Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I discovered that the VW dealer I selected is not on Maine's list of approved EV rebate dealers. I need to see if they can get on the list or if I can change my preferred dealer. If I do change dealers, what happens with my deposit that went to my initial dealer? Just rambling out loud.

·
61 Posts
Call Customer Support & tell them you do not want to be routed to the actual dealer. You may be in for a run-around.

·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
This doesn't look good. I just talked with my "preferred dealer", they don't have anybody specializing in EV vehicles. They also had no idea I had a reservation in for an ID.4 at their dealership and they didn't expect any vehicles in until mid summer. I am going to give them a day or so to answer a few questions. If they can't answer them to my satisfaction, I am going to either call VW to change preferred dealerships, or cancel my reservation.

EDIT: Just got off the phone with VW ID.4 Customer care, they said it was no issue to change preferred dealers up to the point the vehicle is going to be delivered. :) The rep I talked with was very helpful and said it was only 3 mouse clicks to change the dealer.

·
Super Moderator
2021 ID.4 Reservation
106 Posts
Although I've not done business with them before, as fairly new to my current address, I just went with the closest VW dealer. None of them have any appreciable experience to date on the vehicle but of course will be availed of regional tech rep's if needed. I haven't received any dealer acknowledgement of reservation either, but perhaps that will come in the next point in the process.
Fortunately this pure electric as we know will require less maintenance than an ICE vehicle so again i'm not too concerned with the dealership choice. Plug & play. ;)

·
24 Posts
Just got off the phone with VW ID.4 Customer care, they said it was no issue to change preferred dealers up to the point the vehicle is going to be delivered. :) The rep I talked with was very helpful and said it was only 3 mouse clicks to change the dealer.
This is what Ford did with the Mach-e. Buyers figured out the dealers in their state with the best deal and moved all their orders there. Competition is good to stop dealer non-sense.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts