Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1241 - 1260 of 1330 Posts

·
226 Posts
I just received this response from my dealer. Unfortunately, it's in French. I'll do a summary:

• I will have to modify my order for the trim, color option outside and inside
  • He can't tell me when but he suspect that it will be before October 3 since that is when VolksKliks will be open to dealers (not general public). He was inform of this during a meeting with VWC this morning
  • VWC will send me or him (not sure) the difference between the model 2021 and 2023 so that I can chose when the dealer rep contact me

''Effectivement de bien bonnes nouvelles pour le ID.4.

Pour répondre à vos questions il va falloir modifier votre commande avec vos options, couleurs intérieures et extérieures désirés. Mais malheureusement présentement je ne peu vous dire quand parce que je ne connaît pas la réponse.

Dans mon meeting avec Volkswagen ce matin ils mentionnent que la plateforme VolksKliks sera ouvert au concessionnaire le 3 octobre 2022. Donc j’imagine un peu avant. Volkswagen va aussi vous envoyer la fiche complète des changements entre 2021 et 2023 et vous pourrez avoir une bonne idée au moment ou votre représentant va communiquer avec vous.
that's when the online ordering will be open. LOL

·
548 Posts
Yeah that's why I want to let things settle, but I texted him back to make sure I understood correctly : In december we'll deliver car #29, next year we get 30 ID.4s, so yours (#73) is in 2024...

How can this be possible, in late 2023, 2024 there wil be so much more capacity from other automakers we'll probably be looking at shorter delivery times from the competition. No way somebody in it's right mind would wait.
This year your dealer got about 30 cars, that is because only 1 plant was producing it for the whole world. Because of war they had to stop production for a while, also many 2022 model cars were/are on hold on ports to update software to 3.1. Also it used to take 2-3 months for cars to arrive from plant in Germany to your Dealership, now that time will be reduced to couple of weeks.

Now even in Germany there are 2 plants running plus there is a dedicated plant, just for NA market. From what we have heard so far, it has different suppliers and there will be minimal impact of Ukraine conflict. That means we should expect more cars now onwards. VWoA CEO confirmed, from September onwards there will be ample cars on dealer lots.

I think with interest rate going up and things slowing down, car market will take huge impact next year.
Second hand car market has already started to come down and there are lots of unsold old cars on dealer's parking lots, next is turn of new Cars.

·
2019 Volvo S60 T6 AWD Rdesign and 2011 Jetta Highline 2.5L
34 Posts
It Can not be MY22 as even in Germany they are switching to MY23 from production week 35 or something that is end of Aug I guess
Yeah MY23, obviously, so we'll see how VW Canada communicates with us and clears the backlog, because like I said earlier, the competition will eat them alive if they keep the slow pace in Canada,

I'm really not a Ford fan, but in 2024 their operations and supply structure will be able to handle 2M EVs built per year, they are scaling like crazy, and GM, Hyundai Kia are doing the same thing.

VW did show they want to playto game with Chattanooga and the additional capacity being planned, they just need to at least deliver the cars to Canadians in a somewhat reasonable timeframe. Our US friends will probably have no problems

·
226 Posts
It Can not be MY22 as even in Germany they are switching to MY23 from production week 35 or something that is end of Aug I guess
I bet you're going to have to change your colour choice etc. VW USA will start producing Canadian cars in late Aug Sept and the first ones will be fulfilling all of the orders waiting. Then they will open the online ordering system to the public.

·
548 Posts
Yeah MY23, obviously, so we'll see how VW Canada communicates with us and clears the backlog, because like I said earlier, the competition will eat them alive if they keep the slow pace in Canada,

I'm really not a Ford fan, but in 2024 their operations and supply structure will be able to handle 2M EVs built per year, they are scaling like crazy, and GM, Hyundai Kia are doing the same thing.

VW did show they want to playto game with Chattanooga and the additional capacity being planned, they just need to at least deliver the cars to Canadians in a somewhat reasonable timeframe. Our US friends will probably have no problems
Yeah I totally Agree. If they don't start delivering they will be out of the game. I was about to put deposit down on Chevrolet Blazer EV but decided not to do that as it was expensive and expected delivery from Summer 23 onwards. It looks sharp.

·
548 Posts
I bet you're going to have to change your colour choice etc. VW USA will start producing Canadian cars in late Aug Sept and the first ones will be fulfilling all of the orders waiting. Then they will open the online ordering system to the public.
I think so too, some people also received emails from their dealership mentioning the same.
But if they want they can still match same configuration, except interior color.

·
118 Posts
well my HQ buddy did say they'd release prices in the first or 2nd week of Aug.

3k dollar increase but here's what they've added to the statement top trim.
360 Camera
Premium sound
3-Zone Climate control
Rear heated seats
Auto parking feature. Massaging front seats? Also, I'm glad the side silver trim and black roof are extra. I'll save 500 for not taking that. Ordering online will hopefully save another 500 dollar admin BS fee. So 2k-2500 extra for the above features? That's ok.

