Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

3 Posts
Reason it happens with Hyundai is because they have non refundable deposit, that too 3k.

I went to test drive it before I ordered id4, it ended up horrible experience from dealer's end. At that time they told me I have to pay 3k non refundable deposit to book it. According to them they are doing it because many people book it and never take delivery so hyundai want to deliver confirmed orders only. Which kind of makes sense to me as long as they don't raise the price.
Actual pre-order deposits where available up until mid January. It was possible directly through the Hyundai Canada website and at dealers. Since mid January, dealers have their own waiting lists, but it isn’t an actual pre-order deposit with Hyundai. The deposit with Hyundai is 500$ and fully refundable.

3 Posts
That's exactly what Kia and Hyundai did. They stopped taking orders. And the Brantford Kia owner said they are quickly sorting through the old reservations from March and April of last yr. He also said what I mentioned awhile ago, that losing the American rebate is going to benefit Canada very soon. Production for Canada is going up. Which puts even more pressure on VW.
Browsing the Ioniq 5 forums and tracking spreadsheet shows they are currently at around late October early November 2021 orders.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts