Volkswagen ID Forum banner
161 - 180 of 228 Posts

·
On order: Pro S RWD | Silver | Lunar Grey
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 · (Edited)
So on an odd note - went in to see my dealer - and I thought my ID was on the bishu Hwy - which is due in port on Sept 26 - and I've been tracking it. So to much to me and my sales rep surprise - the system said that the car landed in port on Sept 20 - and was enroute .... so I went through the entire Halifax port arrivals for Sept 20th - and couldn't find any carriers that VW normally uses - so I'm stumped! My rep told me to remind him to check mid-week - to see if there were any more updates as he wants to know also. LOL - and as far he knows - he did have 4-5 ID's arrive in port the first week of Sept, and those were already enroute via Rail - so anyone else out there who has figured out this mystery? My only thought is that it went on some random carrier and hitched a ride - but then that doesn't totally make sense... cost wise. ??
From what I heard there was a small number of ID.4 on the Siem Confucius that stopped in Halifax mid September. They should show up shortly on the west coast. The Bishu Highway should be carrying more RWD but not in number sufficient to fulfill all early orders so it’s very likely some peeps will be disappointed.

Then again, it does seem like Canadian dealerships lack inside knowledge of what is going on in Germany so I would say anything is possible. Just don’t hold your breath.

·
27 Posts
From what I heard there was a small number of ID.4 on the Siem Confucius

From what I heard there was a small number of ID.4 on the Siem Confucius that stopped in Halifax mid September. They should show up shortly on the west coast. The Bishu Highway should be carrying more RWD but not in number sufficient to fulfill all early orders so it’s very likely some peeps will be disappointed.

Then again, it does seem like Canadian dealerships lack inside knowledge of what is going on in Germany so I would say anything is possible. Just don’t hold your breath.
OH MAN!! Thank yoouuuu!!!! I was thinking there was some sort of error as I couldn't go back far enough to figure out the boat landing! :) Considering that the first batch that landed on Sept 3 still hasn't made it to the dealer yet - I'm thinking it's about 3 weeks.. 2 weeks by rail... 1 week in dealer...voila?!

·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
OH MAN!! Thank yoouuuu!!!! I was thinking there was some sort of error as I couldn't go back far enough to figure out the boat landing! :) Considering that the first batch that landed on Sept 3 still hasn't made it to the dealer yet - I'm thinking it's about 3 weeks.. 2 weeks by rail... 1 week in dealer...voila?!
There was no VW ship in Halifax on September 3 as far as I know, the SIEM Confucius was scheduled for that date but was delayed in Emden and only arrived on the 14 with the first batch.

·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
Bishu Highway has arrived with a draught on 9.3. Will be interesting to see how much get unloaded.

·
28 Posts
Ha, you guys are like international spies. You should have a live feed camera at the port! LOL. I wonder when the dealers will start getting their test cars so I can actually drive the AWD version.

·
13 Posts
There’s a substantial AWD back-order situation already - 10,000 in the US, and with some folks reporting order due-dates of next spring on this thread, it might be a while. Hopefully as the Chattanooga factory comes on stream, it will take the pressure off Germany and the dealers will get stock. I ordered mine at the end of July and am hoping to see it in January, so with 5-6 months to wait, most of us appreciate every little bit of information our ‘spies’ pick up. At least we’ll be seeing them on the road soon, and there are more US reviews of the AWD version added to the many RWD ones, as well as lots of (mostly) happy ID.4 owners posting here. I’ve looked plenty at the offerings available, and even now with the Ioniq5, and others coming, am glad I made the decision to buy before trying.

·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·
Ha, you guys are like international spies. You should have a live feed camera at the port! LOL. I wonder when the dealers will start getting their test cars so I can actually drive the AWD version.
Trust me, I’ve tried to locate accessible cameras around the autoport. 😂

Someone on ID insider mentioned he may drive by the Halifax autoport and see where f there’s any.

·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
Well it looks like Bishu Highway has departed Halifax, and is on route to Davisville USA, draught is now reported at 8.8m: MarineTraffic: Global Ship Tracking Intelligence | AIS Marine Traffic
The unknown here is what does .5m represent…. The Bishu Highway sat at anchor for many days in the English Chanel with 8.3m draught, was it empty or did it have vehicle bound for Europe on it? if it was empty then dropping by .5m could be more substantial although I would have no clue how to calculate what that means in actual capacity.

I guess we’ll find out soon enough…. The ones from September 14 should be arriving on the west coast soon.

·
6 Posts
Is any Canadian out there getting real status updates on their order? Unlike US orders, ours are placed through the dealer, who in turn places the order at their leisure/convenience. I'm in Toronto. We have no access to web-based information. I placed an order for a Pro AWD with Statement Package on May 17th, and was told then that delivery might be late December or 1st quarter next year. After my test drive in August, I was told likely December. But nothing since. Whatever the status is, they're keeping it close to the vest.
Given the manufacturing cycle mentioned in all these posts, it should be on the production line some time in October. The radio silence is frustrating.