They did get rid of that nice blue colour. WTF? And the grey... Those were the 2 best colour imo.

I'll add, don't get excited about being able to order online until End of Sept beginning of Oct.
Where did you read that Canada was getting the updated Travel Assist? Don't see that on the Canadian site (auto parking, lane change etc).

·
22 Posts
Hated:
  • No Heat pump as standard equipment
Oh well, had a chat with my sales guy at Pickering VW, first he told me i'm #73 on the waitlist for the dealership and that would take another 18 months to get delivery... (What?) Then he told me his capacity will be increased by 30 ID.4s so 18 months is the bext estimate he can give me.

He didnt knew the heat pump was gone as standard, and he told me he cant change my configuration so I will not get a heat pump even if I'm willing to pay for it...

He's going to call me back to know which color I want since Moonstone grey is gone.

Realy bummed out, and feels that is makes no sense... New order placed today would take what 2-3 years to fullfill?

Anyway, I wont cancel, I'll let things settle and see what happens. but very disapointed by the delay... I could live without the heat pump.
On the french version of the page, we can read a special note about the Heat Pump:
FR: "Tous les véhicules seront livrés avec l'ensemble thermopompe jusqu'à la fin de 2022. Le prix de l'ensemble est inclus dans le PDSF indiqué."
EN: "All vehicles will be delivered with the heat pump package until the end of 2022. The price of the package is included in the MSRP indicated." (translated)

·
548 Posts
On the french version of the page, we can read a special note about the Heat Pump:
FR: "Tous les véhicules seront livrés avec l'ensemble thermopompe jusqu'à la fin de 2022. Le prix de l'ensemble est inclus dans le PDSF indiqué."
EN: "All vehicles will be delivered with the heat pump package until the end of 2022. The price of the package is included in the MSRP indicated." (translated)
It may happen that those who have already ordered will get it with heat pump as it was promised with their order. New orders will be delivered without Heat Pump.
But if that happens, those will not be allowed to choose their new configuration

·
22 Posts
It may happen that those who have already ordered will get it with heat pump as it was promised with their order. New orders will be delivered without Heat Pump.
But if that happens, those will not be allowed to choose their new configuration
Will see! I "ordered" in February an AWD PRO (without statement) and for about the same price, I'm getting the 12" screen. It's the only thing I really wanted from Statement. Now I consider the panoramic roof too :)

·
34 Posts
Pretty neat @JoshP , but i'm so confused now that I talked to my dealership that I dont believe a Feb 2022 order will be fulfilled in 2022...

Neat find nontheless, @serious.sam.4all maybe you can shake me out of my spiral... hahaha

·
548 Posts
Will see! I "ordered" in February an AWD PRO (without statement) and for about the same price, I'm getting the 12" screen. It's the only thing I really wanted from Statement. Now I consider the panoramic roof too :)
I was not too keen on 12" but I wanted sunroof for sure but 8k extra was too much. I think $1250 for sunroof is reasonable.

·
226 Posts
Pretty neat @JoshP , but i'm so confused now that I talked to my dealership that I dont believe a Feb 2022 order will be fulfilled in 2022...

Neat find nontheless, @serious.sam.4all maybe you can shake me out of my spiral... hahaha
How many orders are waiting in Canada? I'm expecting them to clear these orders very quickly. Production will start for Canadian cars relatively soon.

·
22 Posts

Yes but it seems that newly ordered 2013 ID.4 on the USA portal have a Q4 22 ETA! I hope VW Canada will get a priority on that backlog

·
34 Posts
Yes but it seems that newly ordered 2013 ID.4 on the USA portal have a Q4 22 ETA! I hope VW Canada will get a priority on that backlog
I really hope that,

I read somewhere that there was 900-1000 orders in Canada, so that could take like a month to build out, but the US have probably 10x the backlog size.

·
548 Posts
I really hope that,

I read somewhere that there was 900-1000 orders in Canada, so that could take like a month to build out, but the US have probably 10x the backlog size.
I heard 5-6k orders in Canada.
But if there are just 900-1000 they can clear it in 2-3 months easily if they even provide 250-300 cars a month to Canada, which is plausible.

There are 11 Dealers in BC, 34 in QC and, 10 in ON.
If you take an average of 75 cars in queue for each dealer (I heard a few dealers who had 150+ in waiting in ON) then the number comes to around 4000 Cars.

·
10 Posts
I can't find that statement on the French site; could you please provide a link? Good news if true.

I noticed that there's no mention of the LED projector headlights with the Statement package, like for the 2021-2022 models. However, the pictures still show the projectors. I hope this means we're still getting them instead of the default LED reflector headlights.

1241 - 1260 of 1330 Posts