Volkswagen ID Forum banner
181 - 200 of 228 Posts

·
On order ID4 Pro AWD
107 Posts
Just got a text from my guy at the dealership. Here's what he learned this morning:

"I have a new update for you due to the micro chip shortage the factory is closed for a week. Suppose to get a big shipment of micro chips in a week I will let you know when it is back up and running."

So apparently there are now 2 confirmations of the factory being closed for the coming week.
Thanks for the update. These delays are very frustrating as I was counting on having my vehicle this month. But it’s nice to get info and not be left in the dark.

·
27 Posts
I paid deposit April 11 shortly after I discovered that we can order it in Canada, but I don't know when the dealer would have ACTUALLY ordered from VW. They told me September ETA, and I never bugged them again until last week, so then this week they gave me the info including VIN. I'm assume that if I had checked earlier, then a VIN would have been available to provide but it doesn't mean much to me.
Mine Looked like this on the screen:

Order Created - 4/21
Factory Submitted - 5/20
Frozen to Changes - 6/28
Production Week - 3021
Production Complete - 9/6
Ship Departure

:)

·
ID.4 Pro RWD (no Statement)
8 Posts
Mine Looked like this on the screen:

Order Created - 4/21
Factory Submitted - 5/20
Frozen to Changes - 6/28
Production Week - 3021
Production Complete - 9/6
Ship Departure

:)
Looks like ordered around the same time frame. Did you order AWD?

Apparently, mine actually stated "Dartmouth, Nova Scotia" as the last location. Similar to when we track a UPS or FedEx package. They can't commit to a Vancouver ETA but said my car is on its way from there.

I don't think it's that granular of a system to track which cities the train is stopping and unloading/loading cross country. Though, I'm confident the rail shipping company will know, but it's most likely not hooked into whatever system the dealer has for tracking it.

·
27 Posts
Looks like ordered around the same time frame. Did you order AWD?

Apparently, mine actually stated "Dartmouth, Nova Scotia" as the last location. Similar to when we track a UPS or FedEx package. They can't commit to a Vancouver ETA but said my car is on its way from there.

I don't think it's that granular of a system to track which cities the train is stopping and unloading/loading cross country. Though, I'm confident the rail shipping company will know, but it's most likely not hooked into whatever system the dealer has for tracking it.
Naw, RWD - as I wanted to get it faster as well as keeping all the credits.

·
13 Posts
Guess all those grain cars coming out of the Prairies must be slowing everything else down, but at least you know it’s on its way. Hopefully I’ll get mine before Spring. At least I can wait until next year to get snow tires.

·
13 Posts
Talked to VW Victoria this morning, and asked when I could expect my order to be locked in. He replied: “once you have test-driven a demo, which we expect in the coming month or two”, which was something I wasn’t told when I placed my AWD order July 27th. Factory order lock-in is unlikely for “many months” due to shortages. He did say VW Canada has told them nothing, so their information is coming from the same news releases we all see. I was told December-January for my order, so I’m wondering what that will translate to.

·
28 Posts
Yah I was told, about a month ago, by a dealer here in Toronto that demo cars will be avail in late November or early December. It would be great to see the Ioniq 5 and it's prices around the same time. For me the Mach E isn't in the running as they didn't price it to get the rebate. And the Ariya? That seemed to disappear of the face of the earth.

·
9 Posts
Yah I was told, about a month ago, by a dealer here in Toronto that demo cars will be avail in late November or early December. It would be great to see the Ioniq 5 and it's prices around the same time. For me the Mach E isn't in the running as they didn't price it to get the rebate. And the Ariya? That seemed to disappear of the face of the earth.
I’m in the Montreal suburb and and a week ago I’ve been told by the dealer
the were expecting the demos mid october. Unlikely since no delivery to Halifax port have been seen yet.

·
6 Posts
For those of you who have taken delivery, or your delivery is imminent, I have a question about the $5k Federal Government rebate. The government site says that the dealer will deduct the rebate from the after-tax price "at point of sale", fill out the paperwork, and then the rebate will be sent to dealer. Although my delivery is slated for December/January, my dealer says that they will fill out all the paperwork, give it to me, and then I will have to file for the rebate and the payment will be sent to me.
Which is correct, or are both ways possible?

·
On order: Pro S RWD | Silver | Lunar Grey
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #191 · (Edited)
Looks like the SIEM Aristotle may be sailing shortly, the tanker ship ( alliantie) that was along side has now departed and I see a tug moving towards its location.

edit: Nope not moving

·
ID.4 Pro RWD (no Statement)
8 Posts
For those of you who have taken delivery, or your delivery is imminent, I have a question about the $5k Federal Government rebate. The government site says that the dealer will deduct the rebate from the after-tax price "at point of sale", fill out the paperwork, and then the rebate will be sent to dealer. Although my delivery is slated for December/January, my dealer says that they will fill out all the paperwork, give it to me, and then I will have to file for the rebate and the payment will be sent to me.
Which is correct, or are both ways possible?
Dealer takes care of it all and deducted at point of sale. You just sign the paperwork.

·
On order: Pro S RWD | Silver | Lunar Grey
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #195 ·
For real this time. SIEM Aristotle has left Emden this morning and is due in Halifax October 16. Draught went from 8m to 9.5m.

·
28 Posts
Ove on ID.insider there are several people saying that they've been told that their AWD ID4s are in transit. So I'm wondering when the dealers are going to get their demo cars.

·
15 Posts
Just heard from my VW guy that the Zwickau factory was up and running again as of last Thursday, after their delay of microchips.

Still no update on the Sept. 30 production deadline for my AWD Pro though....so no idea where it might be in the production line. FWIW, my "factory submitted date" was May 20, 2021

181 - 200 of 228 Posts