Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 19 of 197 Posts

453 Posts
Due to lucky circumstances I ended up communicating with a VW dealership owner and he said VW will be opening up reservations on Oct 10th, I believe there is an earlier window Oct. 3rd for those who expressed interest previously. Not sure how one expresses interest earlier, maybe just be registering online.
My dealer her in BC said they (dealers) can put their orders in a few days before the portal opens for the general public. He has a list of 780-or-so customer (he fields about 20 emails a day about ID4s) orders for MY23 and has everyone's info collected on color, trims etc.... He advised that I don't put another order through at the time the portal as he handles it prior. Hope it pans out as such seeing that I am #19 on this "list". Fingers crossed

453 Posts
780 orders? LOL. Sure he does. where's that eye roll emoji???

I've talked to 8 dealers in the GTA area and they are all full of Sh-t. They know nothing and talk out of their butts. The only dealer that gave me accurate info after 1.5 yrs is Waterloo. I knew all of the details of what was going on from my HQ contact 3 months ago and the Waterloo guys are the only people who gave a straight and accurate answer. It became an ongoing joke to see which dealer would give a honest answer. The worst was Bramgate. Just stringing people along. I was pretty confident over a year ago nobody, or very few people were going to get a car. My HQ contact told me so. He was really pissed at the way VW has handled this. Even going forward, the online ordering will just direct you to a dealership. The only thing is, HQ is going to crack down on dealerships that are jerking people around by overcharging. Just know that when it comes time to collect your car.

If you want to be notified of the Oct 3rd opening of the portal sign up online on their website. Yes the previous people waiting have been given priority before that date. Then they will make the ordering completely public.

You Ontario people are so funny. (sarcasm font). Not everything revolves around the GTA. Bro. EV market is completely different in BC. Wait, you're the "my buddy at BMW" guy, right? Didn't you give up on an ID4 already? Exactly.

453 Posts
Wow. You are really invested in the ID4 aren’t you? You bashed the Q4, and went on and on about how bad Kias and Hyundais are. You take things so personally and act like there’s no other options. Guy, It’s just a car. Loosen your tighty whities.

YES there are a lot of good alternatives to the ID4. Get over it. And yes, I’m just trying to give people on here reasonable information/timelines and not give them wild speculation.
Are you like this in other forums of cars you don't intend to buy? #badbreakup

453 Posts
Feel free to stop personally attacking me.
Feel free to let others make their purchases without hating. It's their money to do with as they please, right? You aren't buying an ID4 so you aren't on the playing field. This isnt a "personal attack", it's a request. Don't confuse the two. This is the internet, I never take things personal. It's unfortunate that you do. But if it makes you feel better, this will be my last post to acknowledge you now that I found the ignore option. ✌

453 Posts
Thanks for the info. I had a lengthy chat with my dealer today and here is some info to you add to your points

1) - exactly what I was told
2) - didn't talk of demo vehicles, but my dealer has a 2022 White AWD Pro S and they aren't selling it. Strictly for test drives. I've driven it twice.
3) - exactly what I was told except that the US Arctic Blue is the same as the Canadian Ice Grey Metallic
4) - didn't talk about this
5) - didn't talk about this
6) - exactly same info - 12mths wait minimum is what he is setting expectations. Anything less will be a bonus
7) - yes. You change your order once placed and additional delays are on you.

453 Posts
I was just reviewing our purchase agreement and noted there is a 5-year wheel and tire warranty for $595 added to our agreement. Has anyone else seen this on their contract? I requested it be removed and was told that was not possible but they could reduce it to 1-year for $295.

I then made a call to VW Canada to file a complaint, and they informed me that they do not interfere with dealerships and their sales processes.

The entire episode has me frustrated. It's only $295, but I feel it's unethical and underhanded. I don't understand why a dealer wants to upset a customer, especially one who has been waiting nearly a year for a car.
What Dealer? Let's put them on blast

453 Posts
If I was in this spot, I'd get a MY23. More kinks are worked out year after year..... For the 360 cam, once you have a vehicle with it, you'll never want one without it. That feature alone is why I never bothered ordering a 22.

That said, this is your call 100% and everyone values features and wait time differently.

453 Posts
What are the reasons?
From what I saw the major sticking points were charging infrastructure, extra times (days sometimes on massive road trips) needed for road trips to hunt for a charger and charge, electricity costs creeping up, brown-outs. Also touched on rising cost of electricity + cost of new EVs are so expensive that buyers never recover the switch to an EV if coming from a comparable ICE vehicle. Rebates nuked by Biden were also brought up. I saw it on youtube a few days back

453 Posts
I found it. The facts are between 2012 and 2015 plug-in car(PEV) owners were surveyed in California and 20% said their next car would be ICE. You sure are loose with the facts so might just want to sit back and learn from this site and not spread rumors like this is Facebook or something.
Where? Show me that facts/video and stop yelling at your keyboard, Oscar the grouch.

1 - 19 of 197 Posts