Volkswagen ID Forum banner
341 - 360 of 389 Posts

·
18 Posts
Welp assuming cuz of the floods I'm assuming Vancouver folks can kiss 2021 delivery goodbye ... Anyone know if the rail network is intact at all? Prob gonna take some time to get back up and running
On the CBC Vancouver news last night they showed rail lines in the BC interior hanging in the air. No idea how bad the damage is, or where exactly the footage was shot, but my first thought was... "There goes the mid-December delivery date for my ID.4."

·
6 Posts
On the CBC Vancouver news last night they showed rail lines in the BC interior hanging in the air. No idea how bad the damage is, or where exactly the footage was shot, but my first thought was... "There goes the mid-December delivery date for my ID.4."
Yeah same here... At this point is a bit of a meme how long this is gonna take to get an ID.4

·
On order ID4 Pro AWD
145 Posts
Glad those who were stuck overnight on the highway got air lifted out to safety.
Fingers crossed they can get the roads & railway lines fixed within a week…

·
49 Posts
Called an Audi dealer today here in Toronto. Sales dude said there's a shipment of Q4's that's already landed in Canada. He said he think if I ordered now it would be 5 or 6 months.

·
On order ID4 Pro AWD
145 Posts
Called an Audi dealer today here in Toronto. Sales dude said there's a shipment of Q4's that's already landed in Canada. He said he think if I ordered now it would be 5 or 6 months.
Its a great vehicle. Love the paddles for regen, and it seems to have nicer infotainment than ID4 - but no massage seats, and it doesn’t qualify for any rebates.

·
49 Posts
Its a great vehicle. Love the paddles for regen, and it seems to have nicer infotainment than ID4 - but no massage seats, and it doesn’t qualify for any rebates.
The Mid grade Q4 is 65k. It's still 11k less than a Model Y though. But yah, the ID4 AWD statement after rebate for 53k seems to be a great deal. Even the BMW i4 RWD starts in the mid 50s so that's another option. So many delays with all of these vehicles. VW telling me the wait might be 12 months is not good.

·
28 Posts
The Mid grade Q4 is 65k. It's still 11k less than a Model Y though. But yah, the ID4 AWD statement after rebate for 53k seems to be a great deal. Even the BMW i4 RWD starts in the mid 50s so that's another option. So many delays with all of these vehicles. VW telling me the wait might be 12 months is not good.
ID4 AWD with statement is closer to 62k in Ontario. I'm at 54k with AWD/no statement with rebate and taxes and fees included

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

·
49 Posts
ID4 AWD with statement is closer to 62k in Ontario. I'm at 54k with AWD/no statement with rebate and taxes and fees included

I was comparing apples to apples. ie without taxes included. So add the taxes to the 76.3k on the Model Y if you'd like. that's 87.7k Model Y. 62k vs 87.7k. ;)

·
28 Posts
I was comparing apples to apples. ie without taxes included. So add the taxes to the 76.3k on the Model Y if you'd like. that's 87.7k Model Y. 62k vs 87.7k. ;)
Oh sorry I thought you were trying to compare a base Q4 to a loaded ID4 to see which one would be better since you'd be able to get a Q4 sooner.

I've RS and GT Etrons at dealerships and on the road if that's in your budget

I think you'll be SOL on test driving anything anytime soon, unless you take a drive down to the States where dealerships have them on lots.

·
44 Posts
If you live out on the Left Coast, we have this wonderful provincial luxury tax, which starts to kick in at $55,000. At $57,000, you are paying 12% PST on the entire cost of the vehicle, instead of 7%. GST adds five more percent, making the Audi Q4 quite a bit more. Get into a well equipped E-Tron GT or Taycan, and it hits 20%; so with the proposed 10% federal luxury tax on top of GST, you’d be looking at 35% tax. I’ll take my ID.4 AWD (whenever it comes in, that is).

·
On order: Pro S AWD | Moonstone | Lunar Grey
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #352 ·
If you live out on the Left Coast, we have this wonderful provincial luxury tax, which starts to kick in at $55,000. At $57,000, you are paying 12% PST on the entire cost of the vehicle, instead of 7%. GST adds five more percent, making the Audi Q4 quite a bit more. Get into a well equipped E-Tron GT or Taycan, and it hits 20%; so with the proposed 10% federal luxury tax on top of GST, you’d be looking at 35% tax. I’ll take my ID.4 AWD (whenever it comes in, that is).
I think you got your numbers mixed up… PST for vehicles is a listed below. A fully equipped ID.4 AWD with Statement is $61k and change all in before taxes which ends up being 10% PST and 5% GST. The RWD with statement is under $57k with PST coming in at 9%

Less than $55,0007%
$55,000—$55,999.998%
$56,000—$56,999.999%
$57,000—$124,999.9910%
$125,000—$149,999.9915%
$150,000 and over20%

on another subject, the SFL Conductor is on route to Halifax. This is likely the last ship that will carry ID.4 to be delivered this year. if you car is not on it some of you are going to take delivery of a 2021 model in 2022.

·
44 Posts
I was looking in the left hand column, so my bad. But the hit for federal luxury tax on cars over $100K is maybe going into the spring budget, so anyone thinking about ordering a luxury car could be in for a shock. I thought @SexyBeast said that cars shipping by late December will be 2022’s.

·
On order ID4 Pro AWD
145 Posts
I was looking in the left hand column, so my bad. But the hit for federal luxury tax on cars over $100K is maybe going into the spring budget, so anyone thinking about ordering a luxury car could be in for a shock. I thought @SexyBeast said that cars shipping by late December will be 2022’s.
I read somewhere a few months ago that ID4 production week 48 vehicles at Zwickau would be designated 2022 VIN. So all vehicles built after approx Dec 1, 2021 will be 2022 models.

·
On order: Pro S AWD | Moonstone | Lunar Grey
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #356 ·
Apparently it’s even later, the site below states Dec 20th for MY22. And that’s not taking into account the chip shortage so I wouldn’t be surprised to see MY21 deliveries all the way to February- March.

·
Pro S AWD | Moonstone | Lunar Grey
12 Posts
Just got some great news from my dealer here in the lower mainland today, my ID.4 (AWD Pro S) is on the ship that left Emden on Nov 18!!

Obviously due to the devastation caused by the flooding in the Fraser Valley they’re not able to guarantee a delivery date, but they’re hopeful it will be before the end of December… we’ll see!

Of course I’m more concerned about the folks who have been displaced by the floods being taken care of and people getting the food and essentials they need than I am about when my car will get here, but this was a bit of surprise good news today.

341 - 360 of 389 Posts