Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any tips on finding cancelled preorders? Is it just calling different dealers? I’m in Seattle area. Drove the car today and wife and I want to buy without waiting for summer.

·
89 Posts
Any tips on finding cancelled preorders? Is it just calling different dealers? I’m in Seattle area. Drove the car today and wife and I want to buy without waiting for summer.
I saw another post of someone recommended using auto trader. I used it recently to find out in my area who is trying to sell an ID 4 so I could go test drive it, they did show me some places that are selling.

·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I looked there and it shows stock but it seems it’s all spoken for when I contacted the dealers. Spoken for as in are preorders.

·
7 Posts
VW of SF will have my cancelled first edition in a few weeks if you don't mind the drive 😁
As an aside, I've done the SF to Seattle drive 3 times in the last year and it's not too bad.

·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
VW of SF will have my cancelled first edition in a few weeks if you don't mind the drive 😁
As an aside, I've done the SF to Seattle drive 3 times in the last year and it's not too bad.
I did Seattle to LA last year and agree not too bad. Honestly if I had the time I might’ve considered but will try my luck locally and hope I can get one.

·
2021 ID.4 1st Edition Blue Dusk
187 Posts
I asked my sales rep to let me know right away if someone cancels a pre-order the day I did the test drive. I was also watching like a hawk on a daily basis all three dealers around me. When I saw that Tom Bush VW had three "on the way" I immediately sent an email to my sales rep. He told me that one may not sell. Next day, he sent me an email that one was available.

You just have to do some work and research, but it can be done.

·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Seems the in stock at dealer websites very misleading. Two I spoke to said they only have demo car on the lot and rest are in transit still. I’m on the list at 2 for cancellations so hopefully get lucky.

·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
An update - there was a cancellation at VW of Tacoma and I bought it. They initially wanted to charge 2500 above MSRP, I said I will only come in if it’s MSRP and they said ok. When I came in there were no games, they gave me exactly MSRP. Overall fairly smooth process but just takes way too long for 2021. Excited to stay electric after turning in my Kia Soul EV lease.

·
Proud FE owner
1,000 Posts
An update - there was a cancellation at VW of Tacoma and I bought it. They initially wanted to charge 2500 above MSRP, I said I will only come in if it’s MSRP and they said ok. When I came in there were no games, they gave me exactly MSRP. Overall fairly smooth process but just takes way too long for 2021. Excited to stay electric after turning in my Kia Soul EV lease.
Did they adjust your purchase price to get it under $45k to qualify for the sales tax exemption?

·
Proud FE owner
1,000 Posts
No unfortunately did not.
Ouch. I'd reach out to see what they could do. That's $1,700 the state doesn't need. The finance manager should have known better.

Reactions: amartko

·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for bringing it up. I definitely deserve some blame I thought cut off was 40k but I’ll see what can be done.

·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Update 2: I saw in my spam folder that dealer emailed me while I was driving over saying the GM said they won’t sell without 2500 markup. They wanted 5000 but settled on 2500 and that they had five other people interested that were willing to pay. That being said no one said a word to me about those change of plans and did sell for MSRP.

·
ID.4 Pro S AWD / Waiting, waiting, waiting
635 Posts
Update 2: I saw in my spam folder that dealer emailed me while I was driving over saying the GM said they won’t sell without 2500 markup. They wanted 5000 but settled on 2500 and that they had five other people interested that were willing to pay. That being said no one said a word to me about those change of plans and did sell for MSRP.
Ah, yes, the classic "it must be in the spam folder" denial play. :)

·
7 Posts
What color?
It's the dark blue color. Forget the exact term they use. The dealer called me today to confirm I had cancelled, and when I told him I'm sure it'll sell fast, he laughed and said he's had people calling about it all week (not mine specifically, the ID4 in general).

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
1,571 Posts
I was at my dealership yesterday to get my State Inspection sticker and they were delivering a preorder-canceled FE in white. Nice light colored interior as well. Good to see these "reclaimed" sales are brisk.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts