Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1261 - 1280 of 1329 Posts

·
548 Posts
I can't find that statement on the French site; could you please provide a link? Good news if true.

I noticed that there's no mention of the LED projector headlights with the Statement package, like for the 2021-2022 models. However, the pictures still show the projectors. I hope this means we're still getting them instead of the default LED reflector headlights.
Also US site shows park assist plus with memory function for self parking, I dont see it mentioned in Canada

·
22 Posts
I can't find that statement on the French site; could you please provide a link? Good news if true.

I noticed that there's no mention of the LED projector headlights with the Statement package, like for the 2021-2022 models. However, the pictures still show the projectors. I hope this means we're still getting them instead of the default LED reflector headlights.
Yes sure it's right here: Voici le VUS électrique ID.4 2023 de VW | Volkswagen Canada (for a weird reason, the note was not there either, I cleared cache and refreshed, now I see it)

Automotive parking light Land vehicle Motor vehicle Vehicle Car

·
225 Posts
Also US site shows park assist plus with memory function for self parking, I dont see it mentioned in Canada
it's part of the 3.1 software so I can't see Canada not getting it.

Re: the LED projector headlights missing on all of the trims. That better be an oversight. Now I'm wondering what the Kia and Hyundai are going to be priced for 2023.

·
1,339 Posts
This year your dealer got about 30 cars, that is because only 1 plant was producing it for the whole world. Because of war they had to stop production for a while, also many 2022 model cars were/are on hold on ports to update software to 3.1. Also it used to take 2-3 months for cars to arrive from plant in Germany to your Dealership, now that time will be reduced to couple of weeks.

Now even in Germany there are 2 plants running plus there is a dedicated plant, just for NA market. From what we have heard so far, it has different suppliers and there will be minimal impact of Ukraine conflict. That means we should expect more cars now onwards. VWoA CEO confirmed, from September onwards there will be ample cars on dealer lots.

I think with interest rate going up and things slowing down, car market will take huge impact next year.
Second hand car market has already started to come down and there are lots of unsold old cars on dealer's parking lots, next is turn of new Cars.
I see the ID.4 craze only deepening and the backlog is huge now no doubt. Maybe September 2023 they will be available on dealer lots but I seriously doubt it.

·
225 Posts
I see the ID.4 craze only deepening and the backlog is huge now no doubt. Maybe September 2023 they will be available on dealer lots but I seriously doubt it.
You are wildly overestimating demand. And quite frankly, the whole auto industry is facing serious headwinds because of int rates going up quickly to fight overall inflation.

·
1,339 Posts
I think BEV demand is only being held up by supply. Probably millions of reservations across all BEV’s at this point. And that demand is the reason why the $10,000 markups over MSRP on the lots here in America. Can Canadians even buy a BEV yet that isn’t just for city commuting? Your tsunami is coming.

·
83 Posts
the other thing I noticed was, there was only a grey int with white steering wheel etc or a X blue int for the statement package for the blue ext. Just whacky. Where's the black leatherette???
Where are you seeing photos of the new interior? The Canadian site only has little colour swatches for the "Platinum Grey" and "X-Blue" interiors, which isn't especially helpful.

I left a message for my dealer to remind them I exist, so let's see how long until I hear from them. The site DOES say: "Already ordered your ID.4? We’ll be in touch with you soon." but I'll believe that when it happens.

·
225 Posts
Where are you seeing photos of the new interior? The Canadian site only has little colour swatches for the "Platinum Grey" and "X-Blue" interiors, which isn't especially helpful.

I left a message for my dealer to remind them I exist, so let's see how long until I hear from them. The site DOES say: "Already ordered your ID.4? We’ll be in touch with you soon." but I'll believe that when it happens.
I was just commenting on those swatches for platinum grey and X-Blue interiors from the website. Just seems odd. And they got rid of the 2 most interesting exterior colours. Dusk Blue and Moonstone grey.