·
27 Posts
RCA - I'm going to advise you now.. AWD - it's going to be next year....they can barely keep up with the RWD - and considering AWD just got released into the states like this month... it appears we are about at least 6 months behind the states...so I would say use that as your timeline... 6 months from Septemberish. Chip shortage I'm sure is screwing it up big time, because if you think about it... the CDN versions require more... we have heated windshield and heat pump. You either are going to have a late x-mas present or maybe an early birthday present? :)

·
AWD Pro S ID.4 | EDD 11/2021
32 Posts
Is any Canadian out there getting real status updates on their order? Unlike US orders, ours are placed through the dealer, who in turn places the order at their leisure/convenience. I'm in Toronto. We have no access to web-based information. I placed an order for a Pro AWD with Statement Package on May 17th, and was told then that delivery might be late December or 1st quarter next year. After my test drive in August, I was told likely December. But nothing since. Whatever the status is, they're keeping it close to the vest.
Given the manufacturing cycle mentioned in all these posts, it should be on the production line some time in October. The radio silence is frustrating.
Did you try calling your dealer to specifically ask for a status update on the production of your vehice?

·
15 Posts
Did you try calling your dealer to specifically ask for a status update on the production of your vehice?
I emailed mine last week and was informed that there is no update to my file, just that the order was confirmed and locked in with the factory on July 5. I was told not to expect it til January-February. I'm in Ontario and ordered an AWD non statement.

I can see them calling me later and telling me that a statement is available if I want to upgrade and pay more or keep waiting. But that just might be iny head lol

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

·
27 Posts
I emailed mine last week and was informed that there is no update to my file, just that the order was confirmed and locked in with the factory on July 5. I was told not to expect it til January-February. I'm in Ontario and ordered an AWD non statement.

I can see them calling me later and telling me that a statement is available if I want to upgrade and pay more or keep waiting. But that just might be iny head lol

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk
It'd probably be just that... AFTER the guy who paid his initial deposit balked and then they went down the line and probably tapped you to see if you were willing to pony up so you could get your car a few months earlier :)

·
On order ID4 Pro AWD
107 Posts
More info on delays in microchip manufacturing in SE Asia. VW relies on Infenion in Malaysia for chips. Plants are working only at up to 60% capacity, and in addition to that, aluminum (needed for chips) is in short supply.

·
ID.4 Pro RWD (no Statement)
8 Posts
All right. Confirmed got a VIN and the car is on its way from Nova Scotia to Vancouver. I'd expect taking delivery by end of month.

·
15 Posts
All right. Confirmed got a VIN and the car is on its way from Nova Scotia to Vancouver. I'd expect taking delivery by end of month.
Good news for you. Congrats!

My projected production completion date was Sept.30th. As of yesterday (Oct.1) my sales guy said their online info still showed Sept.30. Sigh. My sense is that they (VW Canada) are a little in the dark too.....at least at this level in the VW chain of command. He claims to check the ID status every morning, but there's been no change at all. The lack of info is a little frustrating. Given all the world events it's understandable though. This other thread alludes to another slow-down in production, which may be the cause of these latest woes.

I'm curious about your VIN being released only when it got to port in Canada though. My salesman told me that VINs are given out around the time production is complete in Germany. I wonder what are others being told this?

·
27 Posts
Your sales guy is correct. I was able to view the production status screen (at the dealer) and it tells you your order date, supposed production date, finished date, ship date, eta arrival and port and of course your Vin.

·
ID.4 Pro RWD (no Statement)
8 Posts
Good news for you. Congrats!

My projected production completion date was Sept.30th. As of yesterday (Oct.1) my sales guy said their online info still showed Sept.30. Sigh. My sense is that they (VW Canada) are a little in the dark too.....at least at this level in the VW chain of command. He claims to check the ID status every morning, but there's been no change at all. The lack of info is a little frustrating. Given all the world events it's understandable though. This other thread alludes to another slow-down in production, which may be the cause of these latest woes.

I'm curious about your VIN being released only when it got to port in Canada though. My salesman told me that VINs are given out around the time production is complete in Germany. I wonder what are others being told this?
I paid deposit April 11 shortly after I discovered that we can order it in Canada, but I don't know when the dealer would have ACTUALLY ordered from VW. They told me September ETA, and I never bugged them again until last week, so then this week they gave me the info including VIN. I'm assume that if I had checked earlier, then a VIN would have been available to provide but it doesn't mean much to me.

·
15 Posts
Just got a text from my guy at the dealership. Here's what he learned this morning:

"I have a new update for you due to the micro chip shortage the factory is closed for a week. Suppose to get a big shipment of micro chips in a week I will let you know when it is back up and running."

So apparently there are now 2 confirmations of the factory being closed for the coming week.

161 - 180 of 228 Posts