Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I got the following update today from a representative at VW office regarding my ID4 Pro reservation:

"On 3/12, you received an email notifying you that your ID.4 was leaving the factory and that it is "journeying across the ocean and heading your way". As soon as the vehicle leaves the factory, the email notification is sent out, but it does not necessarily mean that the vehicle is on a ship across the ocean at that time. The vehicle still has to make its way to the port and be loaded onto a vessel. I reviewed this further and the amount of time each step takes varies greatly for every customer. Currently, your ID.4 Pro is in transit from the factory to the port. As soon as the vehicle is loaded onto a vessel, the status should update."

That means the car had left the factory 3 weeks ago, sitting somewhere and had not transported to the port in Germany yet and still not loaded onto the vessel for 3 weeks now. Does it make sense to anyone? Or are they currently prioritizing to ship out all the 1st edition first?

·
Waiting for ID.4 Pro S
27 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I got the following update today from a representative at VW office regarding my ID4 Pro reservation:

"On 3/12, you received an email notifying you that your ID.4 was leaving the factory and that it is "journeying across the ocean and heading your way". As soon as the vehicle leaves the factory, the email notification is sent out, but it does not necessarily mean that the vehicle is on a ship across the ocean at that time. The vehicle still has to make its way to the port and be loaded onto a vessel. I reviewed this further and the amount of time each step takes varies greatly for every customer. Currently, your ID.4 Pro is in transit from the factory to the port. As soon as the vehicle is loaded onto a vessel, the status should update."

That means the car had left the factory 3 weeks ago, sitting somewhere and had not transported to the port in Germany yet and still not loaded onto the vessel for 3 weeks now. Does it make sense to anyone? Or are they currently prioritizing to ship out all the 1st edition first?
Siem Aristotle has been at the German port for 2 days now. Should be leaving soon. Where you live and what port is close, since Siem Cicero was anchored off Jacksonville for a day after going to Baltimore first, should arrive in port today. Mine was apparently on the Siem Confucius which first stop was in Canada before coming to several US ports. Also mine is a Pro S, so those are being shipped now. I did not get a notice that it was on a ship, just that it left the factory.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
626 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I believe that this means you are step 4 on the wheel of torture. My sense of it is that you move to step 5 when the car is unloaded from a port in the U.S. somewhere.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
794 Posts
There are logistical 'choke points' all along the process. Sitting in the factory lot awaiting transport to railhead. Sitting at the railhead awaiting a train and loading. Sitting at the loading port awaiting a ship and loading. Sitting at the receiving port awaiting firmware update & Customs and then dealership transport....

Like commuting traffic sometimes the stars align and clear sailing, sometimes you hit every red light.

Hang in there, it's worth the wait. ;)

btw: 1st editions should have all been shipped by now, if not already in the country.

·
2X - 2004 Phaeton V8
308 Posts
There are logistical 'choke points' all along the process. Sitting in the factory lot awaiting transport to railhead. Sitting at the railhead awaiting a train and loading. Sitting at the loading port awaiting a ship and loading. Sitting at the receiving port awaiting firmware update & Customs and then dealership transport....

Like commuting traffic sometimes the stars align and clear sailing, sometimes you hit every red light.

Hang in there, it's worth the wait. ;)

btw: 1st editions should have all been shipped by now, if not already in the country.
I think I might be the FE exception....been at step 4 for 5 weeks now and still there even after all of the offloads for the past couple of days. I understand waiting....to a point...but to beat a dead horse, the lack of any information is the most frustrating part and is starting to taint what was supposed to be exciting.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
794 Posts
Many of us, myself included, went from 4 -> 7 seemingly overnight. Here's hoping that happens for you very soon!

I think I might be the FE exception....been at step 4 for 5 weeks now and still there even after all of the offloads for the past couple of days. I understand waiting....to a point...but to beat a dead horse, the lack of any information is the most frustrating part and is starting to taint what was supposed to be exciting.

·
Proud FE owner
906 Posts
There were several vessels that effectively left Emden in a "flotilla." This left a gap a in transatlantic crossings and a backup on the German side.

·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Curtis55, I am in Los Angeles, California and believe the port of entry should be Houston, TX. So hopefully it will get moving at least. I have asked the customer service rep at VW to give me an update in a week or two. BTW, I have not seen a lot of FE out on the road yet in the LA area, not recalled seeing one. Did try to see my luck on getting a FE which someone cancelled his order on but the dealership did mark up the price and it was sold on the same day. Thanks everyone for the good info.

·
2X - 2004 Phaeton V8
308 Posts
Hopefully yours wasn’t the White Pro S Gradient that got roasted on the train car. 😖
Thankfully it is Blue. I would have probably had had it faster if it was the fried one! Just called customer care again and they have no information and are sorry that they don't have anything to report. I find it hard to believe that with a VIN and commission number no one knows where it is. If I order toilet paper from Amazon I know where it is every step of the way :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: egsell and Huey52

·
Waiting for ID.4 Pro S
27 Posts
Hi Curtis55, I am in Los Angeles, California and believe the port of entry should be Houston, TX. So hopefully it will get moving at least. I have asked the customer service rep at VW to give me an update in a week or two. BTW, I have not seen a lot of FE out on the road yet in the LA area, not recalled seeing one. Did try to see my luck on getting a FE which someone cancelled his order on but the dealership did mark up the price and it was sold on the same day. Thanks everyone for the good info.
Siem Cicero is scheduled for Houston port around the 13th of April

·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the vessel schedule, Curtis55. Hope my Pro is sailing on the Siem Cicero as well, or until early May worst come to worst. Do you have free membership access to the Marine traffic website for tracking the vessel?

·
301 Posts
Thanks for the vessel schedule, Curtis55. Hope my Pro is sailing on the Siem Cicero as well, or until early May worst come to worst. Do you have free membership access to the Marine traffic website for tracking the vessel?
Try to be patient. Easy for me to say.
I'm seeing ads for them almost every night. Colbert last night. They are going to hit the dealerships soon cause VW is spending a lot of $$ on ID4 ads.

·
17 Posts
I feel your pain--FE at step 4/7 for over a month now. Left factory and I was able to get the VIN, but no updates beyond that. Since I am in SoCal, maybe it will be on one of the boats arriving in Houston on 4/13 and 4/16. Strange how ProSs arriving before all of the FEs.

·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi rec567CA, I can update you once my reservation proceeds to step 5. Were you able to print out the window sticker using the VIN?

·
Waiting for ID.4 Pro S
27 Posts
Just what is free....did not sign up Here is the full link, just left Jacksonville going to Houston SIEM CICERO (Vehicles Carrier) Registered in Liberia - Vessel details, Current position and Voyage information - IMO 9762534, MMSI 636017539, Call Sign D5LL4

·
105 Posts
Huey52 said "btw: 1st editions should have all been shipped by now, if not already in the country."

I'm another exception. I received the Step 4 notification on March 10 -with no updates since then. The dealer was able to tell me it was aboard a ship, but not which one. Looks like the soonest it could get to Houston is the 13th. That would make me over a month at Step 4. From there it has to be offloaded, updated, reloaded, and trucked to California. Then the dealer needs it for 24-48 hours. No one is saying how long all of that will take. I will be very surprised if I see my new car before the first of May. And, yes, it seriously annoys me that people who ordered cars weeks after me are getting theirs a month or more before mine arrives.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts