wide at the narrowest. I have found this configuration to be valuable a number of times.

·
189 Posts
No, but it should have been designed that way, although I prefer the 40% split rear seat back to be on the driver's side as in the ID.

·
Happy owner of a blue ID.4 FE
687 Posts
The fold forward passenger seat is one thing I miss from our Honda Fit. It is only mitigated by the significantly larger size of the ID4, and in part by the ski hatch passthrough which keeps long lumber in the middle between the front seats.

·
189 Posts
Back when times were a lot tougher, I spent every other night for 18 months in a 1984 Honda Civic Wagon working 200 miles out-of-town--two on, one off, seven days a week. It had the best implementation of fold flat--completely flat--seats ever. I had an air mattress in there just right, mirror tint all the way around, and still had plenty of room for the essentials. We almost had our son on that bed on a Super Bowl Sunday, made it to the ER just in the nick of time for him to be born in the ER. I bought a 2007 Fit in 2006 hoping those seats were like the '84 Civic Wagon. Close, but not quite.

·
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S
4 Posts
In my Subaru forester, I can move the passenger seat all the way forward, then recline the seat to the max for a mostly flat area. Wondering if the ID.4 will do this?

·
167 Posts
That looks like the 1st gen Tiguan - I think most of the comparisons are between the ID.4 and the current generation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts