Volkswagen ID Forum banner
2401 - 2420 of 2835 Posts

126 Posts
LOL I just drove by there last night. I waved, didn't you see me? :ROFLMAO:

Good to hear from Peon about the heat pump. I thought that info was off. My contact at HQ told me production was going months ago. I'm a little surprised we haven't seen demos yet but my information might be off by 2 or 3 weeks. I think Jan and into Feb will shift things substantially. My guess is late Feb will show more accurate delivery info.

A family member is buying a new Subaru and I had a chance to ask about the Solterra... the sales guy said the wait is 2 yrs. HAHAH.
Your contact know anything about a software update for Canadians?!

507 Posts
I checked in with a few EV dealerships a couple of months ago too, generally same sentiment from Hyundai (Ioniq 5, Genesis GV60, even KONA!), Kea (EV6), even the higher-end Audi/Volvo variants -- all new orders are realistically 2 years out in Ontario. Most aren't even taking new orders anymore because the timelines are so far out. I got the vibe that Ford Mach-E might be available sooner but not personally interested.

Reading between the lines, guessing they're all suffering from similar component shortages, and/or similar misallocation of shipments to Canada vs US.
The US, because of their strong dollar, has been gobbling up most of the orders for all OEMs but everything is rapidly shifting. Interest rates are just starting to impact the auto sector and the loss of the American rebate will completely change the picture for countries other than Canada.

Also, the BOC in announcing another rate hike tomorrow. Probably 0.5% and the Fed will follow. 2023 is going to be a real grind imo. Inflation has been really slow to react to the interest rate hikes and that means rates will stay high for a lot longer than people think.

6 Posts
New member here, used to be in read only mode ;)

I have an interesting update - I had put the deposit this October, and late last week my salesperson (Southern Ontario) reached out to me saying that there is now a VW order number associated with my reservation (a 6-character alphanumeric value).

There's no way to use Volksclik to query order by it's status though, as it seems like it's a relatively simple solution, that has dealership as its backend data provider; it doesn't seem to be properly integrated with VW's own ERP system.

67 Posts
I checked in with a few EV dealerships a couple of months ago too, generally same sentiment from Hyundai (Ioniq 5, Genesis GV60, even KONA!), Kea (EV6), even the higher-end Audi/Volvo variants -- all new orders are realistically 2 years out in Ontario. Most aren't even taking new orders anymore because the timelines are so far out. I got the vibe that Ford Mach-E might be available sooner but not personally interested.

Reading between the lines, guessing they're all suffering from similar component shortages, and/or similar misallocation of shipments to Canada vs US.
I think the common issue is battery supply, it is taking longer to ramp up capacity than the manufacturers expected.

I just checked the delivery time for a Tesla model 3 is one month and a model Y is 3 months. I take this as increasing interest rate resulting in a reduction in demand.

19 Posts
I just checked the delivery time for a Tesla model 3 is one month and a model Y is 3 months.
I've been keeping an eye on Tesla Model 3 delivery timelines in Ontario since 2020ish, it has been fairly steady the whole time (1-2 months range). I guess that's the benefit of having a decade+ of EV production head start over other manufacturers. Hope everyone else will get there eventually.

21 Posts

Indeed, I performed a similar survey of local dealerships in Montreal QC. The only vendor whose lead time is currently not in the 18-24 month range is Tesla, which has inventory vehicles available for immediate delivery and custom factory orders within 3 months.

Too bad the Model Y is so expensive now, otherwise it would be a very attractive option - perhaps the most attractive.

9 Posts
I've been keeping an eye on Tesla Model 3 delivery timelines in Ontario since 2020ish, it has been fairly steady the whole time (1-2 months range). I guess that's the benefit of having a decade+ of EV production head start over other manufacturers. Hope everyone else will get there eventually.
Currently in BC Tesla has 16 new 3's, including 3 2023 long range awd and 15 new Y's available for immediate delivery with zero wait. I haven't seen this much inventory in at least 18 months on the west coast.

