Volkswagen ID Forum banner
2301 - 2320 of 2407 Posts

·
434 Posts
I've heard that some of the Canadian dealers will be receiving their MY 2023 Demonstration units in January .

Hopefully customer delivery will follow.
Demos were slated for early Dec but I could see a delay until Jan. Why not. VW Canada is staying committed to missing every timeline. Believe me, any information coming from dealers about deliveries is BS.

·
37 Posts
Demos were slated for early Dec but I could see a delay until Jan. Why not. VW Canada is staying committed to missing every timeline. Believe me, any information coming from dealers about deliveries is BS.
I thought the December date was optimistic, as i expected delivery of cars to Americans, before the expiry of tax credit at year end was a priority. Also manufacturing of vehicles with the statement package just started recently so shipping time made December delivery to dealers unreasonable.

·
922 Posts
Thank you all for the tips!

If I make an order on the VW website now, does it guarantee me the current price?
I suspect not.
Nope, it will be decided on the day of the delivery.
I ordered MY2021 in Feb 2022, it got converted to MY22 and then MY23, base price has gone up by 3k, standard heat pump was removed (Now $1500 option), interest rates have gone up by 3%. Base screen size went up from 7" to 10". Center console has changed. Some Features like auto parking, memory parking and auto lane change have been added. Interior/Exterior colors have been changed. So, you will know what features/price you will get when you have your car in hand.

·
37 Posts
I have to say I was really excited when I first put in my deposit Oct 2021.
Then I went online and watched every single videos about ID.4 in English and Chinese.
I have then consumed all above video by around March 2021.
I then started going on ebay, Taobao and Pinduoduo to look for accessories.
My mat, side moudling and weatherstrips is about to arrive in Vancouver.
Then came the round of new information for 2023 model in August.
That got me pretty pump up for 2 more months.

Fast forward to Nov 2022, I have found that there's really not much left that can keep me excited on this downward spiral.
I search on youtube once a week for videos and then come here regularly but there really isn't much left that still excites me.
Compare to VW USA, VW Canada just sucks in managing customer expectation.

·
434 Posts
I thought the December date was optimistic, as i expected delivery of cars to Americans, before the expiry of tax credit at year end was a priority. Also manufacturing of vehicles with the statement package just started recently so shipping time made December delivery to dealers unreasonable.
Yes, production has prioritized American cars but Canadian production of Canadian models started over 2 months ago. So go figure. We haven't seen 2023 customer cars or demos in Canada yet.

·
434 Posts
Then I went online and watched every single videos about ID.4 in English and Chinese.

Fast forward to Nov 2022, I have found that there's really not much left that can keep me excited on this downward spiral.
I search on youtube once a week for videos and then come here regularly but there really isn't much left that still excites me.
Just to put things into perspective for you, VW HQ isn't in control of this situation. Sure their management of expectation has been bad, but I would suggest that the rug has been pulled on them several times over the past couple yrs eps recently. Having said this, it could very well flip in the opposite direction soon given the currency shifts, Americans losing their rebate, rapidly slowing car sales, interest rates still moving up. Bond markets say another 1% higher from here....

·
37 Posts
Will the plant be building Canadian destined cars in batches? For the cars with the Canada only heat pumps and 8 way power seats, I think, from a efficiency point of view they will do batch production runs.

This brings up the question will they have adequate supplies of the heat pump to satisfy Canadian orders?

·
2,162 Posts
Will the plant be building Canadian destined cars in batches? For the cars with the Canada only heat pumps and 8 way power seats, I think, from a efficiency point of view they will do batch production runs.

This brings up the question will they have adequate supplies of the heat pump to satisfy Canadian orders?
I am not aware that we are building any with heat pumps.

·
37 Posts
It was already announced that Canadian production had started I'd be shocked none of them have heat pumps. Once it starts, it's a continuous production isn't it? Meaning they don't run them in "batches" do they?
Scheduling the Canadian Pro RWD model in the regular production flow should be straightforward, take an American Pro RWD set metric toggle in software load, install bilingual labels, and substitute heated steering wheel for regular, ship to Canada.

Statement package requires a few substitutions to a Pro S model and Scheduling delivery of Canadian spec seat from parts suppliers.

Heat pump will require plant engineers to confirm assembly details. Training of production staff will be required. Production of the cars with heat pumps present some Scheduling challenges, due to supply availability of the European provided heat pumps and trained staff on the production line.

Hopefully the planners have ordered adequate number of heat pumps to supply the Canadian orders.

·
24 Posts

I went through the same kind of thing as you, except I have 2 cars ordered in the same hopeless situation... A Toyota Sienna and the ID4.

·
48 Posts
Thanks VW HQ, they made us to return back to our childhood times who waited Chistmas present with such high hopes, I feel like that, As usual most of the times instead of my dream toy as a Chistmas present, I received a pair of trousers, such a dissapointment for a kid. Now each time I read the forum something negative comes out.Totally lost my hopes that I will be receiving ID 4 soon.

·
9 Posts
I just placed my order on the VW online portal. I called the selected dealer a few hours after, but they couldn't find the file, but said not to worry just wait now. I just want to make sure that they submit the order to VW and the order doesn't lay forgotten somewhere. How can I verify that the order is in the proper queue? Do I get access to some VW portal?

The deposit was taken from my credit card.

·
24 Posts
I just placed my order on the VW online portal. I called the selected dealer a few hours after, but they couldn't find the file, but said not to worry just wait now. I just want to make sure that they submit the order to VW and the order doesn't lay forgotten somewhere. How can I verify that the order is in the proper queue? Do I get access to some VW portal?

The deposit was taken from my credit card.
Basically nothing will officially happen until you have a signed bill of sale with the dealership. So stay on top of them and make sure they get that to you. Also, carefully check the bill of sale provided, it will likely be different (admin fees, dealer add-ons) than what was shown in the VW portal.

2301 - 2320 of 2407 Posts