Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1021 - 1040 of 1056 Posts

·
157 Posts
There’s 3.1 😄
hey peon, ok that feels odd calling somebody peon, but will there be other options coming online when production comes from Chattanooga? Eg the colour of the roof detail like on this video? I much prefer the dark charcoal colour over the silver... HUD system, seat options, fog lights? Yah I know you can't say. ;). Ok tell them I want an alternative to that silver!

Also this is from my contact at VW HQ Canada. "we will open an online preorder platform this summer for MY23"

·
708 Posts
hey peon, ok that feels odd calling somebody peon, but will there be other options coming online when production comes from Chattanooga? Eg the colour of the roof detail like on this video? I much prefer the dark charcoal colour over the silver... HUD system, seat options, fog lights? Yah I know you can't say. ;). Ok tell them I want an alternative to that silver!

Also this is from my contact at VW HQ Canada. "we will open an online preorder platform this summer for MY23"
You can call me plant if that makes you feel better 😉 others do.
As for your questions, I can’t really answer those right now but I’ll let “them” know. And I agree the dark grey does look nice.

·
157 Posts
From a CNBC article. Quoted Diess saying “We’re building up capacities in the United States … later this year, around August, ID 4 production will start in our Chattanooga facilities,”

This totally jives with what my Canada HQ friend suggested. Boy, they really screwed up the Model Years. I mean the 2021s just basically arrived in Canada, and the 2022s aren't even here yet.... and in several months they will be producing 2023s in the US? Maybe 2022s will be super rare like a collectors item where only 10 of them arrive in June and July. 🤡

·
34 Posts
Probably more like pandemic/war/etc. supply chain nonsense screwed up model year plans for them...if any company had been able to produce anything on anything like a normal schedule, whether it's breakfast cereal or cars, none of these funny little quirks would be happening. :(

Reactions: Plant Peon

·
141 Posts
From a CNBC article. Quoted Diess saying “We’re building up capacities in the United States … later this year, around August, ID 4 production will start in our Chattanooga facilities,”

This totally jives with what my Canada HQ friend suggested. Boy, they really screwed up the Model Years. I mean the 2021s just basically arrived in Canada, and the 2022s aren't even here yet.... and in several months they will be producing 2023s in the US? Maybe 2022s will be super rare like a collectors item where only 10 of them arrive in June and July. 🤡
Basically, Zwickau built 50,000 ID.3s and ID.4s in the first quarter, plus a bunch of Q4s. They plan on building cars for our market starting in Q3, and expect them to arrive in Q4 sometime. Whether they are from Zwickau or Emden, who knows? I suppose they will then start shipping 2023 Chattanooga models. Based on what I was told, VW Canada was getting a quota of about 4,500 cars for the model year 2022. I wish you all luck - my Volvo is on a train ride to the coast and I was lucky as it was their last car before the new model. Too bad about the VW but I think supply chain woes are with us for a while yet, so plan accordingly, buy what speaks to you and try to be patient!

·
34 Posts
Basically, Zwickau built 50,000 ID.3s and ID.4s in the first quarter, plus a bunch of Q4s. They plan on building cars for our market starting in Q3, and expect them to arrive in Q4 sometime. Whether they are from Zwickau or Emden, who knows? I suppose they will then start shipping 2023 Chattanooga models. Based on what I was told, VW Canada was getting a quota of about 4,500 cars for the model year 2022. I wish you all luck - my Volvo is on a train ride to the coast and I was lucky as it was their last car before the new model. Too bad about the VW but I think supply chain woes are with us for a while yet, so plan accordingly, buy what speaks to you and try to be patient!
I wonder if dealers here are given any insight into where in the queue the various customer orders are, e.g. if there's a rough order date past which you won't get one of the German-made cars (assuming that information is true), or even if they allocate based on order date rather than some other system like trim.

·
261 Posts
What may end up happening is, there will be completely new ordering process for 2023 and onwards cars from Chattanooga, they will have more options instead of just Pro and Pro S AWD/RWD cars. i.e. Assistance package for Auto Lane Changing, Auto parking etc, A New model with smaller battery, Heat Pump option for US Customers, HUD, 360 Cameras etc. Those who already ordered before cut off date will receive 2022 from Germany. We can see from test photos of 2023, it has side sensors and Center console is different. If 2023 model is really different and has added/mainly removed some features from original order then there will be a backlash from public, so it seems like having new ordering process is the way to go.

·
34 Posts
If 2023 model is really different and has added/mainly removed some features from original order then there will be a backlash from public, so it seems like having new ordering process is the way to go.
From the company's standpoint I can guess they probably don't want to be in the position of having to fill too many "2021" and 2022 orders with 2023s, and wind up having most of the 2023s spoken for by 2021/2022 orders even before the pre-orders for 2023 start. That'd be a really difficult hole to climb out from.

·
261 Posts
From the company's standpoint I can guess they probably don't want to be in the position of having to fill too many "2021" and 2022 orders with 2023s, and wind up having most of the 2023s spoken for by 2021/2022 orders even before the pre-orders for 2023 start. That'd be a really difficult hole to climb out from.
Yes that makes sense, specially they can save a lot in import duties, shipping and delivery time. But what I am saying may be possibility as well if 2023 model will be too different and VW have to bump up current reservation holder's models at the same cost

·
34 Posts
Yes that makes sense, specially they can save a lot in import duties, shipping and delivery time. But what I am saying may be possibility as well if 2023 model will be too different and VW have to bump up current reservation holder's models at the same cost
Bad for them, good for us :LOL:

·
261 Posts
It would be nice to know if anyone received orders of ID.4's recently and when they were ordered?