507 Posts
A kia sales guy, who clearly had been around for a long time, said to me 2 weeks ago, that dealers are told to give the worst case scenario to customers now. “Take it with a grain of salt” he said. He’s seen this kind of thing before. He told me Kia isn't officially submitting orders or fulfilling them so not until they open the ordering book will HQ and the dealers know what the delivery times are. Prior to shutting down orders he said cars were coming in around 12 months.

He also said what I've been warning for awhile, the interest rate hikes are going to kill a lot of orders. Nice guy. I like it when guys give you a no BS answer. He said call me back in mid Jan and see where things are.

9 Posts
Good afternoon all.
I put in my order and deposit December 20 2021 at Humberview VW near Toronto.
I dropped in just two times for an update which didn’t help. (No fault of Humberview)
November 30 2022 right out of the blue, they called and said my car was just delivered to them. I couldn’t believe it. I picked it up this morning.
Mythos black AWD Pro S with lunar.
There is light at the end of the Canadian tunnel.
Loving the car so far!!
The people there were great.
Wheel Sky Vehicle Tire Car

8 Posts
Good afternoon all.
I dropped in just two times for an update which didn’t help. (No fault of Humberview)
November 30 2022 right out of the blue, they called and said my car was just delivered to them. I couldn’t believe it. I picked it up this morning.
Loving the car so far!!
View attachment 18407
Congratulations! Is that a Germany Or USA built I.D.4?

23 Posts
I just received a call from my VW dealer, He told me that I was one of few that will receive the car in the next 30 days or so. They will have a fewer than 12 cars coming in and for some reason my name was on it. It is for a 2023 ID.4 AWD Pro (non S), heat pump, glass roof, 20" wheels. I placed my order early this year. Now that it is coming I am preparing on where to get car loan on a lower rate and should I get extra warranty?

inputs?

12 Posts
I just received a call from my VW dealer, He told me that I was one of few that will receive the car in the next 30 days or so. They will have a fewer than 12 cars coming in and for some reason my name was on it. It is for a 2023 ID.4 AWD Pro (non S), heat pump, glass roof, 20" wheels. I placed my order early this year. Now that it is coming I am preparing on where to get car loan on a lower rate and should I get extra warranty?

inputs?
I will not be taking the extra warranty when my chance comes, not sure about a loan but I would try your bank. I ordered originally Nov. 2021 at Vancouver VW and whenever I ask they say they'll know more next month. Can I ask when you put your order in?

117 Posts
I also picked up my ID this week.

Beautiful car, lots of fun, planted, quick, was totally overwhelmed with all the tech. But it's home and the whole front end is fully PPF'd so I'm content. The dealership was amazing, and I couldn't be happier. I got the Muddy buddy trunk Liner and 3DMaxpider mats and I'm very happy with them.

2022-German built ID4 with 3.1.0 software, non statement
Ordered July 2021
Built/Completed Sept 1 2022
Left port beginning of Nov
Arrived in Halifax Nov.13/14
Arrived at dealer Nov. 28/29
Picked up 05 Dec.

I did notice that 2023s have begun to arrive on lots this week as well which is great news for everyone

I haven't had a chance to snap any good pics, so here it is on the day it got off truck!

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

21 Posts
Hopefully! Though now I'm worried the dealer screwed up my order somehow, since several people on the forum who ordered after me have already gotten their vehicles in the last few weeks. Not in Quebec though - not sure if that matters.

209 Posts
Good afternoon all.
Loving the car so far!!
View attachment 18407
That’s almost exactly the car I ordered originally, except I got the brown dash/galaxy, two months after you. Except now I’ll be getting a 2023 because of that two months…

507 Posts
That’s almost exactly the car I ordered originally, except I got the brown dash/galaxy, two months after you. Except now I’ll be getting a 2023 because of that two months…
That's a beautiful colour. Kind of sad they ditched it for North America. Bank of Canada raised 0.5% just now. I expect another hike early next year. Good luck everybody. I think demand is going to slow rapidly over the next 3 months and supply is finally going to come to the Canadian market.

2401 - 2420 of 2835 Posts