·
83 Posts
I think BEV demand is only being held up by supply. Probably millions of reservations across all BEV’s at this point. And that demand is the reason why the $10,000 markups over MSRP on the lots here in America. Can Canadians even buy a BEV yet that isn’t just for city commuting? Your tsunami is coming.
The roads around Toronto are absolutely infested with Teslas, and I've seen quite a few Ioniq 5s, EV6s, Polestar 2s, Mustang Mach-Es, Taycans, e-Trons (the big SUV one, not the Q4), etc. on the road on a daily and weekly basis. Have only seen a couple ID.4s so far though.

·
225 Posts
The roads around Toronto are absolutely infested with Teslas, and I've seen quite a few Ioniq 5s, EV6s, Polestar 2s, Mustang Mach-Es, Taycans, e-Trons (the big SUV one, not the Q4), etc. on the road on a daily and weekly basis. Have only seen a couple ID.4s so far though.
sure demand is increasing for BEVs, but there's a big backlog because every OEM except Tesla seems to be producing their BEVs at a very very low number. I mean Kia and Hyundai stopped delivering cars to Canada in April. LOL Audi hasn't even delivered 1 Q4 yet. Nissan is floundering around still with the Ariya deliveries.

·
83 Posts
I was just commenting on those swatches for platinum grey and X-Blue interiors from the website. Just seems odd. And they got rid of the 2 most interesting exterior colours. Dusk Blue and Moonstone grey.
It'll be super nice when they actually put photos up on the Canadian site, like they have on the U.S. site already. Originally I ordered the black/brown interior but that's gone, so it looks like the closest thing is Platinum Grey - only I really hope it doesn't have the white steering wheel and infotainment/instrument cluster, those are an atrocity.

Mostly though I just want to know who's going to be getting in touch with me about my order (corporate? Dealer?) and WHEN. :mad:

·
548 Posts
It'll be super nice when they actually put photos up on the Canadian site, like they have on the U.S. site already. Originally I ordered the black/brown interior but that's gone, so it looks like the closest thing is Platinum Grey - only I really hope it doesn't have the white steering wheel and infotainment/instrument cluster, those are an atrocity.

Mostly though I just want to know who's going to be getting in touch with me about my order (corporate? Dealer?) and WHEN. :mad:
I hope they do it too but they may not, same like they had nothing for 2021/22 models. Bramgate VW had a customer Pro S and their Pro, they showed me both side by side so luckily I had idea on what to expect with what model. Now it's really difficult. Look at that Chattanooga factory video, that blue side panels looks aweful but on their site pics, it looks better. I don't know how will it look like in person.

·
225 Posts
I hope they do it too but they may not, same like they had nothing for 2021/22 models. Bramgate VW had a customer Pro S and their Pro, they showed me both side by side so luckily I had idea on what to expect with what model. Now it's really difficult. Look at that Chattanooga factory video, that blue side panels looks aweful but on their site pics, it looks better. I don't know how will it look like in person.
Are you referring to that blue interior? It’s really awful I agree. And if the lighter grey int comes with a white steering wheel ugh!!! Boy, VW need to call their Audi friends to pick exterior/interior colours.

Pure grey is actually nice. They blew it with that dark blue colour.

·
548 Posts
Are you referring to that blue interior? It’s really awful I agree. And if the lighter grey int comes with a white steering wheel ugh!!! Boy, VW need to call their Audi friends to pick exterior/interior colours.

Pure grey is actually nice. They blew it with that dark blue colour.
Yeah but If you see that stone interior on base US ID4, we may not get that in Canada.
If you look for basic interior in Canadian IDR 2023, its still old grey with updated leatherette trim

·
32 Posts
But can’t reserve in Canada but you can in the USA. What the…
I agree... Talk to my dealer and he won't even take another one, the VW site doesn't mention sold out so I am gonna guess a lot of leads calling those selected dealerships but lots of pissed off people told to wait for online portal.

·
548 Posts
I agree... Talk to my dealer and he won't even take another one, the VW site doesn't mention sold out so I am gonna guess a lot of leads calling those selected dealerships but lots of pissed off people told to wait for online portal.
Yes it was declared as soon as ordering process was stopped in March that new orders will be online only.

Currently even 1 year old orders are not delivered and ETA is Jan, 2023. So I mean there is no point of taking orders.

Once they confirm how much Canada will get every month from Chattanooga, then they will start taking new orders I think.

1261 - 1280 of 1329 Posts