Volkswagen ID Forum banner
201 - 220 of 228 Posts

·
4 Posts
I spoke with a GM at Vancouver VW dealerships and I got some very different information regarding production.

Was told RWD production is being cut, and I was told that if I wait for my RWD model i could be looking at extended delays well into next year - apparently AWD models are coming in faster.

Despite the confusion, its nice to be getting some more info on my order - finally have been given a production date, (early November) and a COMM number ...

I ordered in July/August so I'm likely well behind many people.

·
26 Posts
I spoke with a GM at Vancouver VW dealerships and I got some very different information regarding production.

Was told RWD production is being cut, and I was told that if I wait for my RWD model i could be looking at extended delays well into next year - apparently AWD models are coming in faster.
It sounds like they are prioritizing the more premium and profitable trim level (AWD). Good news for the folks waiting on the AWD model, as they've been on hold for quite some time while the RWD model was being pushed out.

·
6 Posts
ID.4's started to arrive today in Quebec!

·
On order: Pro S RWD | Silver | Lunar Grey
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #206 ·
Cool, wonder what software version they are running at delivery.

·
On order ID4 Pro AWD
107 Posts
Cool, wonder what software version they are running at delivery.
Yeah, I was wondering this, too. I remember reading that all iD4 vehicles made after week 28 (mid July) would have software version 2.3 - but from what I see on the boards here with US customers taking delivery of AWD iD4 in the last week or two that doesn't seem to be the case for everyone.

·
9 Posts
Anybody seen anything as it relates to the Wi-Fi hotspot for Canadian customers? Can’t seem to find anything (carrier, pricing etc). Thx

·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #218 ·
36 ID4s listed on Clarkdale/Vancouver VW's inventory website (not sure what this means, or if it's phantom/customer inventory): https://www.vancouvervolkswagen.com/new-vehicles/id-4/
Those mean nothing, just them listing vehicles to attract buyers. Not that they really need it as they have far more orders than what the supply chain can deliver. People are looking at easily 6-9 months wait at this time. It will get better when Chattanooga goes live but overall parts shortage will most likely still impact production for all car manufacturers.

·
27 Posts
So what it's worth... those in the video are from the same boat that arrived Sept 14 ... ACTUALLY arrived to dealer Oct 17 .. guess it's 1 month via grain car to move from Halifax to YVR ... man, that's a lott'a grain and OIL in the way!! o_O

·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #220 ·
So what it's worth... those in the video are from the same boat that arrived Sept 14 ... ACTUALLY arrived to dealer Oct 17 .. guess it's 1 month via grain car to move from Halifax to YVR ... man, that's a lott'a grain and OIL in the way!! o_O
Those were held at the autoport depots and only released to dealerships in bc and qc on the official launch day last week. Vehicles from the late September bishu highway are arriving at dealerships now so around 3 weeks. And even those may have been delayed due to the official launch date. I would say less than 3 weeks from Halifax to local west coast dealerships.

Abbotsford today…

ID. Insider

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood

201 - 220 of 228 Posts