Volkswagen ID Forum banner
2321 - 2340 of 2402 Posts

·
9 Posts
Basically nothing will officially happen until you have a signed bill of sale with the dealership. So stay on top of them and make sure they get that to you. Also, carefully check the bill of sale provided, it will likely be different (admin fees, dealer add-ons) than what was shown in the VW portal.
That bill of sale is done at the time of delivery? Does that mean the deposit just sits with the dealer and it's up to them to submit the orders or not in any order they like?

·
24 Posts
That bill of sale is done at the time of delivery? Does that mean the deposit just sits with the dealer and it's up to them to submit the orders or not in any order they like?
No, bill of sale is at the time of ordering. You haven't actually ordered anything despite putting a deposit in the portal. The dealership needs to make up the actual order and put it in the system. In the end, it's no different than if you just went to the dealership to place your order.

·
36 Posts
The deposit is with the dealer. They should email you a receipt and a link to the vw site that indicates your order is locked. They may also provide a guess on the wait time for delivery, expect something of the order 0f 18 to 24 months.

·
922 Posts
Anyone know of Black Friday deals on wall chargers suitable for the ID 4 here in Canada ?
I dont own Emporia EV charger yet but its on top of my list. I don't think there is any deal on Emporia EV charger but their rates are very competitive. For 729 you get smart EV charger vs 650ish for dumb Grizzl-e charger so Emporia is no Brainer as per me. They are UL certified, weather rated and cable stays flexible in extreme cold.

Also when you are buying 50-60k car, spend 100-200 extra and get the charger you like. Look at state of charge channel, they have amazing, detailed reviews.

All the best for your search.

·
16 Posts
I dont own Emporia EV charger yet but its on top of my list. I don't think there is any deal on Emporia EV charger but their rates are very competitive. For 729 you get smart EV charger vs 650ish for dumb Grizzl-e charger so Emporia is no Brainer as per me. They are UL certified, weather rated and cable stays flexible in extreme cold.

Also when you are buying 50-60k car, spend 100-200 extra and get the charger you like. Look at state of charge channel, they have amazing, detailed reviews.

All the best for your search.
This is the one I'm planning to get as well, when my car is finally close to arriving in Spring 2023 (maybe :rolleyes:). The Smart features seem a lot more polished than on the Grizzl-E Smart which is $700, so only $29 cheaper. You can enter your local utility rate, and it lets you see the cost of each charge and the charging current over time in the app, if you're into nerdy stats like that (I am :)). Subjectively, it also looks nicer than the Grizzl-E.

·
922 Posts
This is the one I'm planning to get as well, when my car is finally close to arriving in Spring 2023 (maybe :rolleyes:). The Smart features seem a lot more polished than on the Grizzl-E Smart which is $700, so only $29 cheaper. You can enter your local utility rate, and it lets you see the cost of each charge and the charging current over time in the app, if you're into nerdy stats like that (I am :)). Subjectively, it also looks nicer than the Grizzl-E.
Yeah, I guess it's not just me or you, all Canadians love stats :geek:. ID4 has issues with scheduled charging so dumb charger makes no sense to me at this point, just lower electricity rates will save you more than the cost difference with in couple of years. As I already stated, even if it's difference of few hundred bucks, it's better to go with the charger you like and with better features, It's less than a month of fuel cost in ICE vehicle.

I just got an appointment for Updating my panel from 100A to 200A on January 12th. Before that I will have to buy a charger, so that charger installation can be Certified by ESA inspector when he comes to certify the panel upgrade. That certificate is required when you let your insurance company know about the home charger.

I will see if I find anything better than Emporia till the end of 2022 else it will be my first purchase in 2023. I contacted Emporia support a couple of times and found it to be amazing.

·
922 Posts
I'm thinking of the Mustart portable L2 EVSE. We go camping/glamping a few times and more and more campsites have power hookups. Still up in the air and I'm still researching them.
Ha ha, if not the car then we guys can feel satisfied looking at the charger:ROFLMAO:. Weather it's ID4 or any other EV, we will need charger and it's always good to be prepared.

By the way is Mustart UL certified? Let's see if L1 charger is included with our cars or we will get giftcard from VW. If I get Giftcard, I will definitely go with VW portable charger, just to be on safe side and also because it supports both L1 and L2 charging. I think at some point I will surely buy some portable charger which can support both L1 and L2 charging.

·
7 Posts
I swear I saw a white 2023 id4 with statement package and black or glass roof in north Burnaby headed towards Vancouver. It had both illuminated front and rear strips and vw logos, which I believe the rear illumination is new for 2023.

·
3 Posts
Thanks MTL
I did as you said , bought a Emporia wall charger and price matched with BB at Home Depot
Just need the car now

Kind of reminds you of opening xmas gift only to find out it needs batteries before you can play with it
Only the other way round, got charger, but no car to play with :)

·
9 Posts
No, bill of sale is at the time of ordering. You haven't actually ordered anything despite putting a deposit in the portal. The dealership needs to make up the actual order and put it in the system. In the end, it's no different than if you just went to the dealership to place your order.
I placed my deposit online last week. I talked to the dealership today and they assured me that everything is ok with my order, now it is just wait. I asked them about a bill of sale. They just provided me with a six digit number and said not to worry everything looks good on their side.
Does that mean they are sitting on it and not submitting the order to VW?
They said I can use the 6 digit number to check the status with VW. Is there a portal for that?
I am worried that my order will be delayed because of the dealership. Is this normal or should I look for another dealer?

Thanks!

·
36 Posts
I placed my deposit online last week. I talked to the dealership today and they assured me that everything is ok with my order, now it is just wait. I asked them about a bill of sale. They just provided me with a six digit number and said not to worry everything looks good on their side.
Does that mean they are sitting on it and not submitting the order to VW?
They said I can use the 6 digit number to check the status with VW. Is there a portal for that?
I am worried that my order will be delayed because of the dealership. Is this normal or should I look for another dealer?

Thanks!
I did everything on line and never visited the dealership. They send me an email with a link to the vw portal "view my deal". So you may want to get more information from the dealership on how to access the portal.

You will not get a bill of sale until the car is delivered,

Did the dealership give an estimate wait time?

2321 - 2340 of 2402 Posts