Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2021 ID.4 1st Edition Blue Dusk
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last time Car-Net connected to my car was on 03/24 @ 4:51 PM. On the unit, I go to settings > connect to Car-Net I get "No internet connection. Trying to connect..."

I was outside and the 4G had 4 bars. Rebooted the unit twice by holding the power button down. Anybody else having issues?

Attachments

·
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was able to fix it by doing a system reset. Not really what I wanted to do. Hopefully I won't have to do this again.

·
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
System reset of the car or your phone?
The car. Before resetting I did uninstall and re-installed the Car-Net app on my phone. The car (infotainment) was not communicating with Car-Net. After resetting the infotainment to factory settings I was able get status updates on the phone app.

·
34 Posts
I'm having issue with my Navigation right now stuck on "Please wait..." Already talked to my dealer about it, but they're waiting to hear back from VW. I've tried the 10 sec reboot, no go. Maybe I'll give it another try later.

·
Proud FE owner
1,000 Posts
I'm having issue with my Navigation right now stuck on "Please wait..." Already talked to my dealer about it, but they're waiting to hear back from VW. I've tried the 10 sec reboot, no go. Maybe I'll give it another try later.
I have the same. A factory reset won't fix it. My dealer is in contact with VW as well. I also opened a case with Customer Care and messaged eMobility. It seems not to be a Car-Net issue, but likely a hardware thing.

I'll start a dedicated thread to make it easier to find/share updates on the resolution.

Reactions: Opalalty

·
6 Posts
I have the same. A factory reset won't fix it. My dealer is in contact with VW as well. I also opened a case with Customer Care and messaged eMobility. It seems not to be a Car-Net issue, but likely a hardware thing.

I'll start a dedicated thread to make it easier to find/share updates on the resolution.
Did your Issue get fixed? What was the resolution? My car is not able to connect to the Internet since yesterday, I have opened a ticket with Car-Net so let's see how long they take to get back to me.

·
Proud FE owner
1,000 Posts
Did your Issue get fixed? What was the resolution? My car is not able to connect to the Internet since yesterday, I have opened a ticket with Car-Net so let's see how long they take to get back to me.
Mine was a failed load of the onboard navigation software during the installation at the port. Completely unrelated to Car-Net.

Reactions: Huey52
1 - 8 of 8 Posts