Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize its early, but would like to kick this thread off as the rumor mill for Canadian availability. Thread stays active until the first Canadian ID4 possession photo gets posted! Last I heard availability will be mid Summer, but with the microchip and covid situations I wouldn't be surprised if it were closer to September/October. With Chattanooga still over a year away from production, I assume the first year of Canadian production will be delivered via Zwickau.

·
141 Posts
Pricing and specs are to be released April 7. It will be available only in Ontario, BC and Quebec initially.

·
257 Posts
Hey @durden and @YowVil, Volkswagen Canada finally announced pricing, specs and a launch timeline/release date.

What do you guys think? What is pricing like for you after federal, provincial and local tax credits?

·
311 Posts
I realize its early, but would like to kick this thread off as the rumor mill for Canadian availability. Thread stays active until the first Canadian ID4 possession photo gets posted! Last I heard availability will be mid Summer, but with the microchip and covid situations I wouldn't be surprised if it were closer to September/October. With Chattanooga still over a year away from production, I assume the first year of Canadian production will be delivered via Zwickau.
Yeah those initial batch of ID.4's should be coming from Europe before the Chattanooga plant opens production.

·
141 Posts
Hey @durden and @YowVil, Volkswagen Canada finally announced pricing, specs and a launch timeline/release date.

What do you guys think? What is pricing like for you after federal, provincial and local tax credits?
I'm very surprised by the Canadian pricing. It's much better than I was expecting. If I would have known this last year I would not have bought a new car then. As it stands now though, I won't be buying an ID4 for a while. Though what I really want is the smaller ID3.

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Unfortunately being in AB its going to be a least a year before there is any availability. Provincial tax credits could be minimal so at that time I'll have to decide between the next gen Tiguan, ID4 or other depending on final pricing. I'd like to go electric, but I also need to retrofit my garage for charging and it doesn't appear that our provincial government is going to provide any incentives (at least not the current one). Either way I'm forced to wait and watch....

·
8 Posts
I'm quite happily surprised by the pricing announced. I thought it would be $50k+ CDN for the ID.4.

I'm also from Alberta, I think it's okay to wait and watch. Too many things are at play right now (leading edge of technology, software bugs, increased competition, current government incentives, charger availability for long distance travels). I'm prepared to sit back for a few years while the dust settles a bit.

·
141 Posts
It seems the ID.4 has disappeared from vw.ca. I wonder what they are updating

Edit. It's back now

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm quite happily surprised by the pricing announced. I thought it would be $50k+ CDN for the ID.4.

I'm also from Alberta, I think it's okay to wait and watch. Too many things are at play right now (leading edge of technology, software bugs, increased competition, current government incentives, charger availability for long distance travels). I'm prepared to sit back for a few years while the dust settles a bit.
Yup, I agree, this was also my thought. I suspect like most first year VWs they will come out with many more options for the second year and especially once Chattanooga ramps up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts