Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Base prices:

$44,995 RWD PRO
$49,995 AWD PRO

Heat pump and heated windshield are standard.

Build your own

With a base price under $45K, the ID.4 qualifies for the $5K Federal discount! This makes it effectively $10K cheaper than a base Mach-E!

Even the AWD PRO is cheaper than a base RWD Mach-E (with a smaller batter)!

·
217 Posts
44,995 CAD is 36,278 USD. Almost $4k cheaper than the US version of the Pro. Glass roof and powered front seats are option, but heat pump is standard. That's an amazing deal! What's the catch? Tax isn't included I assume?

·
17 Posts
The Pro is 44995, and the AWD Pro is 49995. So these both get the 5k Fed rebate but if you add the Statement option for 8k dollars more you don't get the Fed rebate?

·
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
44,995 CAD is 36,278 USD. Almost $4k cheaper than the US version of the Pro. Glass roof and powered front seats are option, but heat pump is standard. That's an amazing deal! What's the catch? Tax isn't included I assume?
Price doesn't include Freight, PDI, taxes and other dealer fees.

There are also government discounts (not tax breaks). $5k federal (for vehicles with a base price under $45K). There are some provincial discounts as well. The most being $8000 for Quebec residents.

·
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Pro is 44995, and the AWD Pro is 49995. So these both get the 5k Fed rebate but if you add the Statement option for 8k dollars more you don't get the Fed rebate?
That's a good question.

To be eligible for the Incentives for Zero-Emission Vehicles program, you have to purchase or lease:
  • a vehicle with six seats or fewer, where the base model (trim) Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is less than $45,000;
    • higher priced versions (trims) of these vehicles, up to a maximum Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $55,000, will also be eligible for purchase incentives;
The RWD Pro would be eligible (with or without options). If the AWD Pro is considered an option then it may be eligible as well.

·
17 Posts

There are also government discounts (not tax breaks). $5k federal (for vehicles with a base price under $45K). There are some provincial discounts as well. The most being $8000 for Quebec residents.
the Federal discount includes any model under 55k dollars. But I just went on the VW Canada site and built a fully loaded AWD Pro with the statement package and it included a Fed rebate of 4300ish dollar discount. Confusing.

·
217 Posts

I see BC has a $3k discount plus up to $6k if you scrap a gas car. That's a pretty sweet deal. Google tells me Fed+Prov sales tax is from 5% in Alberta to 15% in... some provinces. BC is 12%, which is a bit higher than in expensive California counties.

It's a no-nonsense package for an extremely competitive price. Neat.

·
17 Posts
That's a good question.

The RWD Pro would be eligible (with or without options). If the AWD Pro is considered an option then it may be eligible as well.
I sent an email to a dealer here in Toronto about this issue. ON the website it says every level gets 4425 federal rebate. Odd.

·
17 Posts
Ok, the rep said this "All models will qualify for the government rebate even if you add the package. The rebate is based on the initial base msrp but you can add options up to a certain amount within the guidelines. This was taken into consideration when pricing out this vehicle so that it would fall into the category to allow for the rebate. It 100% gets the rebate even with the package added."

·
17 Posts
I also asked what a realistic timeline would be for the AWD versions and he said October/November.

·
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, the rep said this "All models will qualify for the government rebate even if you add the package. The rebate is based on the initial base msrp but you can add options up to a certain amount within the guidelines. This was taken into consideration when pricing out this vehicle so that it would fall into the category to allow for the rebate. It 100% gets the rebate even with the package added."
I assume you can't get the rebate on the AWD with Statement package since its above the $55K threshold

·
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's not what this manager said. Read his statement. Email another dealer to verify.
I did read it. "The rebate is based on the initial base MSRP but you can add options up to a certain amount within the guidelines.". The guidelines say the max MSRP with options is $55K. The way I read his statement is that the AWD model is available with the rebate as long as the price is under $55k. So that's without the Statement Package.

Edit. Although vw.ca applies the rebate even on the AWD with Statement. Strange.

·
13 Posts
Statement pack is the only way to get 12way electric seats and lumbar support.
And Statement pack only comes in Black???

·
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Statement pack is the only way to get 12way electric seats and lumbar support.
And Statement pack only comes in Black???
Yes you have to select the Statement Package to get 12way electric seats.

Black is the only option for all trims. But the Statement adds black leather seats with brown accents on the dash and doors

·
13 Posts
All trims?
Pretty sure you can build a Blue one without the statement package ... And only 6 way manual seats

·
17 Posts
I did read it. "The rebate is based on the initial base MSRP but you can add options up to a certain amount within the guidelines.". The guidelines say the max MSRP with options is $55K. The way I read his statement is that the AWD model is available with the rebate as long as the price is under $55k. So that's without the Statement Package.

Edit. Although vw.ca applies the rebate even on the AWD with Statement. Strange.
Believe me, I pointed that out and he said it would be included. Either he is an idiot or maybe VW has already been told by the gov't that there's new rules coming into effect. I know somebody who's at VW head office. I just emailed him. He's actually very involved in the roll out of the ID4 so he will be able to clear this up.

Before this announcement, I thought they would split the statement package up into 2 making an AWD at 50k and an AWD come in at 55k to give the glass roof and some other options. The big 8k package is kind of odd if they make not available for the federal rebate. Esp. in Ontario where there isn't a provincial rebate.

·
17 Posts
Yes you have to select the Statement Package to get 12way electric seats.

Black is the only option for all trims. But the Statement adds black leather seats with brown accents on the dash and doors
Actually it says the cloth seats are changed to leatherette in the statement package. And you get an illuminated VW badge.... that's worth the extra 8k no?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts