Volkswagen ID Forum banner
361 - 380 of 390 Posts

·
Pro S AWD | Moonstone | Lunar Grey
12 Posts
Congrats! Your sig says RWD, did you change your order at one point?
Haha, yes I caught that after I posted and updated.
I’d originally ordered a RWD with the understanding it would be delivered much sooner than AWD.

Back in October my dealership let me know that RWD production for Canada was being scaled back considerably and they couldn’t estimate when, if ever, I may actually get my vehicle as spec’d. It may have just been an upsell tactic, but after seeing reviews of the AWD model coming out I decided I wanted to upgrade anyways (especially now that AWD models are supposed to deliver sooner than RWD).

For reference I went for the “non-refundable” $3k factory-order deposit option back in June.

·
20 Posts
@Perry Rhodan I have a vin for my car - do you think that it would have to be on SFL conductor given that the shipping schedule you linked has no further Canadian deliveries this year. That is - would they bother building a car when there isn’t a ship to take it probably for a month or two?

·
On order: Pro S AWD | Moonstone | Lunar Grey
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #365 ·
Haha, yes I caught that after I posted and updated.
I’d originally ordered a RWD with the understanding it would be delivered much sooner than AWD.

Back in October my dealership let me know that RWD production for Canada was being scaled back considerably and they couldn’t estimate when, if ever, I may actually get my vehicle as spec’d. It may have just been an upsell tactic, but after seeing reviews of the AWD model coming out I decided I wanted to upgrade anyways (especially now that AWD models are supposed to deliver sooner than RWD).

For reference I went for the “non-refundable” $3k factory-order deposit option back in June.
Nice, Vancouver VW has been quite communicative in recent months with regards to availability and delivery delays.

·
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #366 · (Edited)
@Perry Rhodan I have a vin for my car - do you think that it would have to be on SFL conductor given that the shipping schedule you linked has no further Canadian deliveries this year. That is - would they bother building a car when there isn’t a ship to take it probably for a month or two?
That schedule is not complete, PWL has not released a new official one in quite a while so we're in the dark for future arrivals in Halifax. With a January delivery your vehicle is unlikely to be on the Conductor, there should be other arrivals in December for January deliveries.

You will have to reach out to your dealership for an update. A VIN means little as vehicles may sit awaiting parts for weeks, you need to get the Production Week and Production Complete date and ideally the Ship Departure date. All that info is available to your dealership on your order page, whetter or not they will give it to you is another story.

My understanding is there's a substantial number of already built Canadian ID.4s that did not make it on the Conductor. This may be due to shipping logistics as there's only so much space available and those ships are bound for much larger US market after stoping in Halifax.

Edited to remove duplicate line...

·
49 Posts
well this is an interesting turn of events. The Ontario Liberal gov't said they will introduce an 8k dollar EV rebate if they are elected this spring. I wonder if the conservatives will respond.

·
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #368 ·
well this is an interesting turn of events. The Ontario Liberal gov't said they will introduce an 8k dollar EV rebate if they are elected this spring. I wonder if the conservatives will respond.
They will introduce a $5000 levy to offset lost revenue from fuel taxation…. Kidding…

·
29 Posts
I'm sure they will, but I doubt it'll roll out before 2023. I won't hold my breath. Federal liberals could choose to stop the rebate after it expires this coming March.

I'm more curious if anyone has/will get calls to upgrade/downgrade their order if someone walks from there order.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

·
44 Posts
I tried looking up an expiry date for the program. Couldn’t find anything on the Transport Canada site, but found this on CBC:
It said in January 2020 that the program started in May 2019, and allotted $300M to buyers on a first come, first served basis, and CBC believed it would draw down very quickly, as almost half had been paid out at the time of publication. Perhaps more money has been allotted, but this suggests (and is backed up by a statement on the TC website that the program can be cancelled at any time at the minister’s discretion) that it could end whenever or by next May. Bit of a kick in the gut, particularly after the cancellation of the Scrap-It program in BC this Fall too.
@Audiwagen, do you have any more info on the Federal program?

·
44 Posts
Well I suppose the fact that the Tesla model 3 no longer qualifies for the federal rebate might make the remaining money last a little longer. Fingers crossed my ID.4 arrives in time next year!

·
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #373 ·
Well I suppose the fact that the Tesla model 3 no longer qualifies for the federal rebate might make the remaining money last a little longer. Fingers crossed my ID.4 arrives in time next year!
They only managed to qualify by offering that low range model (150km?) that just about nobody bought. They found a loophole and benefited from it more than any other ev maker. Guess with them rising the base m3 MRSP it would no longer qualify anyway. They no longer qualify for the BC rebate too.

·
29 Posts
Me too! I think we're in the same boat and ordered at the same time. I'm just happy I managed to get my hands on a 50 amp breaker! There's a shortage apparently.

·
44 Posts
Me too! I think we're in the same boat and ordered at the same time. I'm just happy I managed to get my hands on a 50 amp breaker! There's a shortage apparently.

I haven’t even talked to an electrician yet! I ordered July 27th but have no idea when it registered with VW - my salesman left to join Volvo and all I know is that I have a commission number. Will check in the New Year. I’m guessing March as the salesman thought December- January.

·
49 Posts
I'm sure they will, but I doubt it'll roll out before 2023. I won't hold my breath. Federal liberals could choose to stop the rebate after it expires this coming March.

I'm more curious if anyone has/will get calls to upgrade/downgrade their order if someone walks from there order.

if the Feds stop giving rebates the EV sales will crater in Ontario. That's what happened when Ontario dropped their 14k dollar rebate and there was no Fed rebate. As for the Ontario Liberal offer, who knows when it will roll out. I'm just saying, given the reality of EVs rolling out in Ontario, whether it be the ID4, Ioniq 5, EV6, Ariya, we probably won't see them until spring anyways. The VW dealer here was saying 12 months for delivery. Maybe Doggie reintroduces a EV rebate in Jan or Feb. All I know is I won't be getting a car until summer anyways given the delivery times and delays.

The other side of this is, don't buy an EV in Ontario, lease it. If you buy and they announce an 8k discount after you buy you take it on the chin in resale value.

·
44 Posts
I wrote a letter to my MP Elizabeth May last night. She’s been around for long enough to know how much this could embarrass the government, given the PM’s commitment to reducing carbon footprints at Cop26 and so on. Probably too late for me, but it might bring the issue to the fore.

·
AWD Pro S ID.4 | EDD 12/2021
35 Posts
Is anyone here located in the GTA and keen on getting Tuxmats for their new ID.4? I was looking for floor mats for the winter and wrote to Tuxmat about availability for the ID.4 (I prefer their mats over WeatherTech and they are a Canadian company.) They told me they are currently developing them, but need someone that can bring in their vehicle to scan it for proper fitment. I'd happily do it, but I'm in Montreal -- and more importantly don't have my car yet. ;-)

·
44 Posts
I just got a response to an email I sent my rep this morning.

“VW announced to all the stores last month that most clients should expect their orders at approximately 10 months from when they placed it.”
“ID.Pro S AWD’s will be built at a higher priority.”
“We’ll probably see these longer delays until our Chattanooga plant comes online later in 2022 for the MY23.
“Most of our orders up until about mid-June have been given build dates. We are waiting for VWAG to start providing further allocations for orders placed in July and onwards.”
“On another note, we should have our demo model arriving within the next few weeks, ID.4 Pro S RWD.”

·
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #380 ·
Don’t know if this is legit or what’s involved but figured someone late on the waiting list may be interested.

White ID.4 with grey interior in the vancouver area.

361 - 380 of 390 Posts