I ordered a Id.4 awd with statement package in July 2021 and wondering where I stand?
Try to Contact your dealer, they should have a better idea.

I ordered mid Feb and when I contacted my dealer, he gave me commission number, it basically tells that VW has my order on wait list and its kind of placeholder till they update VIN number. That printout has other fields like order status, expected delivery date and most importantly VIN number. In my case everything except Commission number and Order status was not updated.

I have not seen anyone receiving id4 in Canada recently, at last no one has updated anything. My dealer told me two id4s are coming at their dealership first week of June. In Feb he had a couple for delivery. Not sure if there was anything in between.

Many people suggested on internet to chat with VW customer support and tell them this is my Commission number, please update me on my order and they normally have better idea than dealers, I tried to do that, first of all there is no chat for Canada so I called and they told me they have no idea, either contact dealer or send them detailed email listed on contact us section of their website. Try to do that.

Also that printout my dealer gave me had price hiked, you can confirm from your dealer about that as well

·
61 Posts
It would be nice to know if anyone received orders of ID.4's recently and when they were ordered?

I ordered a Id.4 awd with statement package in July 2021 and wondering where I stand?
I'm in the same boat as you. July 2021 Maple VW.

Someone at Dixie VW just received there's last week. They ordered in May 2021

I called my dealer a few weeks ago and still nothing. From what I understand, all they have is speculative. Until that VIN is created, no one knows.

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

·
157 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you. July 2021 Maple VW.

Someone at Dixie VW just received there's last week. They ordered in May 2021

I called my dealer a few weeks ago and still nothing. From what I understand, all they have is speculative. Until that VIN is created, no one knows.

I see no logic to any of the delivery dates. No wonder VW has taken the procedure online. My dealership experience at VW Brampton Bramgate was one of the worst I've ever had at any dealership by far. Setting a test drive up only to find they've given the car to somebody else for 40mins then having 4% left on the battery for my test drive was ridiculous. To top it off, they didn't see much of a problem in that. Clown dealership winner.

I can't see them delivering 2021s for much longer. Maybe the rest of the orders to be called 2022s over the summer into Sept maybe Oct while the 2023s, which will start being produced in Aug, will start arriving in Nov/Dec?

·
261 Posts
My dealership experience at VW Brampton Bramgate was one of the worst I've ever had at any dealership by far. Setting a test drive up only to find they've given the car to somebody else for 40mins then having 4% left on the battery for my test drive was ridiculous. To top it off, they didn't see much of a problem in that. Clown dealership winner.
I am not saying you are lying but may be your Experience was one off and sales person who took your booking was bad at his/her job, the same way I had bad experience at Pine view West Hyundai, at least you had a car to test, Hyundai people told me, they don't offer test drives after arriving there and booking test drive a week in advance, were not even interested in showing the car or noting down my name for wait list, just wanted to sell ICE vehicles.

When I did my test drive at Bramgate, it was about 70% charged, parked inside and warmed up as it was extremely cold and flurrying outside which was nice touch. Before we went to his desk he brought us Cappuccino. Even after booking and placing my deposit down(his job was done), my sales guy took us to their basement in ID4 where they were getting AWD Pro S ready for customer delivery, parked AWD Pro next to it and showed all differences. He is answering all questions, giving me whatever info he has. I did my second test drive couple of weeks ago, which was also amazing. 100% charged car, used it for more than 1 hour, gave me printout of what they saw on their end and asked me to come back any time if I have any more questions of want to go for another test drive. 10/10 for customer service.

·
61 Posts
I see no logic to any of the delivery dates. No wonder VW has taken the procedure online. My dealership experience at VW Brampton Bramgate was one of the worst I've ever had at any dealership by far. Setting a test drive up only to find they've given the car to somebody else for 40mins then having 4% left on the battery for my test drive was ridiculous. To top it off, they didn't see much of a problem in that. Clown dealership winner.

I can't see them delivering 2021s for much longer. Maybe the rest of the orders to be called 2022s over the summer into Sept maybe Oct while the 2023s, which will start being produced in Aug, will start arriving in Nov/Dec?
I was told I'd be now getting a 2022 with no price increase. Time will only tell

·
157 Posts
I am not saying you are lying but may be your Experience was one off and sales person who took your booking was bad at his/her job, the same way I had bad experience at Pine view West Hyundai, at least you had a car to test, Hyundai people told me, they don't offer test drives after arriving there and booking test drive a week in advance, were not even interested in showing the car or noting down my name for wait list, just wanted to sell ICE vehicles.

When I did my test drive at Bramgate, it was about 70% charged, parked inside and warmed up as it was extremely cold and flurrying outside which was nice touch. Before we went to his desk he brought us Cappuccino. Even after booking and placing my deposit down(his job was done), my sales guy took us to their basement in ID4 where they were getting AWD Pro S ready for customer delivery, parked AWD Pro next to it and showed all differences. He is answering all questions, giving me whatever info he has. I did my second test drive couple of weeks ago, which was also amazing. 100% charged car, used it for more than 1 hour, gave me printout of what they saw on their end and asked me to come back any time if I have any more questions of want to go for another test drive. 10/10 for customer service.
the car went into low battery mode 10secs into the test drive. Limited power. So no I didn’t have a proper test drive at all. I would never recommend Bramgate. The worst.

1021 - 1040 of 1056 Posts