Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my Id.4 today, loved it so far except that the car-net app on my iPhone won’t connect to the car at all. Any suggestions on what to try to fix it?

·
ID.4 Pro S Moonstone Grey
162 Posts
In my case, dealer had not activated Carnet so I had to call Carnet and step through registration process (provide email, phone number, etc). I needed to allow location while using app, Siri , etc. Carnet was helpful to get is sorted (877-820-2290) . When calling, quickly inform them you have a 2021 model, seems different support group.

The app is underwhelming ... hoping for upgrades by VW over time

·
6 Posts
I picked mine up earlier this week and you're not missing much unless mine is messed up as well. What's supposed to be included in the five years of Carnet access? Mine says I don't even have the subscription level required to check battery level, let alone run climate control or lock doors or anything. My "free" access literally just lets me into the app to buy a higher level of access. Is my account messed up or is it really this useless unless you upgrade?

·
69 Posts
The value of the CarNet app is questioned elsewhere but you definitely do not have the features you are supposed to have.

Reactions: gorj and theboomr

·
1st Edition
203 Posts
I picked mine up earlier this week and you're not missing much unless mine is messed up as well. What's supposed to be included in the five years of Carnet access? Mine says I don't even have the subscription level required to check battery level, let alone run climate control or lock doors or anything. My "free" access literally just lets me into the app to buy a higher level of access. Is my account messed up or is it really this useless unless you upgrade?
I can see SOC and set the climate control temperature. Not much else to it.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
1,488 Posts
Yes, those two items and a map of nearby chargers is it as part of the free 5-year plan.
I do like the remote pre-conditioning feature however, although considering it has to transmit from your own WiFi to a Car-Net server and then back down to your vehicle via its own connection it takes some time, so plan ahead more than you think it should take.
I can see state of charge (SOC) and set the climate control temperature. Not much else to it.

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I talked to Car-Net this morning, the rep I talked to admitted car-net is a bit of a mess at the moment but they are working on a server replacement as well as a wholesale revamp. It remains to be seen how soon and how effective that is

·
ID.4 1st Glacier White w/Lunar Gray - order 9/23
131 Posts
I received another Android Update of my CarNet app last night and the splash screen shows "2021.4.2-56" - I don't see any updates or improvements though. :cry:

·
ID.4 Pro S Dusk Blue w/Black
16 Posts
Just picked up my Id.4 today, loved it so far except that the car-net app on my iPhone won’t connect to the car at all. Any suggestions on what to try to fix it?
My sales person did something to activate mine while I was at the dealership. I believe there is an activation code they have. I knew my vin prior to getting the vehicle so I had preregistered and signed up with both Car-Net and Electrify America. He then did something to activate the free service.

·
397 Posts
I received another Android Update of my CarNet app last night and the splash screen shows "2021.4.2-56" - I don't see any updates or improvements though. :cry:
I just updated the android version and do not see anything different. Just shows miles left and the option to turn on the AC. Really somewhat useless!

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update: I got a generic e-mail from VW today welcoming me to my new car-net hotspot. I opened car-net and everything was working fine, did the dealer just not activate it correctly?

·
6 Posts
Update: I got a generic e-mail from VW today welcoming me to my new car-net hotspot. I opened car-net and everything was working fine, did the dealer just not activate it correctly?
I got the same generic email as you. I opened car-net and nothing had changed. I deleted the app, reinstalled and it was suddenly working. I think the dealership did something wrong but it's all resolved now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts