Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1001 - 1020 of 1056 Posts

·
157 Posts
Thanks, but the rep did say 2023 Chattanooga cars - I copied one paragraph out of a lengthy email. Sadly, Canadians will have seen no new cars for almost a year, despite 9000 backorders.
Where did you read there’s 9000 back orders?

I did hear from my contact at VW head office production start in late summer so late August or early Sept would fit into that Q3 timeframe.

I’m just wondering when they will open the online ordering.

·
141 Posts

I did hear from my contact at VW head office production start in late summer so late August or early Sept would fit into that Q3 timeframe.

Verbally from the sales manager in March, just before he told me that VW Canada were checking all orders as they were going to have to cancel a lot of them due to fulfilment issues. I helped him out by going to Volvo. Same company owns both dealerships so no problem, but I sensed he wasn’t too pleased with VW.
I imagine online ordering will be available in the Fall, but 2022 German cars taking 4-5 months to arrive was a surprise. My car was built the week of April 11th, arrives in Halifax tomorrow and is expected at the end of this month. The car was ordered by the dealer mid February and orders are now closed for the 2022’s so they are in demand.

·
157 Posts
Verbally from the sales manager in March, just before he told me that VW Canada were checking all orders as they were going to have to cancel a lot of them due to fulfilment issues. I helped him out by going to Volvo. Same company owns both dealerships so no problem, but I sensed he wasn’t too pleased with VW.
I imagine online ordering will be available in the Fall, but 2022 German cars taking 4-5 months to arrive was a surprise. My car was built the week of April 11th, arrives in Halifax tomorrow and is expected at the end of this month. The car was ordered by the dealer mid February and orders are now closed for the 2022’s so they are in demand.
the XC40 is now getting the 5k dollar discount. I hope you’re getting it. Im thinking of going to test drive one if a Toronto area dealer has one avail

·
261 Posts

It may be true, I called multiple dealers in Ontario and almost everyone who disclosed number of person in queue was about 100 to 200 if you take that number and multiply with around 15 dealerships authorized to order ID4 it makes number close to 2000 just for Ontario. When you add QC and BC. That number goes to about 6000 (I am assuming same number of dealers and same backlog as ON)

This number was few months before they closed taking orders so I would not be surprised if total backlog is close to 9k

·
261 Posts
Wow mid-Feb? I hope you mean you ordered Feb 2021 and not Feb 2022 :ROFLMAO: as while ordering they told me 12-15 months minimum. Also you are talking about ID 4 and not about smaller Volvo XC40 (I have heard it feels very small from inside).

·
141 Posts
Wait, the dealer ordered in mid-February and it was built a few weeks ago? February 2022?

I ordered and put down my $500 on February 28...
I ordered a Volvo XC40, having ordered an ID.4 July 2021 and bailed when told no car until late this Fall. The dealer ordered their last stock car in February 2022 and I reserved it in late March. It arrives at the end of the month, so yes, 7 weeks from building in Belgium to arriving on the lot in Victoria. That’s why I scratched my head over VW beginning processing Canadian backorders in June 2022 with an ETA here of November.

·
34 Posts
I ordered a Volvo XC40, having ordered an ID.4 July 2021 and bailed when told no car until late this Fall. The dealer ordered their last stock car in February 2022 and I reserved it in late March. It arrives at the end of the month, so yes, 7 weeks from building in Belgium to arriving on the lot in Victoria. That’s why I scratched my head over VW beginning processing Canadian backorders in June 2022 with an ETA here of November.
Oh gotcha, for a second I thought you were talking about an ID.4 coming so quickly :LOL:

·
141 Posts
the XC40 is now getting the 5k dollar discount. I hope you’re getting it. Im thinking of going to test drive one if a Toronto area dealer has one avail
Well I hope so, but… I ordered the Ultimate trim which isn’t on the list. However, it still doesn’t show the Statement ID.4 either. I note that the Polestar 2 Dual Motor is on the list now. They even have a 478hp Performance Pack. Looks like Hamilton has the Volvo, but the 2023s are coming later in the summer anyway.

·
Premium Member
Pro S AWD | Moonstone | Lunar Grey
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,010 ·
Well I hope so, but… I ordered the Ultimate trim which isn’t on the list. However, it still doesn’t show the Statement ID.4 either.
The XC40 Core, Plus and Ultimate are trims while the ID.4 Statement is a package that can be added to the RWD or AWD trims. Inclusion in the program is based on the trim mrsp, excluding packages and options.

·
141 Posts
The XC40 Core, Plus and Ultimate are trims while the ID.4 Statement is a package that can be added to the RWD or AWD trims. Inclusion in the program is based on the trim mrsp, excluding packages and options.
True Perry. But that Plus trim still comes in at $69K, while I thought the limit was $65K. This time last year I was looking at the Volvo while you had already put your deposit down on the ID and have been saving on gas since Christmas. I’m thinking EV prices will go up in general next year, but I’m beginning to realize the cost savings of not spending $500/month on gas makes a big difference to affordability too. I still like the VW but am happy to be getting my car in three weeks, rather than waiting another half year.

·
261 Posts
True Perry. But that Plus trim still comes in at $69K, while I thought the limit was $65K. This time last year I was looking at the Volvo while you had already put your deposit down on the ID and have been saving on gas since Christmas. I’m thinking EV prices will go up in general next year, but I’m beginning to realize the cost savings of not spending $500/month on gas makes a big difference to affordability too. I still like the VW but am happy to be getting my car in three weeks, rather than waiting another half year.
True, currently the best car is the one you can get your hands on to.

·
Premium Member
Pro S AWD | Moonstone | Lunar Grey
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,013 ·
The federal program has 2 tiers now. The XC40 is classified as a SUV which has a higher threshold.

• a passenger car, where the base model Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is less than $55,000; and
    • higher priced trims of these vehicles, up to a maximum MSRP of $65,000, will also be eligible for purchase incentives;
or

• a station wagon, pickup truck (light truck), sport utility vehicle (SUV), minivan, van, or special purpose vehicle, where the base model Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is less than $60,000; and
    • higher priced trims of these vehicles, up to a maximum MSRP of $70,000, will also be eligible for purchase incentives.

1001 - 1020 of 1056 Posts