Volkswagen ID Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Before this announcement, I thought they would split the statement package up into 2 making an AWD at 50k and an AWD come in at 55k to give the glass roof and some other options. The big 8k package is kind of odd if they make not available for the federal rebate. Esp. in Ontario where there isn't a provincial rebate.
Perhaps VW Canada wanted to keep the number of configurations to a minimum until production moves to the US.

·
8 Posts
Not available everywhere....

For now, the ID.4 will be available in British Columbia, Quebec, and Ontario. After ID.4 production begins at the Chattanooga, Tennessee plant in 2022, the ID.4 will be available nationwide. More information is coming soon.

·
9 Posts
Perhaps VW Canada wanted to keep the number of configurations to a minimum until production moves to the US.
A good point. I haven't heard back yet about the Fed rebate for the AWD with Statement option. I have to point out though, at 58k, it's 6-8k less than a Model 3 AWD and 12-15k less than a Model Y, that is if you want a colour or bigger wheels with your Model 3 or Y. And the Premium Mach E AWD is around 65k or 7k more than the fully loaded ID4. Now I wonder where the Ioniq 5 AWD will land price wise. Or the Kia EV6 or Ariya.... For me the Ioniq 5 AWD would be my buy if it's in the range of the ID4.

recap. ID4 AWD statement package 58k, Mach E premium AWD 65k-66k, Model 3 AWD 64-67k, Model Y 70-72k. The gauntlet has been laid down for Hyundai and Kia.

·
2 Posts
Can't find any definitive info on the consumption increase / range decrease to expect from the AWD.

Debating whether the increased performance and benefits for winter driving are worth the extra cost and reduced range. I'm a little scared of RWD in the winter on icy roads. Thoughts?

·
Happy owner of a blue ID.4 FE
383 Posts
Can't find any definitive info on the consumption increase / range decrease to expect from the AWD.
Consensus around here is about 230 miles EPA range for AWD.

·
12 Posts
Personally I've never felt the need for AWD (no snowy hills to climb). Our FWD ICE cars with winter tires have worked just fine. Most of the weight is over the front axle. But with a BEV the weight is between the axles, so RWD with winter tires is preferred IMHO over FWD as it eliminates torque steer.

As for AWD vs RWD efficiency, I believe the Tesla M3 SR and LR are very close, 149 vs 152 Wh/km. But that's Tesla ...

21 - 29 of 29 Posts