Volkswagen ID Forum banner
521 - 540 of 632 Posts

·
700 Posts
and I haven't heard that any ID4s have arrived in Ontario yet. Snooze.
Y, that's bcuz the dumb Ford Conservative Gov. cancelled the rebates for BEV. So, VWoC gives the priority to BC & QC since both provinces offer Prov. BEV rebates.
The ID.4 won't be coming to the ON dealers until spring or summer at the latest.

·
ID.4 PRO S - Moonstone Grey
42 Posts
Not bad I guess...? It doesn't help I pre-warm the car so I wouldn't have to scrape the snow/ice off - THANK GOODNESS Car-Net DID NOT Fail last week LOL!!! I think it's about a 10KM hit for me ....

·
81 Posts
Y, that's bcuz the dumb Ford Conservative Gov. cancelled the rebates for BEV. So, VWoC gives the priority to BC & QC since both provinces offer Prov. BEV rebates.
The ID.4 won't be coming to the ON dealers until spring or summer at the latest.
You are correct re: Ford. When it will arrive in Ontario is a big question mark.

·
76 Posts
I beg to differ - getting mine this week or next!

·
77 Posts
How well did the heat pump operate in the cold BC weather?
If you want to get an idea of the heat pump’s performance Bjorn Nyland in Norway has done a couple of Vlogs about the id.3 and 4, one at temperatures as low as -25. His conclusion was that the Koreans and Tesla are the most efficient, but I read that Tesla owners were complaining of them not working below -30. They are at their best between 5-15 degrees, so perhaps VW uses a hybrid system with a heat strip for below freezing. Worth finding out for most people in Canada.

·
15 Posts
I should likely be getting my AWD Pro S in by the end of the month at an Ontario dealer. It came in on a ship at Halifax yesterday. I think the ID4s will slowly start to trickle into Ontario now, finally.

·
81 Posts
I should likely be getting my AWD Pro S in by the end of the month at an Ontario dealer. It came in on a ship at Halifax yesterday. I think the ID4s will slowly start to trickle into Ontario now, finally.
Great to hear this. Now drop by my house and give me a test drive. ;)

·
700 Posts
You are correct re: Ford. When it will arrive in Ontario is a big question mark.
I am, ticked off at Ford with his EV policy. ON only gets $5000/$0 Fed./Prov. rebates vs BC $8000 vs QC $13000.

Let's hope they will arrive at the dealers sooner than later.

·
25 Posts
How well did the heat pump operate in the cold BC weather?
I am very impressed with the heat pump in my ID. 4. I find the heating is excellent in all respects. Everything heats up and clears quickly from windshield to side windows to the side mirrors. Much faster than any ICE. The cabin space heats up fast too. No waiting for the engine to warm up first. In addition, the heat pump seems wicked efficient when sitting for a while in the cold. I'd much rather be stuck in a long sub-zero traffic jamb with an EV heat pump (and heated seat) than an ICE mobile. Assuming of course that you've got a decent SOC.

·
81 Posts
I could likely keep myself quite busy giving test drives to people. They have been very hard to come by. I was fortunate enough to try the car out when they did the summer test drive tour.
What colour did you get? Also, could you ask your dealer if they are getting a test car in soon?

·
15 Posts
What colour did you get? Also, could you ask your dealer if they are getting a test car in soon?

I went with the Blue metallic. It was that or red. But I liked them both quite a bit.

As for the test car, I have no idea. I imagine they are trying to sell the cars they get in right now. Test cars might be a way off yet.

·
81 Posts
I went with the Blue metallic. It was that or red. But I liked them both quite a bit.

As for the test car, I have no idea. I imagine they are trying to sell the cars they get in right now. Test cars might be a way off yet.
The blue looks gorgeous. Black is classic. And that Grey is really funky.

521 - 540 of 632 Posts