Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I amnew to VW. I am wondering if the Nav updates are done OTR , and the price. I also wonder what is included in the Car Net service.. Do I need to subscribe to Car Net to use the installed Nav? Thanks for any help.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
949 Posts
Audi now does Nav updates OTA (not on my 2016 however) so I would think also VW.

Typically you do not need any other service (e.g. Car Net) to use Nav directly, however "points of interest", etc. are usually gained via Car Net. There is usually a "free" period of use for Car Net and also a free number of Nav updates.

You're asking very good questions but we in the USA simply don't as yet know a lot of these details. But FE delivery is not that far off so we should soon. Please stand by. ;)

·
29 Posts
Should we recycle this thread for car-net discussions specifically?

After reaching home with the new id I hooked it up successfully. It was a multi-step process but it'll only happen once so not a big deal. I plugged in from my 7kw evse and it topped off the battery at 60% (252m of range remaining). From the app you change the level of percentage, but at this point 252 is more than enough.

So with the car plugged in I attempted click "Start Charging" button on the initial page to see what that does. It hung for several seconds and then reported something about not being able to charge when connected to external power (sorry didn't get a screen of that)?

I guess my question is what is everyone's understanding of On Demand charging?

·
ID.4 ProS Gradient Dusk Blue waiting in North Hills?
446 Posts
not to sound obtuse, but what kind of charging does not involve external power? Or is it more an order of operations statement? Were you attempting to initiate charge from the app for the EVSE or Car-Net? Does your EVSE have a schedule that you were perhaps not on? Just trying to think of points of failure.

Reactions: theboomr

·
29 Posts
not to sound obtuse, but what kind of charging does not involve external power? Or is it more an order of operations statement? Were you attempting to initiate charge from the app for the EVSE or Car-Net? Does your EVSE have a schedule that you were perhaps not on? Just trying to think of points of failure.
At the end of the day and 4 hours at the dealer I only could handle a cursory attempt at playing with the app. All I was trying to do was see what that button would do really.

It was more of a discussion starter and we'll have a clearer picture of the process as more id4s are delivered - no big deal.

On another note the default was 60% max charge with I found interesting. VW must think that's a sweet spot as two where you should keep it.

·
ID.4 Pro S AWD / Waiting, waiting, waiting
594 Posts
not to sound obtuse, but what kind of charging does not involve external power?
This? [I don't want to get started with the ridiculousness of their claims.]

·
ID.4 Pro S, Moonstone Gray w/Galaxy Black
25 Posts
During my test drive I could see how to schedule the charging and climate by departure time, but could not determine a way to set a climate departure time that was separate from a charging session. I assume that is going to be in the Car-Net app but can't review until I have my VIN.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts